I need advice regarding girlfriend/future wife

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am a 23 year old believer who is dating a 25 year old. She was only recently saved and has a long way to go. I have been praying whether she is the one God intended for me to marry. So asked my parents to pray also earnestly regarding the topic. My mother who wasn't too happy about the age difference initially told me the holy spirit spoke to her yesterday and said that he created Adam first and Eve second for a reason. That I need to do what's biblical.

So I've been praying for a sign so that God shows me what to do. I want to put him first but it's difficult with so many voices to listen to. Please pray for me and give me advice.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  151
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  04/12/1972

Do premarital counseling with your Pastor.  If you don't make it through, its not from God.  Practice total abstinence together.   This is the only way.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

There is no scripture that forbids marriage by age. But we are to make sure the potential spouse is indeed a Christian. And is serious about his or her relationship with Christ. And really, this should not be an issue since she is only 2 years older than you. I can see where some would have an issue about this if the woman was old enough to be your mother. Because then motive of such a marriage would come into play.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Might I suggest that you give some thought to attending one of these weekend get togethers.

They were originally created to help people who are having trouble with thier marriages, but in truth, they really teach what God expects husbands and wives should be in a marriage relationship.   I know several people who will tell you that they attended one of these and it got their marriage off to a much better start than if they had not attended.  The first one my wife and I attended was not for having any problems, but because some cousins were involved with the program,,,,,,   and it did bring us much closer together and knowing me probably headed off some problems before they started.

Not many places that I have attended Church have this kind of counseling.....

I might add that if anyone reading this is having trouble in thier marriage relationship, they would do themselves a great favor by attending.  I am acquainted with at least two couples that had filed divorce papers and were just waiting for the time period to expire and while we were their called their lawyers and asked them to stop the divorce....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,436
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

Well in my opinion the age difference is not a big deal. But the fact that she is a a new believer is a matter of concern.Being unequally yoked also includes being yoked with someone who is not of the same spiritual level as you.  And in any case you seem very unsure. Marriage is not something that should be entered into with an unsure mind. So pray about it and I suggest you do not change the status quo unless you are absolutely clear about God's direction. And make sure you practice complete abstinence till then. Make sure you don't get into any emotional entanglements as well.. And please pray for the girl as well.. I'm sure she is also going through a tumultuous time.

All the very best and may God bless you 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,436
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

2 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

OK HI... Once again let me remind you that this is the Seekers Forum.  This is for unbelievers to ask questions and have discussions.  This is not a Social Media forum.  You need to get 5 posts and then you can go into the Outer Court and ask your questions.  We will be glad to answer whatever you want then.  Thanks again....

RustyAngeL

Sorry I did not get what you mean...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On 6/1/2016 at 4:40 AM, Daniel's said:

I am a 23 year old believer who is dating a 25 year old. She was only recently saved and has a long way to go. I have been praying whether she is the one God intended for me to marry. So asked my parents to pray also earnestly regarding the topic. My mother who wasn't too happy about the age difference initially told me the holy spirit spoke to her yesterday and said that he created Adam first and Eve second for a reason. That I need to do what's biblical.

So I've been praying for a sign so that God shows me what to do. I want to put him first but it's difficult with so many voices to listen to. Please pray for me and give me advice.

you're looking for something in the physical world - a 'sign' - to tell you what God wants you to do; but if you get a sign, how will you know it's from God?

think back to when you proposed to her - what were your motives?  was it because of the way she makes you feel?  because of what she does for you?  if so, then you proposed out of love for self rather than love for God.  take some time to work this out - don't look for outward, physical signs, because none can be certain - get quiet before God in your mind and seek the option that gives you the most peace

Col 3:12-17 KJV
(12)  Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
(13)  Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
(14)  And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
(15)  And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
(16)  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
(17)  And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Edited by disciplehelovestoo

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

17 hours ago, other one said:

Might I suggest that you give some thought to attending one of these weekend get togethers.

They were originally created to help people who are having trouble with thier marriages, but in truth, they really teach what God expects husbands and wives should be in a marriage relationship.   I know several people who will tell you that they attended one of these and it got their marriage off to a much better start than if they had not attended.  The first one my wife and I attended was not for having any problems, but because some cousins were involved with the program,,,,,,   and it did bring us much closer together and knowing me probably headed off some problems before they started.

Not many places that I have attended Church have this kind of counseling.....

I might add that if anyone reading this is having trouble in thier marriage relationship, they would do themselves a great favor by attending.  I am acquainted with at least two couples that had filed divorce papers and were just waiting for the time period to expire and while we were their called their lawyers and asked them to stop the divorce....

well, it appears that I forgot to add the URL for the thing I was talking about......   how embarrassing is that.

http://www.familylife.com/weekendtoremember2015?&popup=disabled&gclid=CNWjqt-Zic0CFQktaQoda9kHIw

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

On 6/1/2016 at 2:40 AM, Daniel's said:

Well, first of all Adam and Eve were of the same age, since they were both created on the sixth day of Creation. So whether or not the Holy Spirit spoke to your mother is questionable.

An age difference of two years may not be significant provided (1) the husband and wife are both Christians , (2) both are living to love God and serve Christ, and (3) both know their respective roles in the home and in the church according to Scripture.  So it would be advisable to sit down with a pastor or elder and talk about this openly and frankly.  It may also be advisable to allow your girlfriend (and yourself) to mature over a period of one year and see how things are at that point.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

3 hours ago, Ezra said:

Well, first of all Adam and Eve were of the same age, since they were both created on the sixth day of Creation. So whether or not the Holy Spirit spoke to your mother is questionable.

An age difference of two years may not be significant provided (1) the husband and wife are both Christians , (2) both are living to love God and serve Christ, and (3) both know their respective roles in the home and in the church according to Scripture.  So it would be advisable to sit down with a pastor or elder and talk about this openly and frankly.  It may also be advisable to allow your girlfriend (and yourself) to mature over a period of one year and see how things are at that point.

Adam and Eve were both created on the sixth day of creation? Mmm...... Are you sure about that?

My KJV Bible doesn't specify that..... I'm not saying that you are wrong, but I can't find anything in the Bible that says you are right. Go back and read it again.