• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, post said:

the Bible does not say that there had never been a rainbow before. 
it actually doesn't say that it had never rained at all before Noah -- it says before the creation of Adam & Eve, that it did not rain then - 

How did you arrive at these conclusions?  There was a mist that provided moisture before the Flood, and there was neither rain nor rainbow.

And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground. (Genesis 2:5,6).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

20 minutes ago, Ezra said:

How did you arrive at these conclusions?  There was a mist that provided moisture before the Flood, and there was neither rain nor rainbow.

And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground. (Genesis 2:5,6).

because look at what it says, and where it says it. 

this verse is talking about conditions before man was created --

the LORD God had not caused it to rain on the land, and there was no man to work the ground, and a mist was going up from the land and was watering the whole face of the ground — then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life
(Genesis 2:5-7)

how long before man was created? who knows? exactly what all changed after He created man to work the ground? who knows? 

does it say in the story of Noah ((five chapters and at least hundreds, and possibly as many as hundreds of millions of years later, in Genesis 7)) that it had never rained before the flood? 
and i just missed it? 

((reads the Bible again)) 

hmm, no, no it doesn't actually say that. 

((reads Bible again in KJV this time, **just in case**))

nope. still not there. 

so hey Ezra -- where do you arrive at the conclusion that it had never rained before the flood? where do you arrive at the conclusion that there was no such thing as a rainbow before the flood waters receded? you're just assuming - right? because AFAIK the Bible doesn't actually say that. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, post said:

because AFAIK the Bible doesn't actually say that. 

So unless you read a specific statement to fit your belief, nothing is true? You want the Bible to say precisely and *actually* what you wish to see?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

So unless you read a specific statement to fit your belief, nothing is true? You want the Bible to say precisely and *actually* what you wish to see?

my, don't you jump far to a conclusion ! :rolleyes:
where do you get this conclusion from ? is that in the Bible ? 

you didn't answer me, btw ? 
exactly how do you come to the conclusion that it had never rained before the flood, and/or there was no such thing as a rainbow before God made it a sign for us? 
speculation, yes? 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Questions question of curiousity I sometimes like to ask:

How does the question, or the answer to it, affect your dailiy life in Christ?

How does it help you bring others to faith?

Is there some reason, to cause contention by pondering something that is a non-issue?

In other words, is there some reason you brought this up?

Lastly, why put this in the Apologetics section, how is this an answer for the hope that we have, a defense of the faith?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/10/1995

2 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Questions question of curiousity I sometimes like to ask:

How does the question, or the answer to it, affect your dailiy life in Christ?

How does it help you bring others to faith?

Is there some reason, to cause contention by pondering something that is a non-issue?

In other words, is there some reason you brought this up?

Lastly, why put this in the Apologetics section, how is this an answer for the hope that we have, a defense of the faith?

My atheist friend questioned this to me. I wanted to give a better answer to her. So I posted this question here under science and faith. Hope you are not offended by my question. :) I wanted to your opinions.

Edited by Warrior of Jesus

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49

Post,

when Moses recorded the information about no rain in the beginning, he was referring to a system by which the entire plant world would be watered, he was not talking about whether it rained on Adam's wedding or not.

Ezra,

and as for the rainbow, it is an integral part of light effects. God said that when a cloud passes, a rainbow would be seen in it, as it did when He spoke to Noah. How someone can suddenly conclude that it did not exist before then, is not a natural process of thought.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 6/15/2016 at 10:14 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Now, I am new, so I am not 100% of your policies or whatnot, but I believe any topic about the validity of the Bible should be under apologetics. 

What I have been taught, is that the Earth was in sort of a greenhouse prior to the Flood. The atmosphere was in such a way that water didn't accumulate into rain clouds, but instead ascended like the dew does. This greenhouse kept the Earth cool and moist, perfect for reptiles (aka Dinosaurs.) This could also be a reason why the people wouldn't believe Moses about the Flood. It has never rained before so the people thought Moses was crazy to say that it would rain so much to destroy the world. The onslaught of the Deluge had God breaking that greenhouse and effectively releasing all the stored waters unto the Earth. After the flood, the first rainbow was shown because it never had rained before the deluge. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 6/15/2016 at 1:35 PM, post said:

because look at what it says, and where it says it....
this verse is talking about conditions before man was created....

the LORD God had not caused it to rain on the land, and there was no man to work the ground, and a mist was going up from the land and was watering the whole face of the ground — then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life
(Genesis 2:5-7)

where do you arrive at the conclusion that there was no such thing as a rainbow before the flood waters receded?
you're just assuming - right? because.... the Bible doesn't actually say that....

:emot-heartbeat:

and a mist was going up from the land and was watering the whole face of the ground

Where's The Rainbow?

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. Genesis 7:11

There's The

And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters asswaged; The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained; Genesis 8:1-2

Rainbow

And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying, And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you; And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth.

And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.

And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth. Genesis 9:8-17

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  05/10/1995

I always thought God made to rain sometime after the creation of Adam and Eve. I am amazed by your variety of opinions. Thank you so much everyone. :)