IGNORED

What the world and America doesn't need anywmore.

HAZARD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

What America doesn't need, in fact what the entire world doesn't need anymore is, ear-ticklin', back-scratchin', penny-pinchin', nickel-nippin', soft-soap, compromising, pink-tea and lemonade type sissy preachers.

What America and the entire world desperately needs now is, old-fashioned, Bible-believin', people-lovin', barn-stormin', window-rattlin', shingle-pullin', God-minded, Hell-fire and damnation, separated, soul-winning, preachers who aren't afraid to preach  the truth!!! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 6/18/2016 at 9:29 PM, HAZARD said:

What America doesn't need, in fact what the entire world doesn't need anymore is, ear-ticklin', back-scratchin', penny-pinchin', nickel-nippin', soft-soap, compromising, pink-tea and lemonade type sissy preachers.

What America and the entire world desperately needs now is, old-fashioned, Bible-believin', people-lovin', barn-stormin', window-rattlin', shingle-pullin', God-minded, Hell-fire and damnation, separated, soul-winning, preachers who aren't afraid to preach  the truth!!! :thumbsup:

Amen! You have some choice phraseology there.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

lol~!

AMEN~!

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

I had a friend who said he was an atheist.  Then he read "The great late planet earth" and became a fundamentalist christian out of fear.  When he came here he tried to make us fearful as well, even though we were Christians (yes I know some here don't believe that).  Then as time went on, there was less fear and now he is back to being an atheist, or so he says.  Perhaps he would rather there be nothing, rather than the God of Johnathon Edwards.

However people need to know how important our lives are and that if we choose 'sin' we become spiritual monsters for eternity, separated from what we made for, union with God in Christ Jesus. 

Peace

Mark

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/21/1945

On another Christian site that I used to spend time on. I argued against the "love wins" movement, but maybe if the phrase is qualified by saying "grounded Love wins" it might be more on target. Love should be grounded in temperance, prudence, justice as fairness, and fortitude. These four are the elements of what C. S. Lewis called the natural law. Ungrounded love becomes corrupted into merely pampering and creates an unreal perspective of reality. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I came to God because the Holy Spirit convicted me of sin which no man knew about and no-one was preaching to me.  I was alone with God.  I received His forgiveness upon the sole knowledge that He would do so because Jesus loves me.  Grace.

Men have never convicted me of sin and I find screaming preachers a big turn off.  I turn off the TV or radio or walk out.  To me they are offensive.  Our pastor says he never speaks of hell when witnessing to unbelievers until they have rejected the Gospel (good news).  Hell is not the Gospel.  But he feels obligated to tell those who reject Christ that hell does await them.  

This was Stephen's charge:  Act 7:51 WEB  “You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, you always resist the Holy Spirit! As your fathers did, so you do.  Act 7:52  Which of the prophets didn’t your fathers persecute? They killed those who foretold the coming of the Righteous One, of whom you have now become betrayers and murderers.  Act 7:53  You received the law as it was ordained by angels, and didn’t keep it!”

We are told to go into all the world and preach the Gospel.  

Remember that judgement begins with the house of God.  First we need to examine ourselves.

Isa 58:6 WEB “Isn’t this the fast that I have chosen: to release the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke?  Isa 58:7  Isn’t it to distribute your bread to the hungry, and that you bring the poor who are cast out to your house? When you see the naked, that you cover him; and that you not hide yourself from your own flesh?  Isa 58:8  Then your light will break out as the morning, and your healing will appear quickly; then your righteousness shall go before you; and Yahweh’s glory will be your rear guard.  Isa 58:9  Then you will call, and Yahweh will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say, ‘Here I am.’ “If you take away from among you the yoke, finger pointing, and speaking wickedly;  Isa 58:10  and if you pour out your soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul: then your light will rise in darkness, and your obscurity will be as the noonday;  Isa 58:11  and Yahweh will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in dry places, and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters don’t fail.

Perhaps hellfire should be preached to the wayward churches that preach the prosperity gospel or preach no gospel at all; those that are cults, that do not believe in the resurrection or a hell need to hear what happens to those who corrupt God's Word and preach lies.  

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

8 hours ago, Yowm said:

WE NEED MORE PREACHERS  LIKE HER...

nocompromise.jpg

My favorite Margaret Thatcher quote "Being powerful is like being a lady, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't" 

Edited by Flsnookman

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,197
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:29 PM, HAZARD said:

Hi Hazard,

I`m with Willa on this - obeying the Holy Spirit in our lives. building relationships as Jesus did, & when the Holy Spirit guides us to share of the Lord then it is in His timing & not ours. He is Head of the Body & He is building & maturing His Body. Too often we get confused with trying to change & fix the world system, when it is about individual people that we are to be concerned with. When the world is over the precipice then people will cry out to God, as is done in all the wars. Remember the saying that  - there are no atheists in fox holes. Well....through out God`s judgments untold millions will turn to Him. (Rev. 7, the great multitude.)

Blessings, bro. Marilyn.

Guest Robert

At this point in history, I think the best thing to do is just preach the Gospel: don't sugar coat it, don't batter anyone with extra hellfire, just tell them the truth and let them make up their own minds on it. I think we try too hard one way or the other to convince them at times, and that can backfire.

Whoever is going to complain, let them complain; whoever rolls their eyes, let them do so. What they make of the Gospel message does not belong to us, but they will not be able to say they were not told.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/15/1941

On 6/18/2016 at 10:29 PM, HAZARD said:

I agree. Preachers today just don't want to offend anyone, they loose people, they loose money.