IGNORED

Should we go to towns of Israel and preach the Gospel to the jews?

Ogner

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

42 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

1) To go to another country to preach the gospel, is essentially being a missionary which requires a definite calling. Israel in particular can be a difficult country. To share the gospel in Israel requires knowledge of Hebrew, and an understanding of the laws and culture. 

Also, preaching that the kingdom of heaven is at hand worked in Jesus time as the culture of Israel was expecting the Messiah to come very soon. They could look at Jesus and hear what He said and was doing to compare Him to the Messianic prophesies. Today, the culture does not view the Messiah as imminent and most know nothing about Jesus/Yeshua, so to share the gospel means to explain that Jesus was Jewish, and fulfilled some of the prophesies, etc. Today, sharing the gospel with a Jewish person is not a one shot proclamation but rather a study of the NT, a bit at a time, and comparing it to the OT. From start to finish, it can take a 1 year process for each person. If a Jewish person does come to believe in Yeshua, there is often a backlash of friends and family, so after leading a Jewish person to the Lord, it takes standing with them, and helping them. Again, it is not a one shot wonder but a long term commitment. 

It is never easy to preach Gospel. But I think you're getting a little too complicated.

According to Israel's Central Bureau of Statistics, in 2008, of Israel's 7.3 million people, 75.6 percent were Jews of any background. Among them, 70.3 percent were Sabras (born in Israeli), mostly second- or third-generation Israelis, and the rest are olim (Jewish immigrants to Israel)—20.5 percent from Europe and the Americas, and 9.2 percent from Asia and Africa, including the Arab countries.

Jewish Population of Israel by paternal country of origin 
From Europe, America and Oceania by own or paternal country of origin: 1,939,400 = 35.11%
Russia/USSR    923,600 & Poland    198,500
Romania    213,100 & Other Europe    61,100    

Statistics published by Israel’s Central Bureau of Statistics on Wednesday show that 27,908 Jews have immigrated to Israel during 2015, consisting of a 16-percent rise over the number of Jews who have made Aliyah (immigrated) to Israel in 2014.

The majority of the Olim (immigrants), 53 percent, came from Russia and Ukraine, many of them fleeing the conflict in the area.

France came in second with 24 percent, as France’s Jewish population is leaving the country in wake of the rampant anti-Semitism and the advent of Islam and Islamic terror in the country. Only nine percent of the Olim came from the U.S.

In Israel the main language is Hebrew, but many people also speak English or Russian. Almost one-third of Israel's population belongs to the Russian-speaking minority. Many of those who were born in Israeli also speak English or Russian. What are the cultural differences between them and us? 
For example, You can speak in English and I can speak in Russian & Ukrainian. We don't need to speak in Hebrew to share the gospel in Israel. 

Therefore preach the Gospel in Israel is no harder than in USA, Russia or Ukraine.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Ogner said:

Mark 6:7-11, And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits;
And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse:
But be shod with sandals; and not put on two coats.
And he said unto them, In what place soever ye enter into an house, there abide till ye depart from that place.
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Matthew 10:6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

1) Should we go to towns of Israel and preach the Gospel to the jews, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand? 

2) If whosoever shall not receive us, nor hear us, when we depart thence. Should we shake the dust off feet as a testimony against them?

Those are the words of Jesus, but we must see them within the proper context.

For this event happen before the Cross, and for a limited time, how long did he sent them on this mission for they returned and they did not repeat it, as I understand it was one time thing, before the Cross, as I understand.

And what message were they instructed to give, and what would be their answers to inquiries by what authority do you do those things, and what do we suppose to perceived about the Kingdom of God, did the disciples that time had the correct understanding about the Kingdom of God.

Did they preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ the way they preach it after the Pentecost.

Just some of the blanks you have not mentioned in your post. 

For this exersise it was meant to point to Jesus as a rememberance that he had something to do with the Kingdom of God, not when they see him punish to death on the Cross by the Leaders, but later when he was preach after the resuraction.

For Jesus further divided the Kingdom, not with the North and South, but further divided the Jews, to end up having a civil strife among them selfs concerning him.

And a further division and hatred among family members conserning him to this day 

11 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

For this event happen before the Cross, and for a limited time, how long did he sent them on this mission for they returned and they did not repeat it, as I understand it was one time thing, before the Cross, as I understand.

And what message were they instructed to give, and what would be their answers to inquiries by what authority do you do those things, and what do we suppose to perceived about the Kingdom of God, did the disciples that time had the correct understanding about the Kingdom of God.

Did they preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ the way they preach it after the Pentecost.

For this exersise it was meant to point to Jesus as a rememberance that he had something to do with the Kingdom of God, not when they see him punish to death on the Cross by the Leaders, but later when he was preach after the resuraction.

For Jesus further divided the Kingdom, not with the North and South, but further divided the Jews, to end up having a civil strife among them selfs concerning him.

And a further division and hatred among family members conserning him to this day 

John the Baptist, a prophet to prepare the way preached to the people as well. Some of the apostles were his disciples.

Ac 18:25  This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

The apostles were still preaching John's baptism during Christ's ministry.

John 4:1  When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,
2  (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)
3  He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee.

L

13 minutes ago, Joline said:

John the Baptist, a prophet to prepare the way preached to the people as well. Some of the apostles were his disciples.

Jonh the Baptist was the only son of Zaharias the special priest, who gave his father a hard time, coming late in his life and causing him to continue in his Temple ministry well past his retirement age, which never had happen before.

How old was Jonh when his father died.

13 minutes ago, Joline said:

Ac 18:25  This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

4 hours ago, Ogner said:

Mark 6:7-11, And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits;
And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse:
But be shod with sandals; and not put on two coats.
And he said unto them, In what place soever ye enter into an house, there abide till ye depart from that place.
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Matthew 10:6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

1) Should we go to towns of Israel and preach the Gospel to the jews, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand? 

2) If whosoever shall not receive us, nor hear us, when we depart thence. Should we shake the dust off feet as a testimony against them?

~

Beloved,

Then I will return again to my lair until they have suffered their punishment. Then they will seek me; in their distress they will earnestly seek me. Hosea 5:15 (NET Bible)

Please Don't Count

LORD, they went to You in their distress; they poured out whispered prayers because Your discipline fell on them. Isaiah 26:16 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

Israel Out Just

Behold, the days come, says Yahweh, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they broke, although I was a husband to them, says Yahweh. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says Yahweh: I will put my law in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people: Jeremiah 31:31 (World English Bible)

Yet

In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear not; Zion, let not thy hands be slack. Jehovah thy God is in thy midst, a mighty one that will save: he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love; he will exult over thee with singing. Zephaniah 3:16-17 (Darby Bible Translation)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Jehovah bless thee, and keep thee:
Jehovah make his face to shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
Jehovah lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

So shall they put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (American Standard Version)

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

6 hours ago, Ogner said:

That message was only applicable while Christ ministered in Israel. The message now would be "The coming of the Lord draweth nigh". As to going into the towns and villages, that would be primarily for the Messianic Jews who live there and communicate in Hebrew.  There are Christian missionaries in Israel, and probably know the language.

6 hours ago, Ogner said:

This too was applicable for that time among the Jews.  However it does have a general applicability.  We are not to persist in presenting the Gospel to those who reject it or reject us. We are told to walk away and move on.  There are still billions who need the Gospel.

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I don't understand what you mean.
Or you do not understand my question.
I think everybody understands what we should preach Christ crucified and risen from the dead. 
Or do you think I don't know? Is that what you really think?

I didn't understand anything what you trying to say in your final paragraph.

L

4 minutes ago, Ogner said:

I don't understand what you mean.
Or you do not understand my question.
I think everybody understands what we should preach Christ crucified and risen from the dead. 
Or do you think I don't know? Is that what you really think?

I didn't understand anything what you trying to say in your final paragraph.

Why you have chosen this event, that took place before the Cross, and not choose the later event after the resuraction, the great commission

For the commission before the Cross it was only for the lost children of Israel, (who are the lost children of Israel). and it had nothing to do with the redemption of Jesus on the Cross, only Jesus knew his mission at that time.

That time before the Cross Jesus was only for the house of Israel.

After the Cross he was for the whole world, for he died for the whole world. 

Rejected by the Jews, thanks God for that, and was made the Savior of all, the great commission is the one you should quote, unless you have something else in your mind, suggesting that the Kingdom of God has not yet come. 

That would mean Jesus Christ is not yet crusified and raised from the dead. 

Later when the disciples visited the same villages, with the message of The Cross, then the people realize the the same people who visited them before, has come back doing the same miracles, but this time with the message of redemption, they were prepare to receive the Gospel, for them the Kingdom of God it was the knew Heavenly inheritance and been partakers of his Spirit with the forgiveness of sins.

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

That message was only applicable while Christ ministered in Israel. The message now would be "The coming of the Lord draweth nigh". As to going into the towns and villages, that would be primarily for the Messianic Jews who live there and communicate in Hebrew.  There are Christian missionaries in Israel, and probably know the language.

As I see it, this phrase "The kingdom of heaven is at hand" is a lot like "Jesus coming soon " now. 

Do you still understand this phrase like while Christ ministered in Israel?

Edited by Ogner

39 minutes ago, Ezra said:

This too was applicable for that time among the Jews.  However it does have a general applicability.  We are not to persist in presenting the Gospel to those who reject it or reject us. We are told to walk away and move on.  There are still billions who need the Gospel.

In your opinion, we should not shake the dust off feet (or anything like that) as a testimony against them. Did I understand you correctly?