What should unity look like?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  494
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus prayed to the Father that they (we) may be one as you and I are one.  The prayer indicates that when we are one then the world will believe that Jesus was sent by the Father. (John 17:20-23)  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

What should unity look like?

According to Scripture:

1. One place

2. One heart

3. One mind

And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. (Acts 4:32).

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Good and pleasant Psalm 133:1.

• Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.66
  • Days Won:  2

To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit;

1 Peter 3:8

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Seeking,,,,,,

Welcome to Worthy,,,,,,,,by your statement I believe you ARE a Christian? This Forum is for guests ,non believers & "seekers",,,,,,,,,,I encourage you to copy/paste your OP & post it in an appropriate Forum after you have acquired the minimum required # of posts(at least "5") to have access to our many Forums,,,,,,,

1. One place

2. One heart

3. One mind

And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. (Acts 4:32                 posted by Ezra

Amen,Praise & Glory to God,we are "United" by our Faith in the knowledge of WHO our Lord & Savior ,Jesus is,,,,,,,,,With love-in Christ,Kwik  

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  151
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  04/12/1972

Allot less discomforting banter from wood, hay and straw Christians, anyway the plagues will take care of that quite handily.  We have to let the Holy Spirit knit us together as we humbly compromise, not force our own agendas, and wait for Him to do His will amoungst us.  The potential is endless if we sacrifice our wills for each other.  Amen.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/08/1974

Unity starts with an understanding that my job is not to get you to agree with me, but to live my life in such a way that I contribute to the body of Christ as a whole. On other words, I work at taking the log from my own eye so to speak and work on living up to the biblical standard God has for me. Unity is my problem not someone else's problem. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

13 hours ago, seeking the lost said:

Jesus prayed to the Father that they (we) may be one as you and I are one.  The prayer indicates that when we are one then the world will believe that Jesus was sent by the Father. (John 17:20-23)  

My understanding of perfect unity is the perfect sync between Jesus and the Father. They were in perfect agreement in absolutely everything. But then God is perfect.  Unity among us imperfect human beings is very difficult. But I believe that it is possible for a group of humans to be ONE JUST AS JESUS AND THE FATHER ARE ONE. If it was not possible Jesus would not have prayed that prayer.

Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.

I believe that for two humans to be in perfect unity the two should fall to the ground and die to self completely. Only then it is possible. But well most of us are too self centered. May God help us die to self completely so that we may gain life in Christ

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Hi Seeking The Lost,

This is the Seekers Lounge.  This is where the ones come who are not Christians to ask their questions and we as believers try and point them to the Cross.  After 5 posts you may want to post this in another forum.  

However this is a great question so I would say Unity looks like,

Being of one mind, having the Mind of Christ.  Loving as He would, without condition or strings attached.

Going out of your way to help someone.

Asking yourself, What Would Jesus Do? Then doing it.

Then I would follow what my sister Kwik said, copy and paste this in the appropriate forum

Because He Lives!   RustyAngeL 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  494
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

30 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

Hi Seeking The Lost,

This is the Seekers Lounge.  This is where the ones come who are not Christians to ask their questions and we as believers try and point them to the Cross.  After 5 posts you may want to post this in another forum.  

However this is a great question so I would say Unity looks like,

Being of one mind, having the Mind of Christ.  Loving as He would, without condition or strings attached.

Going out of your way to help someone.

Asking yourself, What Would Jesus Do? Then doing it.

Then I would follow what my sister Kwik said, copy and paste this in the appropriate forum

Because He Lives!   RustyAngeL 

Thank you.  Just saw that anyone could post here and wanted to ask the question.  If we find out what this is then perhaps the world will know Jesus.