• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello.

I have four children. When i was pregnant with my last, my husband blatantly told me he didn'twant the baby and that I should have an abortion which I decline. I convinced him and kept the baby. That was 2 years ago. Now am pregnant again with our fifth child and when I informed him I was pregnant he adamantly told me to get rid of the baby. Now is either I do things his way or he is going to leave. He is a Christian but I don't think he has the fear of God in Him. He thinks the baby will bring struggles and it will be a burden as I was planning to go back to work next year by His Grace. I even told him to read Psalms 139 thinking that it will change his mind. His reply was "it isn't the issue and I should get rid of him. I don't know how I get through to him.

Am also scared of what my family will say.

I don't believe in abortion as it opposses God's will. Am really confused what to do.

Pls i need some advice.  Thank you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Hi Lizzina,

Please don't think we are ignoring your post.   I"m sending you a PM so look for that.  

We are happy to have you with us Lizzina,

Blessings RustyAngeL

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

I have been praying for you Lizzinia, and the baby

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Check your local area and see if you can find a crises pregnancy center. They can help with things and give you alternatives to abortion. They can provided baby things and help with counseling for you and your husband. Adoption is always an option and I think they can help with that if you wish to go that way.

Feel free to p/m me if you need to.

Lizzina, I prayed about this a number of time last night so I wouldn't give any off the cuff advice. Your husband is head of the family you need to pay attention to his concerns about finances- he obviously feels that another mouth to feed would be a serious hardship to the family. You also need to pay attention to what the Spirit tells you about the preciousness of your babies life.

One possible way to honor both desires is to put the child up for adoption. I know its a hard thing to do and there is always an emotional tie to the baby- but letting a family that has the financial and emotional resources to raise the child would be it its best interest. Even if you could convince your husband to let you keep the child he might have negative feelings toward it for its entire life.

My son was adopted. His bio parents had teenage and adult children and could not provide the financial resources to raise him correctly- they had the abortion option but chose instead to contact an agency and place him with us.

financially the cost of child birth and abortion are not that far apart so it should not be an issue for your husbands concerns about money.

I will continue to pray for you guys as the Spirit leads

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Lizzana, Wondeddog has a good idea......   

I might add that you should remind your husband that you did not get this way all by yourself...   I don't know where you live, but here in Oklahoma if he left you over something like this our child welfare people would make his life miserable until all your children were 18 and on thier own.

If you can trust him, I would recommend you talk to your pastor...

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Lizzina,,,,,

Welcome to Worthy sweet Sister, I'm so sorry for your struggle,it must be heart wrenching for you,,,,,,b ut God is w4ith you dear one & He will NEVER LEAVE YOU nor will He forsake you

You tell us that your husband is Christian but I find that hard to relate to,personally    God does not "give life" with out a Plan & Purpose for that child,He is Your Provider,He is your God,your Lord,your All in All,,,,,,,,,,,,,,does tyour husband not know the Scriptures?

Deuteronomy 8:18

18 But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.

Does he not trust God for Provision,for the means & ability to supply all that you,he & your family will ever need?I see a lack of trust there on his part,imo,,,,,,,,,,,,,others suggested you consider adoption to accommodate your husbands demands,,,,really? If I,as a Christian,was Blessed by God with yet another life placed in my care then I would simply trust Him to help me,as He Will,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think you should remind your husband of Who he is in Christ,,,,,,you both need to pray TOGETHER and become of like mind and judgment ,,,,,to do Gods Will,,,,,

Yes,A Christian man is supposed to be head of household but not above Christ,our Head......there is nothing wrong with a wife to remind him of Who we serve & obey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,see a Pastor or good Christian counselor,mostly seek God TOGETHER

With love-in Christ,Kwik

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Yes,A Christian man is supposed to be head of household

I advised adoption not as a first option- I assume that if your husband is really a Christian he is an immature carnal Christian, and that if he forces the abortion issue you do have the adoption issue to pursue.

The best solution is as Kwik relates to trust the Lord for the needs of the child, but my suggestion was aimed at the assumtion that it sounded like hubby is not a strong believer and might try to force you into abortion

Pharaoh decreed that all the little boys be put to death--- Moses' Mother trusted the Lord and set him adrift in a basket-- the Lord ultimately takes care of things, Moses was raised to serve God

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 6/13/2016 at 9:46 AM, lizzina said:

Hello.

I have four children. When i was pregnant with my last, my husband blatantly told me he didn'twant the baby and that I should have an abortion which I decline. I convinced him and kept the baby. That was 2 years ago. Now am pregnant again with our fifth child and when I informed him I was pregnant he adamantly told me to get rid of the baby. Now is either I do things his way or he is going to leave. He is a Christian but I don't think he has the fear of God in Him. He thinks the baby will bring struggles and it will be a burden as I was planning to go back to work next year by His Grace. I even told him to read Psalms 139 thinking that it will change his mind. His reply was "it isn't the issue and I should get rid of him. I don't know how I get through to him.

Am also scared of what my family will say.

I don't believe in abortion as it opposses God's will. Am really confused what to do.

Pls i need some advice.  Thank you.

Your husband does not come off as a born again true believer in Jesus Christ. If your husband truly loved you and if he was the husband God wanted him to be he would not suggest an abortion. Children are a blessing from God. Let him leave if he wants to do so. God will be by your side. Give all of this to God. Pray continuously regarding this.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Children are a blessing from God. Let him leave if he wants to do so. God will be by your side. Give all of this to God. Pray continuously regarding this.

posted by Bopeep

I ,personally,would agree,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think we all have confirmed for you that you both need Gods help,in your marriage really,,,,,you are not in ONE ACCORD,,,,,,,,something is causing division,,,,,,,,there is more here to address,dearSister,than the pregnancy,,,,,,,,the 2 of you should be as ONE in CHRIST JESUS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,talk to your husband,tell him this is not an option for consideration and remind him that you are supposed to be one flesh,joined together by God,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that you want him to get on his knees(with you) & seek the Lord,,,,,,,if he is to be head of the household then he can only be that if Christ is his Head,,,,,,,,,,,,,His FIRST love,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,               To God be the Glory               With love-in Christ,Kwik