• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello.

I have four children. When i was pregnant with my last, my husband blatantly told me he didn'twant the baby and that I should have an abortion which I decline. I convinced him and kept the baby. That was 2 years ago. Now am pregnant again with our fifth child and when I informed him I was pregnant he adamantly told me to get rid of the baby. Now is either I do things his way or he is going to leave. He is a Christian but I don't think he has the fear of God in Him. He thinks the baby will bring struggles and it will be a burden as I was planning to go back to work next year by His Grace. I even told him to read Psalms 139 thinking that it will change his mind. His reply was "it isn't the issue and I should get rid of him. I don't know how I get through to him.

Am also scared of what my family will say.

I don't believe in abortion as it opposses God's will. Am really confused what to do.

Pls i need some advice.  Thank you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

On 6/14/2016 at 0:13 AM, lizzina said:

Hello.

I have four children. When i was pregnant with my last, my husband blatantly told me he didn'twant the baby and that I should have an abortion  which I decline.  I convinced him and kept the baby. That was 2 years ago. Now am pregnant again with our fifth child and when I informed him I was pregnant he adamantly told me to get rid of the baby.  Now is either I do things his way or he is going to leave.   He is a Christian but I don't think he has the fear of God in Him.   He thinks the baby will bring struggles and it will be a burden as I was planning to go back to work next year by His Grace. I even told him to read Psalms 139 thinking that it will change his mind. His reply was "it isn't the issue and I should get rid of him. I don't know how I get through to him.

I don't believe in abortion as it opposses God's will.   Am really confused what to do.

I would decline having an abortion whether you can convince your husband a second time or not to keep his child.  Your husband laid down his own rules either you have an abortion or he will leave which is not the will of God.  That shows no love toward you the mother of his children and it shows no love for his own children.  Your answer is pretty plain to me as you don't believe in abortion as it opposes God's will.  It is wrong to sin against God's will so there should be no more confusion on what you should do. You simply obey the will of God and do not have an abortion.  Your husband is not showing any signs of the love of God in his life and is giving you the counsel of the ungodly to follow which brings no blessings if you follow it.  It is just the opposite blessed is the person who standeth not in the counsel of the ungodly.  Be a tree planted by the waters and don't be moved on this.  You cannot commit a sin because someone tells you too even if that happens to be your husband.   Stay true to God and trust him to work it all out were you cannot. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

Dear Lady and christian mother:

Save your baby.

Your child will one day thank you for protecting him/her and letting him/her live.

God also wants you to keep your child.

And stop having unprotected sex with your husband.

And stand by Gods Word on this matter and seek christian support if you can.

God will always make a way for what is right for your life. Place your trust in that,(over all concerns in your life) , place your trust in God first .  For it is Gods promise to us, that believe and follow His will over our own, that, He will never leave us or forsake us but make our path clear, strait and possible.

We are the ones that complicate things by disobeying and not trusting in God over our own poor judgements.

BTW. Your husband was also responsible in the making of this child. He should continue to take responsibility and in the future if he does not wish for more children, there are ways to not get pregnant. For now that the child is growing in you, it is no longer an issue of prevention , rather an issue of taking responsibility for making sure this child is safe and its life is protected.

If you choose to kill that child growing inside you, you will always have a deep regret for having made that wrong decision.

Pray to God, ask Him for His strength and guidance and He will make the way possible for both you and your children.

God Be with You in your decision. Amen!

1to3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Oh, goodness, what a difficult situation and I can understand how hard it may be to take any action or make a decision based upon what you have shared.  Truly do feel for you. 

It sounds to me that your husband may profess to be a Christian;  but his actions are saying he is not abiding in God's will nor taking the responsibility for his family and you and is not under conviction for his lack of conscience or compassion.  In other words the fruit of the Holy Spirit is not coming forth.  See Galations 5:22.   He sounds like he won't accept counsel from Christians but getting in a Christian community (church) if you are not in one...and  on a regular basis should help both of you. 

I think you need to talk to a good Christian or pastoral counselor yourself, someone who can help you, not necessarily change your husband but help you make a decision as to whether you stay or go.  The world may be telling many (especially here in the U.S.) that abortion is an option.  It is not. 

It goes without saying..protection against further pregnancies is a must in your situation.  This is not a man who understands parental or spousal obligations.

Praying for you both and the babies.  <><    

Edited by seabrook
typo needed changing for clear meaning.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 2:13 PM, lizzina said:

Hello.

I have four children. When i was pregnant with my last, my husband blatantly told me he didn'twant the baby and that I should have an abortion which I decline. I convinced him and kept the baby. That was 2 years ago. Now am pregnant again with our fifth child and when I informed him I was pregnant he adamantly told me to get rid of the baby. Now is either I do things his way or he is going to leave. He is a Christian but I don't think he has the fear of God in Him. He thinks the baby will bring struggles and it will be a burden as I was planning to go back to work next year by His Grace. I even told him to read Psalms 139 thinking that it will change his mind. His reply was "it isn't the issue and I should get rid of him. I don't know how I get through to him.

I don't believe in abortion as it opposses God's will. Am really confused what to do.

If he is a believer in God try and get him to read these Scriptures.

In Luke chapter one, verses 36 and 41, we are told that Elisabeth conceived a "son" and that the "babe" leaped in her womb. God does not say that a "fetus" leaped in her womb! He says THE BABE leaped. This is the exact same word that God uses to describe Christ in the manger AFTER He is born (Luke 2:12, 16). In God eyes, an unborn babe and a newborn babe are the same. They are both living human beings!

To further confirm the fact that God views the unborn child as a living person,  Exodus 21:22-23:

"If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,"

Proverbs 6:16-17 says that God HATES those who shed innocent blood! Deuteronomy 27:25 says, "Cursed be he that taketh reward to slay an innocent person. And all the people shall say, Amen."

Who could possibly be more innocent than an unborn baby?! Yet, our society has become so wicked that it condones the slaying of 1.5 million innocent children every year. The Bible says that God HATES people who do this.

If God allows a child to be conceived, then God obviously has a plan for that child. Mary's parents didn't know that she'd give birth to the Savior of the world, but she did. God has a plan for unborn children (Jer. 1:5; Lk. 1:13-17; Gen. 4:25; Jud. 13:3-5), so to abort an unborn child is to stop a plan of God.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85

This is the message which America's preachers need to hear today. 

"We have become complacent concerning sin."

Abortion has become so commonplace that few preachers today cry aloud against sin as Isaiah the prophet did... "Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins" (Isaiah 58:1). Where are the Billy Sundays today, who will preach uncompromisingly against sin? 

Abortion does not make a mother un-pregnant. Abortion makes a mother and father, the parents of a murdered, dead child. Yes, Its that serious in the eyes of God.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

On 6/13/2016 at 11:13 PM, lizzina said:

Hello.

First, I pray for God's blessings on you and your family, your husband, four children, and fifth on the way.

Abortion is a grave, grave sin. It's clear that you know this already. I would advise you to remember that God does not make allowances when it comes to clear sins. It would be "easy" to abort the child (and yet painful, physically, emotionally, spiritually, something you would doubtless never fully recover from), but God asks us to take the hard way when it's the right way. He asks us to lean on Him in our darkest times, and trust His will and His power to preserve and persevere us.

And I do not say this to make light of your situation. You are, without a doubt, in a very difficult spot, one that I cannot personally fathom. But the choice is clear; the baby must live. It may be that you need to pray and that God will lay on your heart that adoption is the right course of action. But the baby must live. I would seek counsel from wise leaders at your church, and try to get your husband to speak with them as well.

Also, might I recommend you look up Voddie Baucham's message series "Love and Marriage" on Youtube? It can be transformative for both you and your husband on the way you view each other, your relationship, the purpose of your marriage, and children.

God bless!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Do as Egyptian mid-wives did who feared the Lord and it went well with them....BELIEVE it will go well with you

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/05/1981

First, I find it a tragic thing that this scenario is played out at all. Truly, if his perspective is so given to the unwillingness to have children; one would think he would take responsibility for his own participation. If he truly did not want more children, it would seem prudent that he use contraceptives of a sort; but that is neither here nor there I suppose. 

Second, I concur with the general sentiment here; though it may be of incredible difficulty, your desire to promote life and obedience to God takes precedence over any man's selfish perspective; especially given the blind ignorance of his own participation. 

Third, self condemnation can be a terrible and devastating tool the enemy uses. Fight any doubts or feelings of guilt because you have no cause to be ashamed or guilty for doing what is clearly approved of within the confines of marriage

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/03/1959

On 6/14/2016 at 4:13 PM, lizzina said:

Am really confused what to do

not an easy time at all, you have really only one choice. but God will pour out so much grace when you put Him first. Absolutely I have prayed and you'll be ok