• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

21 hours ago, Serving said:

Hi Sister,

LOL .. i've been looking at the same scriptures plus a few more myself just recently and something occurred to me which I think you will really really like .. 

What can you glean from the below Hebrew scriptures which relate to what Mark said here :

Mark 16

19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Hebrews 9

1 Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.

2 For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary.

3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all;

4 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;

5 And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly.

6 Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service of God.

7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:

8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:

9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

ETC

Hebrews 10

1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

21 And having an high priest over the house of God;

22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Hi Serving

I looked at all those scriptures over and over, and I can't see what has particularly jumped for you comparing those two verses in Mark, to all of those scriptures in Hebrews.

Mark 16

19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Only this jumps out at me so far. 

I went and read that chapter in Mark 16, and Jesus spoke to the 11 apostles after he rose from the dead - for Judas was not there, and the other new apostle not yet elected.  Yet we know the Lord was with them for 40 days after his resurrection,

Acts 1:3   To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

yet it says Jesus was received up into heaven "AFTER HE SPOKE TO THEM", and sat on the right hand of God (until I make your enemies your footstool), .....in other words, sit here for a while then you can come back down again and won't be on God's right hand, but IN CHARGE.

.....SO, Christ died, and was resurrected.  He showed himself to the apostles that night, then went up to the Father.  He came back down again and was with the apostles for 40 days, seen by many.  Yet, he was told to sit at God's right hand until God had made his enemies his footstool (under him).....so if he came back for those 40 days, then his enemies had been already made his footstool, put under him.  Are you seeing this as the time Satan and his angels were thrown out of heaven?  I never thought of it like that, but If so, what does it have to do with Hebrews is my question except for those two verses in Hebrews Chapter 10 ......

12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Please do share!  I don't think I see what you are seeing, but regardless it raises some other questions to solve.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,065
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Sister said:

Hi Serving

I looked at all those scriptures over and over, and I can't see what has particularly jumped for you comparing those two verses in Mark, to all of those scriptures in Hebrews.

Only this jumps out at me so far. 

I went and read that chapter in Mark 16, and Jesus spoke to the 11 apostles after he rose from the dead - for Judas was not there, and the other new apostle not yet elected.  Yet we know the Lord was with them for 40 days after his resurrection,

Acts 1:3   To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

yet it says Jesus was received up into heaven "AFTER HE SPOKE TO THEM", and sat on the right hand of God (until I make your enemies your footstool), .....in other words, sit here for a while then you can come back down again and won't be on God's right hand, but IN CHARGE.

.....SO, Christ died, and was resurrected.  He showed himself to the apostles that night, then went up to the Father.  He came back down again and was with the apostles for 40 days, seen by many.  Yet, he was told to sit at God's right hand until God had made his enemies his footstool (under him).....so if he came back for those 40 days, then his enemies had been already made his footstool, put under him.  Are you seeing this as the time Satan and his angels were thrown out of heaven?  I never thought of it like that, but If so, what does it have to do with Hebrews is my question except for those two verses in Hebrews Chapter 10 ......

Please do share!  I don't think I see what you are seeing, but regardless it raises some other questions to solve.

I think he is saying Jesus is the Holiest that gets anointed. I agree, but it happens at the end, right before he is declared King of Kings on this earth to rule for 1000 years. I could be wrong, but his highlighted word led me to think he was trying to point that out. I think he says it happened 2000 years ago,

God Bless happy fathers day to all today.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

Hi Sister,

I was going to do a more detailed response with other scriptures to you but decided to just get to the point and then let you join all the dots in those scriptures I posted and then other scriptures besides .. and what I was ultimately leading to was to do with this : 

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

I know we already agree that this speaks of Messiah so to cut to the chase I'll now "spit it out" .. the reason Christ was crucified in the midst of the week had to do with the covenant He was FULFILLING .. meaning .. before Christ could confirm the New Covenant, He must first, by the requirements required of Messiah within the first covenant, had to confirm this was indeed He :   Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. .. because before he could confirm the 2nd (new) covenant, He first had to confirm the 1st covenants requirements of being Messiah Himself .. which He did whilst Himself observing the Law during His earthly ministry along with signs & miracles following.

And seeing that during the first half of that week the 2nd covenant was not in effect (the testament is only in force AFTER the testator dies), then He could in no way be confirming the new covenant during the 1st half of the week, thus by necessity then, the 2nd half of that week dealt with confirming the now FULFILLED covenant through the New Covenant itself, which covenant is the promises made to the father's come to life .. seeing He did not come to destroy the law & the prophets but to FULFIL.

So the first half of the week was confirming the 1st covenant, and the 2nd half of the week dealt with the fulfilled (1st) covenant come to life seen here :    By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;  .. being of course, the 2nd (new) covenant itself. 

Which to me, better explains HOW this :

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Most certainly speaks of this :

Daniel 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Which more precisely explains the WHY behind this:

shall Messiah be cut off, and in the midst of the week

Regards.

On 18/06/2016 at 10:02 PM, Revelation Man said:

Overspreading/Hebrew kanaph 3671 meaning and edge or extremity a quarter [of a building] a pinnacle. 

27 That ruler will have a firm agreement with many people for seven years, and when half this time is past, he will put an end to sacrifices and offerings. The Awful Horror[d] will be placed on the highest point of the Temple and will remain there until the one who put it there meets the end which God has prepared for him.”  

27 For one week[n]this foreigner[o] will make a firm agreement with many people, and halfway through this week,[p] he will end all sacrifices and offerings. Then the “Horrible Thing” that causes destruction will be put there. And it will stay there until the time God has decided to destroy this one who destroys.  

The overspreading means to place an idol somewhere in the Temple of God, of the Image of the (Rev. 13) Beast, which comes alive and speaks. In a corner or up high on a pinnacle etc. etc. 

A tabernacle is the dwelling place of God, Satan/False Prophet plants an idol in the Temple, and this idol brings forth the Spirit of Satan into the Temple (it comes alive, and speaks) just like the Ark of the Covenant brought forth the Spirit of God into the tabernacle, not God himself in full, but the Spirit of God was there. God's glory in full would destroy any Temple, just like we are now the Temple of God, in the flesh, but we can not have God's fullness living in us, but we cab have the Holy Spirit living in us.

Satan is not going to set up in the Jewish Temple. He will be living in splendor somewhere, in a grand palace. JMHO

God Bless

Hi Revelation Man.

We have a difference of interpretations here, which is why we see it slightly different.  I rely on the KJV to interpret.  If I were to interpret on those other versions, I would come up with a different answer.

KJV - Daniel 9:27   And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

This is how I see it through my eyes.  You don't have to agree with me, it's ok; 

After Christ was cut off (crucified) the outcome is the overspreading of abominations.  Men rejected the truth and forgiveness of their sins, by replacing what was freely offered to them with lies and unrighteousness.

This means that wickedness starts growing at a new level and continues to grow until the Coming (consummation).  The "desolate", are those who have rejected Christ.  These individuals who are of the world, do not know Christ and are therefore in spiritual darkness.  Their spiritual land is "desolate" without truth because of all their abominations which they have committed. This desolation continues to the end, .....a dry thirsty spiritual land with no truth.  There is no excuse now because they turned their backs in order to not get healed, therefore more desolations (lies) are coming their way.

It's determined by God, it's going to happen, and there's nothing that can change it.

That's how I see it anyway.

Blessings.

29 minutes ago, Sister said:

Hi Revelation Man.

We have a difference of interpretations here, which is why we see it slightly different.  I rely on the KJV to interpret.  If I were to interpret on those other versions, I would come up with a different answer.

KJV - Daniel 9:27   And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

This is how I see it through my eyes.  You don't have to agree with me, it's ok; 

After Christ was cut off (crucified) the outcome is the overspreading of abominations.  Men rejected the truth and forgiveness of their sins, by replacing what was freely offered to them with lies and unrighteousness.

This means that wickedness starts growing at a new level and continues to grow until the Coming (consummation).  The "desolate", are those who have rejected Christ.  These individuals who are of the world, do not know Christ and are therefore in spiritual darkness.  Their spiritual land is "desolate" without truth because of all their abominations which they have committed. This desolation continues to the end, .....a dry thirsty spiritual land with no truth.  There is no excuse now because they turned their backs in order to not get healed, therefore more desolations (lies) are coming their way.

It's determined by God, it's going to happen, and there's nothing that can change it.

That's how I see it anyway.

Blessings.

I check out all the Hebrew and Greek root words. No Translation is perfect, And the KJV is no different. The infallible word was written in Hebrew and Greek. So that is the best sources.

GB

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

Jesus is coming back.. then the end ushers in the new beginning:)

48 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

I check out all the Hebrew and Greek root words. No Translation is perfect, And the KJV is no different. The infallible word was written in Hebrew and Greek. So that is the best sources.

GB

Revelation Man

I don't believe that all translations are not perfect.  God delivered his word to us pure, and we can rely on it 100%. 

Many turn away because they believe the same,.. that God's word has been tampered with by men so what's the point?  God preserved his Word for all generations.  The old KJV has not changed, and is the most hated version of them all, and these men, scholars of the world, ordained by the world, and not by God are threatened by this version, warning the churches to let go of this translation.  This should tell us something and make us ask lots of questions, not just accept. 

When it comes to interpreting the fine details it does matter, for the scriptures have to harmonise.  The clues are in the "words", exactly the way God wanted us to read with all the interpretations already done for us, so we can just read, and feed,  and if the words are changed, then the clues get missed for the deeper things.

So I declare that when I quote a scripture, it's God's pure word saying exactly how he wanted to say it, in our tongue for our understanding and can be used for reproof, edification, doctrine, etc.

2 hours ago, Serving said:

Hi Sister,

I was going to do a more detailed response with other scriptures to you but decided to just get to the point and then let you join all the dots in those scriptures I posted and then other scriptures besides .. and what I was ultimately leading to was to do with this : 

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

I know we already agree that this speaks of Messiah so to cut to the chase I'll now "spit it out" .. the reason Christ was crucified in the midst of the week had to do with the covenant He was FULFILLING .. meaning .. before Christ could confirm the New Covenant, He must first, by the requirements required of Messiah within the first covenant, had to confirm this was indeed He :   Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. .. because before he could confirm the 2nd (new) covenant, He first had to confirm the 1st covenants requirements of being Messiah Himself .. which He did whilst Himself observing the Law during His earthly ministry along with signs & miracles following.

And seeing that during the first half of that week the 2nd covenant was not in effect (the testament is only in force AFTER the testator dies), then He could in no way be confirming the new covenant during the 1st half of the week, thus by necessity then, the 2nd half of that week dealt with confirming the now FULFILLED covenant through the New Covenant itself, which covenant is the promises made to the father's come to life .. seeing He did not come to destroy the law & the prophets but to FULFIL.

So the first half of the week was confirming the 1st covenant, and the 2nd half of the week dealt with the fulfilled (1st) covenant come to life seen here :    By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;  .. being of course, the 2nd (new) covenant itself. 

Which to me, better explains HOW this :

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Most certainly speaks of this :

Daniel 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Which more precisely explains the WHY behind this:

shall Messiah be cut off, and in the midst of the week

Regards.

That's GREAT!

I used to believe Christ was confirming the "new covenant", but when I really looked at it a few days ago, I realised that he was confirming the Old Covenant to the Jews, showing them that the "Seed" which was to come was here.  So we are basically saying the same thing, and I agree with everything you said, adding more clarity for harmony.  Well done, and God bless.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

On 20/06/2016 at 3:25 PM, Sister said:

That's GREAT!

I used to believe Christ was confirming the "new covenant", but when I really looked at it a few days ago, I realised that he was confirming the Old Covenant to the Jews, showing them that the "Seed" which was to come was here.  So we are basically saying the same thing, and I agree with everything you said, adding more clarity for harmony.  Well done, and God bless.

Thanks Sister .. BTW .. you do realise that this understanding forces the end of the 70 weeks to Stephen's stoning where the Sanhedrin finally and publicly rejected Christ's Messiah-ship over Israel right? 

Which of course means that 70AD was in fact the repercussions of that rejection (result of the 70 week failure for national Israel) and not the actual 70th week's end. 

It is the only answer that fits with this interpretation when you think about it.

Blessings.  

1 hour ago, Serving said:

Thanks Sister .. BTW .. you do realise that this understanding forces the end of the 70 weeks to Stephen's stoning where the Sanhedrin finally and publicly rejected Christ's Messiah-ship over Israel right? And seeing that Israel accepted the Sanhedrin as the representatives of God over national Israel, then those Sanhedrin did indeed represent the peoples of Israel too right ;) Meaning that besides those who came to Christ, the majority (national Israel) rejected Him .. meaning .. National Israel failed the requirements of the 70 week deadline to Anoint Messiah and put an end to sin and to finish the transgressions.

Which of course means that 70AD was in fact the repercussions of that rejection (result of the 70 week failure for national Israel) and not the actual 70th week's end right? 

It is the only answer that fits with this interpretation when you think about it.

Blessings.  

I am leaving with Jesus pre-trib, and I will fly faster than you guys cause I Believe my motor is bigger...........:)