Sign in to follow this  
George

You'll never find the perfect church

If you knew the truth, and told it, it wouldn't be a trap. It's only a trap because you know you will contradict yourself, and my purpose in asking is fulfilled.

Thank you.

To answer my own question: One must learn true doctrine, teaching true teachings, and practice correct practices in order to be saved. Of course, salvation is only possible through Jesus Christ. He gave us His gospel to help us return to Him. Distorted gospel principles or teachings will not save us.

If you knew the truth, and told it, it wouldn't be a trap. It's only a trap because you know you will contradict yourself, and my purpose in asking is fulfilled.

Thank you.

To answer my own question: One must learn true doctrine, teaching true teachings, and practice correct practices in order to be saved. Of course, salvation is only possible through Jesus Christ. He gave us His gospel to help us return to Him. Distorted gospel principles or teachings will not save us.

Seems to me you don't believe that you simply need to believe! Seems to me you believe that you have to DO something for salvation other than believe in Jesus Christ.

Once one comes to belief in Christ, then there are responsibilities in becoming a disciple, but salvation has already come by that point. You seem to be highly legalistic if this is what you believe.

I am sure that you are proud of your humility Joe. But forgive me, it was I who wronged you. I have said things that weren't Christ-like. I have offended Your brothers and sisters. I have intruded upon your peaceful and unchallenged way of viewing things. I have created a user name that will condemn me. I have you find room in your heart to forgive me. I plead for your forgiveness, and for God's.

But a simple question:

Do you believe that God will save us no matter what we learn, practice, or teach, as long as we have faith in Jesus Christ? Is that all it takes? Does the Bible tell you that?

Mmmm, the smell of sarcasm . . . :24:

So what exactly is the one true church you keep talking about but never mention by name? Or can I guess?

Let me guess? Latter Day Saints? :24:

Guest Biblicist
You'll never find the perfect church. . .

There is little chance we will ever find the perfect anything here on earth.

To answer my own question: One must learn true doctrine, teaching true teachings, and practice correct practices in order to be saved. Of course, salvation is only possible through Jesus Christ.

Remember the guy hanging on a cross for his crimes along side of Jesus?

Luke 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

That was Jesus answer to a man who never got the chance (after calling on Jesus) to " learn true doctrine, teaching true teachings, and practice correct practices in order to be saved."

You're relying on religion not Christ to get you into heaven, and sorry if I sound blunt but religion will send you to hell. I hope that you will accept Jesus Christ as your savior. But me hoping wont bring Christ into your heart, you have to invite him in.

Good churches are hard to find. One must look around and do a lot of praying about it.

:24: George,

Thank you for your ministry..

It really spoke to me...too..

Many Thanks ,

Love messageX+

:emot-pray:

Good churches are really hard to find in my area of Ohio. So small! I know of only 2 that I can tolerate, and I do mean tolerate. They teach Biblically and that is why I can tolerate them. The people on the other hand.....well lets not go into that. I definately know that the perfect church does not exist. Not until we all gather in Heaven!! :thumbsup:

Here about the guy who was looking for the perfect church?

A pastor he happened to meet advised him to not join it if he ever found it.

The guy asked "Why not?"

The pastor said "'Cause you'll ruin it."

:wub:

Sign in to follow this