• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

17 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

AND because we have within us the SAME SPIRIT,the Holy Spirit   The more we forsake of ourselves,our flesh ,the more we become like minded  having the Mind of Christ,there is nothing to disagree on when we completely submit & yield to the Power that indwells   Basically,everything I hear from Mega,I am in one accord with(& I did say BASICALLY-lol)  The trivial things are of little or no consequence 

It goes back to the same old thing,always  The enemy goes about seeking to see who he CAN devour,anyone letting their guard down & that feeble minded spirit  of pride will come along & whisper"But you're r6ight & he is wrong"   ....Half the times,the 2 debating are saying the SAME thing different ways-lol    We ARE UNITED by our Faith in the knowledge of WHO Jesus is,He is our Head,we are His Body    we must "listen" more & let the Holy Spirit move through us,listen to one another because we ARE Family,because we do love one another   Let nothing come between us,in Jesus Name                                                                              With love-in Christ,Kwik

Amen Kwik!

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Angels,,,

Honestly,I see so much "division" or unnecessary debate simply because folks don't "listen",they like talking,love to talk but have a difficult time really listening    Sometimes I try reading posts I cannot really comprehend about 4 or 5 times before responding,,,,Gotta really be patient and try to hear what someone is trying to say,it isn't always easy,the carnal mind wants to 're-act" suddenly & without much though ,,,,,,the Spirit mind says'Slow down,,,,,,ask me"                  WE have to look to Jesus,our HEAD   these are our Brothers & Sisters,Praise Jesus              Love,Kwik     

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 7/7/2016 at 11:21 AM, Davida said:

Well, if the topic is Christian Unity then it seems it is completely on Topic for the two go hand in hand so to speak.  :) When discussing Christian Unity it brings the issues of Christian groups  holding differing beliefs that are not reconcilable that divide us on the larger level.  That is not even a pity or a bad thing imo.

I do not really disagree with what you are saying, I am just concerned, that we don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I do not think that Jesus wants his church to be divided, over some doctrines, that are thoroughly  Biblical.  Just because our understanding is not as mature as some others, doesn't been that we are always the ones the who are correct.

Guest Thallasa
On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 5:05 AM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Let's ponder that a little. Jesus prayed:

“The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.

What do you suppose Jesus is talking about there? Is that just some pipe dream, that can never be true, is Jesus wasting His breath? I am inclined, at first glance, to think that this is speaking of the future, when we are glorified. However, I back off of that a bit, when I see that this is so "the world may know". Tends to make me think that some of this unity we believers are to have, which is comparable to the unity between the Father and the Son, is to be on display to the world, a witness to them, am I totally of base there?

Personally, I do not feel or think, that I am dis-unified, just because I disagree with you about reformed theology and eschatology. That is more important than if I like kethcup while you prefer mustard, but it is not cause to break union. My wife and I were one, we were in union, yet we did not agree on everything. However, we looked in the same direction, had similar goals, held the same things to be sacred and important.

I like to think, that you and I, as much as we disagree about some thing, have unity, because we both hold that loving God is most important. That loving and serving others is next. That reaching a dying world for Jesus, is a very high calling to which we are committed. 

Before I became a post-tribber, I had fellowship with my brothers in Christ, who were pre-trib like I was. When I became a postie, that did not change. Before I was a 'Calvinist', I thought Calvinists were a bit off there spiritual rockers, but they were still my brothers. As a Calvinist, they are still my brothers, as are non-Calvinists.

As long as they are part of the body, of which Christ is the head, I am in unity with them, because I am not leading, I am following the same path, the same shepherd that they are. We are united! Some, perhaps, do not feel or recognize that unity, because they cannot get past there attachment to their pet doctrines long enough to embrace that unity. Again, I say: "Pity"

Good post ,thankyou . I feel that as we face a greater and more powerful enemy every day ,we need to be wary of being unecessarily divided . Does not mean agreeing on everything ,but neither does it mean being insulting or niotpicking .This is especially  true for the young and new christians who become confused when they see christians behaving like argumentative non christians  .  In fact it is becoming more and more crucial every day .

I think we need to imagine what we would do, if tomorrow if we were  asked to deny Jesus on a world scale  . Would we care then about certain détails , or would we be supporting each other ? 

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Unity is in The Heart of God and His Word proclaims a perfect unity...we who all are in different stages of
understanding need not let go of what God has given us in understanding to allow unity among us but
to hold to that which we know and work to help others see .... because of this reasoning:

Eph 4:5-13

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
KJV

and no one will be there till we leave this life... keep striving for the unity that is in His Word because God
is keeping that forever... and it's substance is s/Spirit

Ro 8:4-5

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
KJV

Love, Steven

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Unity is a huge subject. Volumes could be written on this subject.

Can you imagine what the apostles thought when JESUS told them to preach the Gospel to ALL NATIONS!

They had grown up and learned many prejudices. They say some Jews were so strict that they would not walk on Samaritan soil. There was hatred between the Romans and the Jews. Jewish law said that they were not allowed to enter a Gentiles home. The mindset of Jewish people was that they were GOD'S CHOSEN people. And in spite of all this JESUS told them to preach to ALL NATIONS. To EVERY CREATURE!  They must have been shocked by this command!

When Peter had to cross cultural and racial lines he had a major vision and angels were involved. God knew the difficulty for people to be free from all the division and racism.

Peter went to Cornelius and preached JESUS only because God did a major miracle so he would really know that this was God's Will ! And then later on Peter would not sit with the Gentiles when his Jewish comrades were around because he feared what they would think!   ACTS 10: 28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Then when Peter went back to Jerusalem the apostles they confronted him because Peter had actually broken Jewish law. Peter explained to them the miracle that took place and explained God sent him there.

Acts 11:1-3 And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God.

And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him,

Saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them.

Unity is a tough long process. Even when we know it is required by God it takes much time to get rooted in our hearts.

I believe the challenge today is denominational prejudices that divide the body of Christ. There still are race and cultural issues but many denominations teach against even entering other denominations churches.

God has called Pastors and teachers to different denominations and He has anointed them. Because of media and communication being so invasive every denomination seems to be invading each others territory.

The bible shows a clear distinction between the Jewish church and the Gentile church. The were different and had different Pastors etc. to teach and bring them to maturity.

When Paul was going to Jerusalem he told Timothy that he needed to be circumcised  to be accepted. Yet Paul taught that circumcision meant nothing. This shows a deep respect from Paul towards churches were he was not called to Pastor. Paul knew that God had Pastors and leaders that he would use to take this church on their journey.

When men from the Jewish church crossed these lines it caused a huge debate and it was clear that these men were not called to teach the Gentile church. Later on when the same happened Paul went as far as saying it was another gospel. A false gospel, even though it was from Christians.

We must respect other ministries and know our calling.

SO, A BIG PART OF UNITY IS TO "NOT TEACHING WHERE WE ARE NOT CALLED." THIS IS PROBABLY THE BIGGEST CAUSE OF DIVISION IN THE CHURCH! 

Edited by Randy DeCarlo

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi angel4u,

I believe that there is the unity of the spirit, which we are all set in by the Holy Spirit, when set in the Body, (1 Cor. 12: 18) & this is what we are to keep. (Eph. 4: 3) That has to do with our attitude, becoming like Christ -

`...lead a life worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness & gentleness, with long-suffering, bearing with one another in love.` (Eph. 4: 1 - 3)

Then there is the unity of the faith. This is also a work of the Holy Spirit that is `guiding us into all truth,` (John 16: 13), `till we come to the unity of the faith & the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.` (Eph. 4: 13)

Both unity of the spirit & unity of the faith are a work of the Holy Spirit. One we already are in, (unity of the Spirit) & the other, (unity of the faith) the Holy Spirit is progressively guiding us into. It should not be strange that we are in disagreement, especially on our eschatology, as this is the last great truth to be clarified before the Body of Christ comes to maturity - a perfect man. `...that we should no longer be children, tossed to & fro & carried about with every wind of doctrine, ...` (Eph. 4: 14)

Marilyn.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

I feel 1 Cor 1:10 is very relevent with regards to your initial post, OP. We don't have Paul, Peter, and Apollos with us on Earth today, but we have many different teachers and factions in the christian faith called denominations that are divisive and dissent from one another to either form their own church, join one to their liking or to form their own. 

I follow this teacher; I follow this church; I'm part of this denomination. 1 Cor 1:10 really speaks to me with regards to this.

Edited by BlueMinou

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  494
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/28/2016 at 5:51 PM, Davida said:

Respectfully folks, I'm really a bit puzzled ....why are people so overly focused & concerned about lack of Unity in the Church? I seem to be missing something ... where does this concern come from?   Are your Churches congregation divided?  Does your Church fight with other Churches in your Cities?   Why this somewhat hand wringing emphasis -  Is someone writing articles about this non-existent problem?( In my community anyway,  we don't have this problem. )   What issues of disagreement are people seeing as causing a divide?  I'm not aware of any denominations telling people not to go into other Churches....Could this "problem"  be just a localized issue?

You are blessed if you have a community in which you see no division.  In many places gathering with others across lines is looked at with harsh criticism.  There is great fear of the one world church and anti christ.  It is interesting that we are so afraid of anti christ that we can not be as Christ wants us to be.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

unity is achieved when all believe exactly the same thing while all are working towards the exact same goal.

otherwise.....