• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,436
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

1 hour ago, Warrior of Jesus said:

I always thought God made to rain sometime after the creation of Adam and Eve. I am amazed by your variety of opinions. Thank you so much everyone. :)

There is no record of rain till the flood in the bible. So no chance of rainbow

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

6 hours ago, PlasmaHam said:

Now, I am new, so I am not 100% of your policies or whatnot, but I believe any topic about the validity of the Bible should be under apologetics. 

this forum has really a relatively large number of categories & sub-categories.
i have a difficult time trying to decide where a thread should go myself, and i am sure lots of other people do too. many things i might want to talk about cross many categories. 
i also think i may miss discussions i would be interested in reading or have input on, because i'm browsing the wrong sections. 

i gleaned that the OP was looking for whether there is a physical explanation for the presence or non-presence of rainbows before some certain historical point, owing to environment etc. -- so they decided to put this under "science" -- but the discussion grew from that point towards what the Bible says and how we can interpret or extrapolate from what's written. this, because, the actual science is pretty straightforward - there is no physical reason rainbows should not exist whenever there is a mist of water in the air, or a mist of any other transparent or semi-transparent particles, for that matter. the actual physical phenomena does not require rain, or even actual water. not much to discuss there! 

so i agree with OP's choice of location, and with what you observe too. 

1 hour ago, SIC said:

There is no record of rain till the flood in the bible. So no chance of rainbow

you don't need rain to have a rainbow . . . 

and all the Bible actually says is that for a period before the creation of man, there wasn't rain. 

makearainbow1.jpg

kamuela-hawaii-moonbow.jpg

iceland-waterfall.jpg

237345e43c55235eebea0b3959fac3e9.jpg

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/10/1995

10 minutes ago, post said:

you don't need rain to have a rainbow. 

makearainbow1.jpg

iceland-waterfall.jpg

So it did not rain before the flood. There was mist and light before the flood but there was no rainbow before the flood?

or did God make the preexisted rainbow as a sign for the covenant he made with Noah?

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,436
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

1 hour ago, post said:

and all the Bible actually says is that for a period before the creation of man, there wasn't rain. 

makearainbow1.jpg

iceland-waterfall.jpg

1 hour ago, Warrior of Jesus said:

So it did not rain before the flood. There was mist and light before the flood but there was no rainbow before the flood?

or did God make the preexisted rainbow as a sign for the covenant he made with Noah?

It could be that God added refraction to the properties of light......

I am just making random guesses here. You know light has a dual nature of both wave and particle. It is the wave nature of light that causes refraction and thereby rainbows. So maybe God added the wave nature of light post the flood. I repeat this is just me letting my imagination run wild

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,156
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, post said:

The Bible teaches this:

2 Pe 3:4

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
KJV

Thus the hermeneutic is formed by the Word that unless God states otherwise this applies... your assessment
or thought process violates this ... we are to renew our mind to His Word and not the world in which we have
began in :thumbsup:    Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/10/1995

1 hour ago, SIC said:

I am just making random guesses here. You know light has a dual nature of both wave and particle. It is the wave nature of light that causes refraction and thereby rainbows. So maybe God added the wave nature of light post the flood. I repeat this is just me letting my imagination run wild

I have thought the same before.

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

Thus the hermeneutic is formed by the Word that unless God states otherwise this applies...

right:
and where is it written "there was no such thing as a rainbow before this time" ? 
and where is it written "the flood was the first time it ever rained" ? 

this is all previously covered. 
things like circumcision, blood sacrifice, baptism and ritual meals all pre-existed God ordaining them as signs of a promise or a covenant. there is no need to assume that He haphazardly forever changed His own laws of physics and optics when He gave this for a sign to Noah and for the whole earth. that's pure speculation & suspect hermeneutic.

As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.
(Genesis 8:22) 

this is hard for some of you to accept, because you have human tradition and you are set in your own way of thinking, and some of you can't conceive of the thought that your own thinking may yet have issues. but these are not things that the scripture actually states: they're extrapolations and assumptions handed down from man to man and eventually accepted as gospel, though they were never stated in the Word. 
as much as we "have the mind of Christ" -- we have this by spirit, with access to Christ through the foretaste of His Spirit that He gave us. that is from without, not from within: it is at enmity with the tent that we still live in, and if we didn't need to be reminded of this and encouraged to walk & think in this way, the epistles would not contain page after page of admonition that we strive after such things, mortifying the thoughts and desires of our fleshly nature. 

1 hour ago, SIC said:

color is just as well explained by particle nature. color is related to speed - i.e. the rate at which a photon is travelling. 

if this is a property that God added to light post-flood, then before the flood, there was no such thing as color. 
but Genesis 1:30 mentions "
every green plant
therefore -- refraction of light pre-exists the flood. 

sorry 
:laugh:

1 hour ago, SIC said:

color is just as well explained by particle nature. color is related to speed - i.e. the rate at which a photon is travelling. 

if this is a property that God added to light post-flood, then before the flood, there was no such thing as color. 
but Genesis 1:30 mentions "
every green plant
therefore -- refraction of light pre-exists the flood. 

sorry 
:laugh: