Sister

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

I do not think that God is speaking to Israel only, but this prophesy is for us Christians today also to take heed;

There are many more OT prophesies like it, and here is one chapter for example.

I noticed there is a land existing which we cannot see with our eyes.  It's a spiritual land made up of those who praise God with their lips only -  This land is desolate, dry, thirsty, and in need of water (truth).  Because there is no truth, wickedness stands in place of righteousness.

"But we are all saved?"

The unrighteous will not be able to claim their inheritance through lip service only.  God is very angry with this land.  We cannot use Christ's mercy as an excuse for evil.  We need to come out of this particular land God mentions.

Jeremiah 12:1   Righteous art thou, O LORD, when I plead with thee: yet let me talk with thee of thy judgments: Wherefore doth the way of the wicked prosper? wherefore are all they happy that deal very treacherously?

Jeremiah 12:2   Thou hast planted them, yea, they have taken root: they grow, yea, they bring forth fruit: thou art near in their mouth, and far from their reins.

Jeremiah 12:3   But thou, O LORD, knowest me: thou hast seen me, and tried mine heart toward thee: pull them out like sheep for the slaughter, and prepare them for the day of slaughter.

Jeremiah 12:4   How long shall the land mourn, and the herbs of every field wither, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein? the beasts are consumed, and the birds; because they said, He shall not see our last end.

Jeremiah 12:5   If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?

(The swelling of Jordon - the baptised.  Brothers have become our oppressors now.  We come into a land where there is supposed to be peace?)

Jeremiah 12:6   For even thy brethren, and the house of thy father, even they have dealt treacherously with thee; yea, they have called a multitude after thee: believe them not, though they speak fair words unto thee.

(they turn us into outcasts, they call a multitude after us)

Jeremiah 12:7   I have forsaken mine house, I have left mine heritage; I have given the dearly beloved of my soul into the hand of her enemies.

Jeremiah 12:8   Mine heritage is unto me as a lion in the forest; it crieth out against me: therefore have I hated it.

Jeremiah 12:9   Mine heritage is unto me as a speckled bird, the birds round about are against her; come ye, assemble all the beasts of the field, come to devour.

Jeremiah 12:10   Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.

Jeremiah 12:11   They have made it desolate, and being desolate it mourneth unto me; the whole land is made desolate, because no man layeth it to heart.

(This whole land is desolate)

Jeremiah 12:12   The spoilers are come upon all high places through the wilderness: for the sword of the LORD shall devour from the one end of the land even to the other end of the land: no flesh shall have peace.

The spoilers have entered all the high places - places of power, they come through the wilderness, babylon.

Jeremiah 12:13   They have sown wheat, but shall reap thorns: they have put themselves to pain, but shall not profit: and they shall be ashamed of your revenues because of the fierce anger of the LORD.

they promise us salvation, yet we shall reap thorns.

Jeremiah 12:14   Thus saith the LORD against all mine evil neighbours, that touch the inheritance which I have caused my people Israel to inherit; Behold, I will pluck them out of their land, and pluck out the house of Judah from among them.

Jeremiah 12:15   And it shall come to pass, after that I have plucked them out I will return, and have compassion on them, and will bring them again, every man to his heritage, and every man to his land.

Jeremiah 12:16   And it shall come to pass, if they will diligently learn the ways of my people, to swear by my name, The LORD liveth; as they taught my people to swear by Baal; then shall they be built in the midst of my people.

Jeremiah 12:17   But if they will not obey, I will utterly pluck up and destroy that nation, saith the LORD.

Every nation will be destroyed at the coming, every nation having dealings with Babylon, and every person found in Babylon.

Revelation 18:4   And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

The Hebrews once suffered under the hand of their oppressors - Egypt.

Egypt was the land of the oppressors for the Hebrews.

That was history.

Just like Israel were delivered from their oppressors (Egypt), we Christians have been delivered also from a land of oppressors (Babylon) and have come into the City of Peace.

God is warning Israel, and us not to return to the land of Egypt.  Is he speaking of physical Egypt?, no he is speaking of that land of the oppressors, spiritual Egypt.

If we return to captivity, we spiritually return to Egypt and become one with them, and act like them, oppressing others, and being put under oppression also, but not knowing it. 

There are so many chapters regarding Egypt, and it regards going back into a spiritual type of captivity, being one with the land of the oppressors.

Jeremiah 44:12   And I will take the remnant of Judah, that have set their faces to go into the land of Egypt to sojourn there, and they shall all be consumed, and fall in the land of Egypt; they shall even be consumed by the sword and by the famine: they shall die, from the least even unto the greatest, by the sword and by the famine: and they shall be an execration, and an astonishment, and a curse, and a reproach.

Jeremiah 44:13   For I will punish them that dwell in the land of Egypt, as I have punished Jerusalem, by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence:

Jeremiah 44:14   So that none of the remnant of Judah, which are gone into the land of Egypt to sojourn there, shall escape or remain, that they should return into the land of Judah, to the which they have a desire to return to dwell there: for none shall return but such as shall escape.

Jeremiah 44:24   Moreover Jeremiah said unto all the people, and to all the women, Hear the word of the LORD, all Judah that are in the land of Egypt:

Jeremiah 44:25   Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, saying; Ye and your wives have both spoken with your mouths, and fulfilled with your hand, saying, We will surely perform our vows that we have vowed, to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her: ye will surely accomplish your vows, and surely perform your vows.

Jeremiah 44:26   Therefore hear ye the word of the LORD, all Judah that dwell in the land of Egypt; Behold, I have sworn by my great name, saith the LORD, that my name shall no more be named in the mouth of any man of Judah in all the land of Egypt, saying, The Lord GOD liveth.

Jeremiah 44:27   Behold, I will watch over them for evil, and not for good: and all the men of Judah that are in the land of Egypt shall be consumed by the sword and by the famine, until there be an end of them.

Jeremiah 44:28   Yet a small number that escape the sword shall return out of the land of Egypt into the land of Judah, and all the remnant of Judah, that are gone into the land of Egypt to sojourn there, shall know whose words shall stand, mine, or theirs.

Jeremiah 44:29   And this shall be a sign unto you, saith the LORD, that I will punish you in this place, that ye may know that my words shall surely stand against you for evil:

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

I agree.  There is a natural and a spiritual application there, and to many aspects of scripture.

I'm persuaded that the events leading up to the return of Christ are meant to cause people to demonstrate with their actions who it is that they serve, who it is they worship, by hastening the fruition of what's in their heart.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

On 04/06/2016 at 0:09 AM, Last Daze said:

I agree.  There is a natural and a spiritual application there, and to many aspects of scripture.

I'm persuaded that the events leading up to the return of Christ are meant to cause people to demonstrate with their actions who it is that they serve, who it is they worship, by hastening the fruition of what's in their heart.

Totally agree, for "faith without works is dead" .. and .. "those that bear no fruit will be cast into the fire" .. which is the same thing again.

Because what is coming is a trial .. a fiery trial saith the Lord, to reveal those who worship the Lord, and those who worship their own belly.  

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

17 hours ago, Serving said:

Totally agree, for "faith without works is dead" .. and .. "those that bear no fruit will be cast into the fire" .. which is the same thing again.

Because what is coming is a trial .. a fiery trial saith the Lord, to reveal those who worship the Lord, and those who worship their own belly.  

Agreed.

• Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for the tree is known by its fruit.  Matthew 12:33

Christ is coming back for those who are His.  The events leading to His return will show whether a tree is good or bad.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

On 03/06/2016 at 10:37 PM, Sister said:

I do not think that God is speaking to Israel only, but this prophesy is for us Christians today also to take heed;

There are many more OT prophesies like it, and here is one chapter for example.

I noticed there is a land existing which we cannot see with our eyes.  It's a spiritual land made up of those who praise God with their lips only -  This land is desolate, dry, thirsty, and in need of water (truth).  Because there is no truth, wickedness stands in place of righteousness.

"But we are all saved?"

The unrighteous will not be able to claim their inheritance through lip service only.  God is very angry with this land.  We cannot use Christ's mercy as an excuse for evil.  We need to come out of this particular land God mentions.

Jeremiah 12:1   Righteous art thou, O LORD, when I plead with thee: yet let me talk with thee of thy judgments: Wherefore doth the way of the wicked prosper? wherefore are all they happy that deal very treacherously?

Jeremiah 12:2   Thou hast planted them, yea, they have taken root: they grow, yea, they bring forth fruit: thou art near in their mouth, and far from their reins.

Jeremiah 12:3   But thou, O LORD, knowest me: thou hast seen me, and tried mine heart toward thee: pull them out like sheep for the slaughter, and prepare them for the day of slaughter.

Jeremiah 12:4   How long shall the land mourn, and the herbs of every field wither, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein? the beasts are consumed, and the birds; because they said, He shall not see our last end.

Jeremiah 12:5   If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?

(The swelling of Jordon - the baptised.  Brothers have become our oppressors now.  We come into a land where there is supposed to be peace?)

Jeremiah 12:6   For even thy brethren, and the house of thy father, even they have dealt treacherously with thee; yea, they have called a multitude after thee: believe them not, though they speak fair words unto thee.

(they turn us into outcasts, they call a multitude after us)

Jeremiah 12:7   I have forsaken mine house, I have left mine heritage; I have given the dearly beloved of my soul into the hand of her enemies.

Jeremiah 12:8   Mine heritage is unto me as a lion in the forest; it crieth out against me: therefore have I hated it.

Jeremiah 12:9   Mine heritage is unto me as a speckled bird, the birds round about are against her; come ye, assemble all the beasts of the field, come to devour.

Jeremiah 12:10   Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.

Jeremiah 12:11   They have made it desolate, and being desolate it mourneth unto me; the whole land is made desolate, because no man layeth it to heart.

(This whole land is desolate)

Jeremiah 12:12   The spoilers are come upon all high places through the wilderness: for the sword of the LORD shall devour from the one end of the land even to the other end of the land: no flesh shall have peace.

The spoilers have entered all the high places - places of power, they come through the wilderness, babylon.

Jeremiah 12:13   They have sown wheat, but shall reap thorns: they have put themselves to pain, but shall not profit: and they shall be ashamed of your revenues because of the fierce anger of the LORD.

they promise us salvation, yet we shall reap thorns.

Jeremiah 12:14   Thus saith the LORD against all mine evil neighbours, that touch the inheritance which I have caused my people Israel to inherit; Behold, I will pluck them out of their land, and pluck out the house of Judah from among them.

Jeremiah 12:15   And it shall come to pass, after that I have plucked them out I will return, and have compassion on them, and will bring them again, every man to his heritage, and every man to his land.

Jeremiah 12:16   And it shall come to pass, if they will diligently learn the ways of my people, to swear by my name, The LORD liveth; as they taught my people to swear by Baal; then shall they be built in the midst of my people.

Jeremiah 12:17   But if they will not obey, I will utterly pluck up and destroy that nation, saith the LORD.

Every nation will be destroyed at the coming, every nation having dealings with Babylon, and every person found in Babylon.

Revelation 18:4   And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Same as this one Sister, a prophecy for believer & non believer alike

Isaiah 24

1 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

2 And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.

3 The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.

4 The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.

5 The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

6 Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

7 The new wine mourneth, the vine languisheth, all the merryhearted do sigh.

8 The mirth of tabrets ceaseth, the noise of them that rejoice endeth, the joy of the harp ceaseth.

9 They shall not drink wine with a song; strong drink shall be bitter to them that drink it.

10 The city of confusion is broken down: every house is shut up, that no man may come in.

11 There is a crying for wine in the streets; all joy is darkened, the mirth of the land is gone.

12 In the city is left desolation, and the gate is smitten with destruction.

13 When thus it shall be in the midst of the land among the people, there shall be as the shaking of an olive tree, and as the gleaning grapes when the vintage is done.

14 They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing for the majesty of the LORD, they shall cry aloud from the sea.

15 Wherefore glorify ye the LORD in the fires, even the name of the LORD God of Israel in the isles of the sea.

16 From the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs, even glory to the righteous. But I said, My leanness, my leanness, woe unto me! the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously.

17 Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.

18 And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.

19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.

20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.

22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.

23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

What is disturbing is those singing praise to the Lord and the reply of the prophet, "My leanness, my leanness (lacking solids/truth), woe unto me! the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously. (Priests/Ministers/Shepherds failing their duties) .. not good at all.