• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,145
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/24/1993

On 6/15/2016 at 8:05 AM, Fed Up said:

Hello all!

I have a question. What do you do when God is silent? I really have no clue how to write out this thread so I figured we all could have a healthy discussion about it. It's an actual problem I'm experiencing and I believe talking will help. I only ask that people do not post links to articles on this subject. I have read article after article and they tend to only raise more questions than answer them.

Thank you.

Willa said it perfectly 

On 6/15/2016 at 8:53 PM, Willa said:

When God is silent I do the things I already know God wants me to do, whether it pertains to the problem or not.  Sometimes He is trying me or trying my faith.  Sometimes He won't give me more light till I practice what I do know.  Sometimes He is trying to teach me something entirely different than what I think is my problem.  

It is like the Woman at the well.   Jesus starts by asking for water.  She replies, why are you talking to me, a Samaritan woman?  A good question.  Hebrew men did not speak to women, let alone Samaritan woman. He answered, If you knew who I AM, you would ask me for living water.  OK.  He wants to reveal to her that He is God in the flesh Who can give life.  So she answers that she wants some water.  Then they talk about how many husbands she had and whom she is now sleeping with-- He brings up her sin.  She is starting to understand that He is a Prophet.  She asked Jesus where they should worship--in the Temple in Jerusalem or on the mountain tops.  

Isn't that like us.  God convicts us of sin and we start worrying about where to go to church instead of really getting to know Jesus for Who He IS.  But Jesus persists in trying to lead her to eternal life through the Holy Spirit.  She guesses that He might be the Christ, the Messiah, and He confesses to being the same.

So my answer is to just keep practicing what you do know.  Be aware that sometimes God tests us or satan tempts us.  Sometimes God has answered us but it isn't the answer we were looking for.  Sometimes He wants you to seeks His face, His Kingdom and His righteousness, and to know Him more intimately through the Holy Spirit.  And sometimes the answer is to wait.  

Without more information, that is the best I can do.

agree with all that has already been said im glad it helped you Fed up :)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

On 22/06/2016 at 10:34 AM, C_Beth said:

That was a beautiful response! :emot-heartbeat:

Thanks Beth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.65

16 minutes ago, Serving said:

Thanks Beth.

You're most welcome.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

if you turn on your radio and get static; do you assume that the radio station is off the air, or do you assume that there might be something wrong with your radio?

Heb 3:7 KJV
(7)  Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,

God is always speaking to you - but you must 'incline your ear'; what have you been asking Him about?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Heb 3:7 KJV
(7)  Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,

• 3 weeks later...

From time to time, God reminds me...PSALM 46:10 - Be still and know that I AM GOD! Even when you're back is up against the wall, that is exactly where GOD wants you! This is where Faith is being tested! He will show HIS hand once again and you will be blown away at what HE will do in your life!! I will never leave you, nor forsake you! - HEBREWS 13:5

God Bless!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I'm so, so sorry I haven't responded to you guys. I didn't get any notifications that people were still posting on this thread. I'm so sorry! Thank you all for the wonderful help. If anything, you guys have answered most of the questions I had circling in my head and I cant thank you guys enough for that!

Thank you!