Does Satan worship God?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  2

Yet  he depends  on God's approval for what he does, and he goes Before the Throne of God making requests. 

He recognizes  he is nothing without God.

This is a silly example , but the Joker glorifies Batman when Batman defeats him. 

The Devil isn't too clueless  to  identify the obvious, which is that his attacks against God actually glorify him and his people. 

Satan is God's defeated prisoner of war.  

If I go before someone  and acknowledge that I am nothing without them , and that I depend on them for everything , that is the same thing as worshipping them. 

What ever you depend on most is your God.   If you  acknowledge that you are nothing without your wife , and that you depend on her for everything, then she has become your God. 

Therefore,  it looks like Satan (despite the fact that He wants to be worshiped ) knows who his God and master is. 

If I have vermin in my house, and I restrain my cats from killing them, it is because I want the vermin there.

I have had my pets bite me or let a mosquito bite me before.  I could have stopped it , but under that circumstance I was okay with it.

I like the more scary and aggressive animals as long as Im aware they can't harm me. 

Before God,  Satan is nothing more than an amusing puppy or monkey who can bark, foam , slap, kick , or bite,  but do no damage.

I would be quite entertained with a small monkey wanting to fight. 

If God  didn't want adversaries, he would get rid of them. As Scripture says "there's a purpose for everything under the sun ".

Regarding God's enemies,  Scripture says "he who sits in the Heavens laughs". 

God likes amusement and entertainment :)

People confuse worship with liking someone. 

You can commit  Idolatry  with someone or something not because you love the object of your worship, but because you like the reward that it gives you, or you want something. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

2 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

People confuse worship with liking someone. 

You can commit  Idolatry  with someone or something not because you love the object of your worship, but because you like the reward that it gives you, or you want something. 

I do not think I have ever heard of anyone who thinks liking someone and worship, is the same thing.

I don't think that Satan worships God in any normal sense of the word. Tell me though, why do you ask so many odd questions. My advice, work on learning the basics, stop focusing on distracting tangents.

For what it is worth:

proskuneó: to do reverence to

Original Word: προσκυνέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: proskuneó
Phonetic Spelling: (pros-koo-neh'-o)
Short Definition: I worship
Definition: I go down on my knees to, do obeisance to, worship.

HELPS Word-studies

4352 proskynéō (from 4314 /prós, "towards" and kyneo, "to kiss") – properly, to kiss the ground when prostrating before a superior; to worship, ready "to fall down/prostrate oneself to adore on one's knees" (DNTT); to "do obeisance" (BAGD).

["The basic meaning of 4352 (proskynéō), in the opinion of most scholars, is to kiss. . . . On Egyptian reliefs worshipers are represented with outstretched hand throwing a kiss to (pros-) the deity" (DNTT, 2, 875,876).

4352 (proskyneō) has been (metaphorically) described as "the kissing-ground" between believers (the Bride) and Christ (the heavenly Bridegroom). While this is true, 4352 (proskynéō) suggests the willingness to make all necessary physical gestures of obeisance.]

Al that being understood, worship is not a physical posture, a physical act of worship, reflects the attitude of the heart. We worship, what we find worthy of our devotion. Satan is not devoted to God. Judas was not devoted to Christ, when he betrayed Him with a kiss.

I ask the questions to get a better idea of the reason there is so much evil in this world and to what extent God wants the world to be the way it is.

Jesus said no one can steal the sheep from His hands.  Also, for the sake of trusting in God having even the smallest details under control, I need to know the Devil's role in the battle between good,  that God has control of all the details of that battle, and that God wants the Devil to be influencing this world to accomplish what is good.

Such as, I live in the city where the most terrorists are recruited as a result of America taking in so many refugees from war-torn places (especially Somalia.)  Now I need to know God's will in this.  If I get on a bus and a suicide bomber blows himself up and leaves me permanently burned or disfigured, was it God's will.

(I say burned and disfigured rather than die because I consider being permanently disfigured to be horrible, where I  consider dying to be ticket and free transportation to a better place.)

The reason I ask strange questions is because I'm more interested in asking questions regarding what I don't understand rather than the questions that I've heard explanations of ( and do not feel there is much mystery or confusion behind those answers.)

It is very important for me when seeing something bad that happens to me or others  to know whether or not God willed it, wanted it, or permitted it for my greater good, and what He wants me to do with it ,

or what my response to the evil, affliction, failure, mistake, fall, or humiliation should be.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 6/6/2016 at 0:55 AM, bopeep1909 said:

Isn't pride what got Satan kicked out of heaven in the first place? Nope pride would keep him from worshiping God.

Yes Satan said I will be like the most High God.  He had a lot of pride.  He still does, which makes him think he can still win.

Proud people worship God.   Even the Pharisees worshiped God.  I have known many violent convicted felons who get on their knees and worship God. 

When I was 19 years old I would pray to God a lot but I was also stealing, lying,  listening to fowl music,  sexual immorality,  selfish,  using drugs, angry,  covetous,  envious,  lazy,  hateful,  and whatever else. 

Yes I wanted to be God,  but I knew I wasn't and knew I was nothing without him.   I also foolishly believed I would be blessed,  rewarded,  or protected some how by taking time to worship. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/02/1956

Hi Spiderman, proud people are independent people (meaning they believe themselves good enough for God just the way they are). The Pharisees were often described that way, and the people the Lord talks about in Matthew 7:22-23 surely had to think of themselves in such a manner.

People whose lifestyles are characterized by sin are not surrendered to God's headship/leadership in their lives. These type of people want God to be their "Savior", but they don't want Him to be their "Lord". IOW, they want the benefits He has to offer, but they don't want Him (and that's simply not how Christianity works). They may know "of" Him and they may fear Him as a result, but they don't "know" Him, because if they did, their lives would be characterized by the desire for holiness and righteousness instead, IOW, by thoughts and deeds that "please" God (not by the continuation of a worldly/sinful lifestyle that does not).

Why He "allows" evil is simple enough to answer, it's because He wants us to have free will. If no one could choose to disobey God, we would be robots w/o free will.

He clearly restrains evil however, both directly and indirectly (i.e. by the use of human governments, by the use of the Law of God, by our consciences, etc.). Many wonder why He doesn't do a better job restraining evil, but as a believer you have, no doubt, come to understand that everything He does is for our good (as absolutely unpleasant as it often is at the time .. see Romans 8:28).

I can't imagine how difficult/unsettling life must be (perhaps "most" of the time) where you live, so it is surely easier for me to say that, I've learned to kiss the waves that throw me up against the Rock of Ages, than it would ever be for you (that's a quote by Charles Spurgeon, BTW). But the fact is, God didn't protect His own Son from suffering, so why should we, as His adopted children, believe that we will be treated differently? What He has promised to do is to make us more and more like His Son. Suffering is not fun .. ever .. but it has certainly proven to be a very useful and effective tool in the hands of our loving Master (who works for our "good" and our salvation far more than He works to make us feel more "comfortable"). 

That was my long answer to "yes, I believe God uses suffering as a means to bring about good in our lives", because He knows how brutally independent we are by nature and that we want nothing to do with Him as a result (Romans 3:10-12; Ephesians 2:1-3) .. except for grabbing the benefits He offers, of course. But He also knows that our eternal lives depend on us not remaining that way as non-Christians, and that we are useless to Him if/when we return to such behavior as Christians, so He chastens us for our own good. 

Again, I am VERY sorry that you live in a place with so much to fear. Praying for you now! 

Yours and His,
David
p.s. - if you can and you wouldn't mind doing so, please keep us updated, perhaps on the prayer wall here, so we can know how to pray for you in an ongoing manner. May God bless and protect you in Him each and every day of your life!!

Edited by St_Worm2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

It was pride that took him down the first time and pride that will take him down his last time.