• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello all!

I have a question. What do you do when God is silent? I really have no clue how to write out this thread so I figured we all could have a healthy discussion about it. It's an actual problem I'm experiencing and I believe talking will help. I only ask that people do not post links to articles on this subject. I have read article after article and they tend to only raise more questions than answer them.

Thank you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

When God is silent I do the things I already know God wants me to do, whether it pertains to the problem or not.  Sometimes He is trying me or trying my faith.  Sometimes He won't give me more light till I practice what I do know.  Sometimes He is trying to teach me something entirely different than what I think is my problem.  

It is like the Woman at the well.   Jesus starts by asking for water.  She replies, why are you talking to me, a Samaritan woman?  A good question.  Hebrew men did not speak to women, let alone Samaritan woman. He answered, If you knew who I AM, you would ask me for living water.  OK.  He wants to reveal to her that He is God in the flesh Who can give life.  So she answers that she wants some water.  Then they talk about how many husbands she had and whom she is now sleeping with-- He brings up her sin.  She is starting to understand that He is a Prophet.  She asked Jesus where they should worship--in the Temple in Jerusalem or on the mountain tops.  

Isn't that like us.  God convicts us of sin and we start worrying about where to go to church instead of really getting to know Jesus for Who He IS.  But Jesus persists in trying to lead her to eternal life through the Holy Spirit.  She guesses that He might be the Christ, the Messiah, and He confesses to being the same.

So my answer is to just keep practicing what you do know.  Be aware that sometimes God tests us or satan tempts us.  Sometimes God has answered us but it isn't the answer we were looking for.  Sometimes He wants you to seeks His face, His Kingdom and His righteousness, and to know Him more intimately through the Holy Spirit.  And sometimes the answer is to wait.  

Without more information, that is the best I can do.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,158
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

What to do when God is silent? Wait. Keep doing the things you already know according to Scripture are right while you wait. That's really all you can do. I've been waiting for 20 years or more and still have no idea what I'm waiting for. God is still silent on that. Not trying to be a downer or any of that, but that's been my experience. Sad thing is I still have no idea what the "problem" is even after all these years.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Fed up

I see it as "knowing what you know" because you have become firmly established in Gods Word,your Position of Victory & all because you have matured and have a Relationship with our Lord ,,

Not much more than what Willa & Walla have already just said ,,(that's cute Willa & Walla-lol)

Most "new" Christians go through a period of many 'feelings",they just about want to explode & shout from every rooftop because of these new,exciting & electrifying experiences,,,,,,,I think it can be compared to a child learning new things with the parents by their side or holding their hand,they feel bold & confident to "walk", just because they "feel" the hands that they have come to depend on with surety because of the RElationship they have with their mommy or daddy......when the child first learns how to ride a bike their parents put on training wheels & for the first time out they rely on the parent holding t7he bike as they pedal,,,,,before you know it,you are peddling & can "feel" the stability of the training wheels,,,,,before long the child pedals out of sight because 'he knows what he knows"

That is my experience,I used to "feel" the electrifying Presence of the Holy Spirit,I became so reliant on those "feelings" that when they stopped I almost felt I was missing or straying out of Relationship with my Jesus,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it was of course the complete opposite,it was time for me to really begin to study more & learn to 'listen",learn how to wait on the Lord and graduate to a higher level of maturity,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,God was trusting ME to believe Him at His Word and draw even CLOSER....................it is growing pains ,that is how i see it,,,,,,trust in God ,keep on talking to Him every moment & pray without seeking,He doesn't say anything when you should 'know what you know"     Glory to God!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

On 6/15/2016 at 3:05 AM, Fed Up said:

Hello all!

I have a question. What do you do when God is silent? I really have no clue how to write out this thread so I figured we all could have a healthy discussion about it. It's an actual problem I'm experiencing and I believe talking will help. I only ask that people do not post links to articles on this subject. I have read article after article and they tend to only raise more questions than answer them.

Thank you.

First realize know and believe that God is indeed "there" even though you haven't heard from him yet.  Second just keep right on praying in faith believing God will answer them.

Seek and ye shall find keep seeking Him until you find him.   Ye have not because ye ask not,  keep on asking in faith if you stop asking then you can't expect to get anything.  Sometimes our prayers can be amiss,  check to see if you are praying the will of God.  Ask forgiveness if there is any unconfessed sins in your life as confession will restore any broken fellowship there may be and bring confidence to approach God with our petitions.   Knock and it shall be opened unto you,  keep on knocking on heaven's door in faith believing and doors will be opened unto you.  

My advice is simply to keep on praying, believing in faith and looking for the answer sometimes the answers we seek don't always come in the way we expect them too.  Be careful you don't overlook your answers.  blessings

oc

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

On 15/06/2016 at 3:05 PM, Fed Up said:

Hello all!

Thank you.

God's silence is only an assumption born from our impatience and desire for quick solutions.

Commit yourself to His word and to bearing fruit through His given Spirit which speaks to us within, and which upholds us (changing from the old man to the new man) and you will find that over time, whatever situation you were in, was meant to be exactly as it was, and the process that get's you to that realisation will enable you to see that God was in fact not silent at all, but it was we who were unawares to His speaking to our conscience & soul.

Remember that old saying .. "God doesn't always give us what we want, but He will always provide us with what we need".

Blessings.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.65
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Serving said:

God's silence is only an assumption born from our impatience and desire for quick solutions.

Commit yourself to His word and to bearing fruit through His given Spirit which speaks to us within, and which upholds us (changing from the old man to the new man) and you will find that over time, whatever situation you were in, was meant to be exactly as it was, and the process that get's you to that realisation will enable you to see that God was in fact not silent at all, but it was we who were unawares to His speaking to our conscience & soul.

Remember that old saying .. "God doesn't always give us what we want, but He will always provide us with what we need".

Blessings.  

That was a beautiful response! :emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

On 6/15/2016 at 0:35 PM, Fed Up said:

Hello all!

Thank you.

I went through a pretty much the worst phase of my life earlier this year. My career dreams were shattered and I had to make a very important career decision.God was silent for may weeks. It was very hard. But the best thing we can do is keep trusting Him and keeping doing the responsibilities He has given us. Things will change for the better very soon. All the best. God bless

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hello all and thank you for the wonderful responses! This is all exactly what I needed and I feel so much better after reading it all.

First and foremost I would like everyone to know that I know God is there. I've never questioned where He has gone. He is simply just silent.

As an update on this topic - He still hasn't talked to me. That's fine though. I know there is a reason. I know I cannot make Him talk and I know I have to wait and be patient and to continue to do His will. God always Has a purpose as to what He is doing.

Now, I have another question. Even though He still isn't talking, all of my previous prayers before He went silent are being answered when I stopped asking for them.

This confuses me... I didn't stop praying period, but I stopped praying for worldly things. I thought the whole concept was to pray for things until God says, "yes," "no," or "wait". Not pray, stop praying about it, then God will give you what you want. This action of His while not talking to me is so confusing. Has anyone experienced something like that with God? This type of reaction is completely new to me.

Thank you!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

36 minutes ago, Fed Up said:

Hello all and thank you for the wonderful responses! This is all exactly what I needed and I feel so much better after reading it all.

First and foremost I would like everyone to know that I know God is there. I've never questioned where He has gone. He is simply just silent.

As an update on this topic - He still hasn't talked to me. That's fine though. I know there is a reason. I know I cannot make Him talk and I know I have to wait and be patient and to continue to do His will. God always Has a purpose as to what He is doing.

Now, I have another question. Even though He still isn't talking, all of my previous prayers before He went silent are being answered when I stopped asking for them.

This confuses me... I didn't stop praying period, but I stopped praying for worldly things. I thought the whole concept was to pray for things until God says, "yes," "no," or "wait". Not pray, stop praying about it, then God will give you what you want. This action of His while not talking to me is so confusing. Has anyone experienced something like that with God? This type of reaction is completely new to me.

Thank you!

God is training you trust Him and depend on Him completely. Keep hanging in there