• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

1. The brain is the physical organ that regulates the individual through the nervous system. Thoughts affect the activity of the brain as electrical impulses.

I understand what you are saying but I am only absolutely certain about your first point.

When we leave our body at death I assume we can think and reason and are self aware. 

After all God is a spirit and so are Angels and Demons and they can think and talk. 

If our spiritual mind and physical mind are connected it is subject to the physical mind because brain damage affects the ability to think and talk. 

Other then that I would not have a clue really. We can examine the human body and see how it works, but the spirit and or soul cannot be dissected and is a great mustery I think. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

1. The brain is the physical organ that regulates the individual through the nervous system. Thoughts affect the activity of the brain as electrical impulses.

2. The soul is the individual (the person) himself, and is also referred to as *the heart* in Scripture.  The body is simply the *tabernacle* (residence) of the soul. The soul is also where the old sin nature resides.

3. The mind also resides within the soul, and also where thoughts reside and are generated. The mind is static whereas thoughts are dynamic and follow the laws of energy.

4. The spirit also resides within the soul and communicates with God, Christ and the Holy Spirit. It is the spirit that comprehends the things of the Spirit.

When the Holy Spirit comes to indwell a Christian, He renews and regenerates the heart, mind, soul, and spirit, and also empowers the believer to do God's will.  Thus Christians have the spirit of power, and love, and of a sound mind. The sin nature cannot dominate the believer.

That is why Scripture says that if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature.  Old things are passed away.  Behold all things are become new.  This is a supernatural conversion, and is clearly demonstrated in the conversion of Saul the Pharisee to Paul the apostle of Christ.                        by Ezra

:thumbsup:    refreshing Brother,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,on point,in Christ,,,,,AMEN!                                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  11/16/1960

I am a born again, blood bought, daughter of the King. I also have bi-polar disorder. God is looking for people like me, among others, to work through. He chose humble fishermen, tax collectors,prostitutes, etc. His strength is made manifest in our weakness. He used little David to slay big Goliath.  The Bible is full of us quirky misfits and square pegs who God used and is still using today. There are days when I am so depressed that I just want to stay in bed all day. Somehow, God gives me enough strength to get to my Bible, get lost in His embrace and be fed. Then I know there is a God who is bigger than my mental illness and a power in prayer that is greater than any circumstance. I can find contentment in MY prison.(just like Paul)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

On 6/17/2016 at 0:52 AM, post said:

me too. everyone has mental issues. serious ones. 
let me explain: 

we can broadly divide mankind into two categories, those who have received Christ and those who haven't. 

first, those who have not believed. 

the Bible has a lot of things to say about their minds; here's just a few:

For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools
(Romans 1:21-22)

So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, and they are full of greed.
(Ephesians 4:17-19)

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see 
the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

(2 Corinthians 4:4) 

The LORD knows the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.
(Psalm 94:11) 

To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, 
nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted.

(Titus 1:15)

here's the scriptural picture of the mental state of all mankind under the influence of the spirit of this age, by the god of this age:

• their minds and consciences are corrupted.
  • their thinking is futile and vain.
  • they are blinded.
  • their hearts are hardened.
  • they are ignorant & have lost all sensitivity.
  • they think they are wise, but are foolish.

folks, that is unhealthy. that is mental issues. people have serious, serious problems in their minds and their way of thinking -- they are all "nuts" in a way that goes far beyond just mild personality quirks. that's how the Bible describes us: all of us.

second, we who have believed. 

when we heard and believed the gospel of Jesus Christ, we were sealed with the Holy Spirit, and that Spirit began on ongoing work in us. first of all, that "belief" is an activity of our mind. that "hearing" involved understanding, a thing that happened in our mind. we can't 'receive' a gospel that we do not comprehend: Christianity is an intellectual belief, not an emotional one. the Bible calls the heart 'deceitfully wicked above all things' but we as having believed - in some of those same verses above - are encouraged not to walk after the same way of thinking that we formerly were in. 

yes, we formerly were in. if we have believed and received the Holy Ghost, then all of us were at one time just as ignorant, corrupted, futile and vain in our thinking. wecould not receive God because we could not have any knowledge of Him until He revealed it to us: our belief and our faith in Him are gifts from God, His calling in us, who set us apart before the beginning of the world, predestining us to become an inheritance for the Son, a love-gift to Him who bought our redemption with His blood.
we could not seek God because we could not know Him, because our minds, too, were seriously ill. 

we were every bit as mentally ill as everyone else in the whole world. 
we commonly talk about this as a 'spiritual problem' but see, the Bible talks about this as a mental problem as well: the spirit is not disconnected from the rest of the man! and all of us by the time we are adults have spent tens of thousands of hours being indoctrinated by the spirit of the age into a corrupt way of thinking, building up in us a mentally unstable, irrational and vain state of mind. 
we have come to know a Great Physician, praise God!!! -- but if this redemption meant our minds were automatically and forever completely healed, then would the scriptures include so much encouragement and teaching that we should be careful not to continue in these corrupt, mentally-ill ways of thinking? if we were already fully "sane" as it were, would it be necessary for the Spirit to say to us this? 

Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God. 
(Romans 12:2)

i'm told that the verb tense here for "renewed" indicates an ongoing process. it is not a one-time deal. we still have the residual effects of the corrupt, vain, mentally unstable, irrational mind-sickness in us that we all were redeemed out of. that is why we need to always be 'mindful' to no longer be pressed into the mold of the spirit of the age, and have our minds instead daily renewed, regenerated, and built up in the truth. 
that is the only way we can "discern" the will of God -- and look, again, "discernment" is a thing that goes on in our minds, not in our hearts. it is a cerebral process, not an emotional one! 

we have the mind of Christ, it is true, amen! (1 Corinthians 2:16) -- but this is not saying that we all think as Christ does. no, "
His thoughts are higher than our thoughts" is still true. 
we have the mind of Christ, but we have this through the Spirit that dwells within us, through which God has begun a work of transformation and renewal that is as yet unfinished (Romans 8:23, etc) but will be one day complete, when He returns and reconciles all things. 
meanwhile -- we have two laws within us, and we are of two minds: the old way of thinking, which is corrupt and altogether mentally ill, and the new mind that is of God through His spirit given to us by Jesus Christ. these are at war with each other within our hearts and minds: we are schizo, with two radically different ways of thinking opposing each other inside our heads. the scriptures teach us that we should be clinging to one and despising the other; this is the work of God within us, the renewal that goes on each day -- the "therapy" of our Great Physician, our Great Psychologist. 

but we are by no means out of "therapy" yet -- none of you have "arrived." 

you're mentally ill, still. i am, you are -- all of us are. 
we are far better off, having begun the process of recovery, and we have a sure hope that it will be complete, but if anyone thinks they do not have a problem... 

well you know what they say "
admitting you have a problem is half the battle:laugh:

Did you write this? Lol.

But seriously, did you write all this?

Spirit lives in short term memory.

Spirit knows what it knows right now.

Spirit lives now.

The body through the brain stores electrical signals in capacitors, which allow us to access stored interactions with the world. Or It gives us a long term memory.

Slowly the brains electrical capacity weakens and wears out, no longer storing the potential energy stored in the capacitors. We lose our long term memory.

But do to the corruption and the release of the signals at random times, all the signals are bouncing around in your head which throws off coordination.

But yet The Spirit is still in there, healthy as ever, being restrained by a failing avatar.

As a Spirit we will only think of what's in front of us, our God, our Savior, our King, You wont even worry about this stuff down here, you will know its all under control and just worship Our Creator.

Then when you receive your NEW body, your past that was forgotten as a Spirit, will never be remembered forever!! 

You will basically will be reincarnated into a new body, whatever that entails, that looks like you, and continue mission.

POST, what you post is true.

I have thought much about your post I quoted, I boiled it down to being a mirror.

Hence "Just a Mirror."

We all are mirrors, we become what we perceive, practice makes perfect, even perfectly corrupted, our mirror becomes etched with the etchings of sin.

Slowly, when people look at us, we reflect back what we have experienced, good or bad, we are seen as our behavior, in that moment.

We see ourselves in ways in which we do not behave.

Then we hear The Word, and accept it, and Live in the Light, and He begins to heal the etchings of Sin which corrupt our thoughts.

The renewing of our minds.

The process of healing depends on how much you live in the Spirit. Walk in the Light, doing Gods Will, and how much you live in the world, caring about worldly things.

The more you Live in the Light the quicker you are healed, the faster your mind is renewed.

The more you live in the darkness, worring about the cares of this world, the longer it will take.

Especially after you are saved, you must be even more careful with what you let yourself perceive.

But rest assured the work He started in you will finished at your death.

Your bodily death completes your renewing instantly.

Soo, as believers we need to become as children, and let The Holy Spirit Teach us the Right way, and listen to His Word within us.

We must, as a mirror, reflect our God in all things. 

Any troubles we may have, are do to "the old ways", etchings of sin, clouding our reflection. 

Its constant work to overcome the flesh, every thought must be brought before God.

The more time we spend in The Light, the more we will reflect Him who shines.

"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?"

It was not a magic mirror, she was speaking to herself, to her ego.

What do you reflect?

Love you guys, peace.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

15 hours ago, Just a Mirror said:

Spirit lives in short term memory.

Spirit knows what it knows right now.

Spirit lives now.

The body through the brain stores electrical signals in capacitors, which allow us to access stored interactions with the world. Or It gives us a long term memory.

Slowly the brains electrical capacity weakens and wears out, no longer storing the potential energy stored in the capacitors. We lose our long term memory.

But do to the corruption and the release of the signals at random times, all the signals are bouncing around in your head which throws off coordination.

But yet The Spirit is still in there, healthy as ever, being restrained by a failing avatar.

As a Spirit we will only think of what's in front of us, our God, our Savior, our King, You wont even worry about this stuff down here, you will know its all under control and just worship Our Creator.

Then when you receive your NEW body, your past that was forgotten as a Spirit, will never be remembered forever!! 

You will basically will be reincarnated into a new body, whatever that entails, that looks like you, and continue mission.

POST, what you post is true.

I have thought much about your post I quoted, I boiled it down to being a mirror.

Hence "Just a Mirror."

We all are mirrors, we become what we perceive, practice makes perfect, even perfectly corrupted, our mirror becomes etched with the etchings of sin.

Slowly, when people look at us, we reflect back what we have experienced, good or bad, we are seen as our behavior, in that moment.

We see ourselves in ways in which we do not behave.

Then we hear The Word, and accept it, and Live in the Light, and He begins to heal the etchings of Sin which corrupt our thoughts.

The renewing of our minds.

The process of healing depends on how much you live in the Spirit. Walk in the Light, doing Gods Will, and how much you live in the world, caring about worldly things.

The more you Live in the Light the quicker you are healed, the faster your mind is renewed.

The more you live in the darkness, worring about the cares of this world, the longer it will take.

Especially after you are saved, you must be even more careful with what you let yourself perceive.

But rest assured the work He started in you will finished at your death.

Your bodily death completes your renewing instantly.

Soo, as believers we need to become as children, and let The Holy Spirit Teach us the Right way, and listen to His Word within us.

We must, as a mirror, reflect our God in all things. 

Any troubles we may have, are do to "the old ways", etchings of sin, clouding our reflection. 

Its constant work to overcome the flesh, every thought must be brought before God.

The more time we spend in The Light, the more we will reflect Him who shines.

"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?"

It was not a magic mirror, she was speaking to herself, to her ego.

What do you reflect?

Love you guys, peace.

did you write all this? LOL
but seriously, did you write it? 

:laugh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

I can find contentment in MY prison.(just like Paul)                                                              encouragedontjudge

Paul was imprisoned(in a real prison,not mental enslavement or bondage) he explained that although he was in prison that he was still content & Filled with the Joy of the Lord because He was FREE,free in Christ Jesus,,,,,,Jesus commands us,these are not suggestions

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.    Phil 4:6

6Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, so that in due time He may exalt you. 7Cast allyour anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. 8Be sober-minded and alert. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.…                                                                        1 Peter 5:7

29Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burdenis light.”                                                                                                                    Matt 11:29-30

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome,

It is up to us......He paid the Ultimate price for our FREEDOM & the Position of Victory we ,as Christians,stand upon               With love-in Christ<kwik

2 hours ago, post said:

did you write all this? LOL
but seriously, did you write it? 

:laugh:

I enjoy your posts, they're really good, I dont see people write like that very often, I had to ask. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

1 hour ago, Just a Mirror said:

I enjoy your posts, they're really good, I dont see people write like that very often, I had to ask. :)

thanks, that's very kind!

i wasn't sure  how to take you earlier, lol - before i read what you wrote

((oh & yes, i did write it - but i don't think it's that good. i believe the Spirit moved me to relate the message that's more or less in there, but not that He inspired my words or anything))

Edited by post

1 hour ago, post said:

thanks, that's very kind!

i wasn't sure  how to take you earlier, lol - before i read what you wrote

((oh & yes, i did write it - but i don't think it's that good. i believe the Spirit moved me to relate the message that's more or less in there, but not that He inspired my words or anything))

Exactly.