• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

8 minutes ago, OakWood said:

Adam and Eve were both created on the sixth day of creation? Mmm...... Are you sure about that?

Absolutely.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.... And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. (Gen 1:27,31)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

49 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Absolutely.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.... And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. (Gen 1:27,31)

I stand corrected and I knew that I would be.

But then again.... if you read Genesis 2:18-23 ........

I guess that there must be a recap..... in fact this is probably the first part of the Bible that tells us to ..... er..... read it again. Is God giving us the standard of reading analysis to which we should try and reach?

And another 'think again' moment also occurs in early Genesis.... see if you can spot it?

Pay attention!

Just a thought.....

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/1/2016 at 3:40 AM, Daniel's said:

I am a 23 year old believer who is dating a 25 year old. She was only recently saved and has a long way to go. I have been praying whether she is the one God intended for me to marry. So asked my parents to pray also earnestly regarding the topic. My mother who wasn't too happy about the age difference initially told me the holy spirit spoke to her yesterday and said that he created Adam first and Eve second for a reason. That I need to do what's biblical.

So I've been praying for a sign so that God shows me what to do. I want to put him first but it's difficult with so many voices to listen to. Please pray for me and give me advice.

Is your mother refering to Eve being made second because she was to be Adams help meet or was it because of the age. Is she refering to you being the head of the household?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 6/6/2016 at 6:07 AM, blevn1 said:

Is your mother refering to Eve being made second because she was to be Adams help meet or was it because of the age. Is she refering to you being the head of the household?

I see nothing wrong with a two year age difference.  It doesn't matter.  You as the man are to be the spiritual head of the home, God first and you are to seek His Will.  You are doing the right thing in praying and seeing if this girl is the right one.  Your poor mom would have had a heart attack.  My husband was 21 years older then I was and we were happily married for 25 years until the Lord took him home.  Your a grown man. Listen to what the Lord says to you  Make sure you are both grounded in the Lord.  He is to come first in both of your lives.  Don't listen so much to the voices of friends or even your mom.  Listen to the voice of the Lord. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I agree

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Daniel

Welcome to Worthy,we are glad you are here & would really appreciate some kind of response because we want t7o help y8ou the best w4ay we can,,,,we cannot do much in a one sided discussion,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,perhaps this is no longer an issue,are you still dating this young lady?

And really, this should not be an issue since she is only 2 years older than you.                              posted by giggling appy

I too,do not understand how 2 yrs can be a problem or even 4 or 5?   People,young people,mature are a different rate,,,,,we are all individuals,either you  can relate to one another (mentally) or not,when there are 10,15 & 2o yrs difference between 2 people,then there can be issues,,,,"generation gaps" will often come to a realization that you have"nothing in common",,,,,not  2 years

Anyway,I am wondering why,at 23yrs of age,you are concerned about "is she the ONE?" Young men ,at your age,should be focusing on studies,setting goals for yourself,positioning yourself for the future,imo   This is the advice I would give my own son and he did not marry until he was  32,to a woman much younger than himself,I always told him to put God FIRST & make that Relationship TOP PRIORITY,when you do not do that then how can you know what God has for you? These are not things you need be concerned with when you very simply,TRUST GOD

You said it is difficult to put God FIRST because there are so many voices to listen to,what 'voices" Brother?Are you9 talking about spiritual discernment or people?In either case,,,,you don't "listen" to anyone or anything,,,,you listen FOR God,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I believe you may need to draw near the Lord and get a firm foundation in His Word,,,,,,,,,,,,

Stand on your Position of Victory,in Jesus Christ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,desire to be Filled with the Love,Peace & Joy of the Lord,to become whole & complete in Christ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2 halves do not make a whole in Gods Kingdom,only in this te5mpral world,,,,,,,,,,,,2 WHOLE people together,make ONE in Christ

Praying that the desires of your heart & mi0nd become the desire f or the HEART & MIND of Jesus,Glory to God

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

age isnt a big deal- but Christian maturity is--if she is a new believer she needs time to grow- some new believers actually arent really- they need time to grow or fall away as the case maaybe-- you need to discern that- dont rush anything . if you have been growing in the Lord for a long time you maybe way to far ahead of her and that can cause trouble--