• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,767
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

On 6/24/2016 at 3:03 PM, bopeep1909 said:

I see two different Gog and Magog. One in Ezekiel 38-39 and one in Revelation 20-7. Two different events.

Yes, I see the same thing and Ezekiel 38-39 seems to give a reference to a "dual" fulfillment of prophecy.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward

On 6/22/2016 at 0:49 PM, tigger398 said:

Why is time short and is this peace treaty the antichrist treaty.

The time is short in relativity to understanding Israel on the world stage and the season when Jesus said, When you see the FIG tree bear forth "leaves" -- notice he didn't say FRUIT, so we see the LEAVES alive and well with the nation of Israel on the world stage once again.

In Islam, you can't have a so-called peace treaty within the framework of Islam -- for example, how do you have before Gog / Magog a period of "peace" where Israel has neither wall or gate.  You can drive throughout Israel and see a wall ... and Israel is certainly not living in "peace".  So how does this happen?

I believe the ONLY way you can have PEACE with Islam is by DESTROYING ISLAM.  So the antichrist is called a "Man of Peace" and yet He is known as someone who brings war killing 1/3 of mankind.  How can you be BOTH?  Well, if you made WAR with Islam -- that's 1/3 of mankind -- and by warring against Islam -- you'd be eliminating the real reason peace is not present in most of the world!  Does that make sense?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

On 6/24/2016 at 1:40 PM, angels4u said:

We have to wait first for the Temple to be build~~~and that might start very soon~~

That won't take long to build and I believe the blue prints are in order.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

That means rapture will come before that right ??

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,111
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

1 hour ago, George said:

Actually, this is correct -- and I believe this is when the Messiah returns to establish His Kingdom on earth for 1000 years.

However, this doesn't negate the fact the "abomination of desolation" isn't to be established first.  It may not necessarily be a "Temple" that starts the abomination as many suppose, but merely an ALTAR is necessary.  However, I do believe they will "rebuild" a temple because of the phraseology used by Paul in 2 Thes. 2.  In this particular passage, he does say the "temple of God" however the word "theos" does not always represent the One True God.  For example, the same word "theos" is used in 2 Cor. when Paul says, the "god" of this world hath blinded them lest they should believe."

Paul used the word naos -- sanctuary or holy place. Jesus used the phrase topo hagio -- literally, holy place. Neither used the term heiron, temple. (Even though the conversation Jesus had with his disciples in Matthew 24 began with the question of the heiron being thrown down.)

Daniel, in Daniel 9:17, spoke of "your miqdash/holy place/sanctuary that is desolate" -- indicating that the place was still holy, even when desolate.

David said, after he had just offered sacrifice on the threshing floor of Ornan, before any structure other than an altar existed there, "This is the house of the LORD God..."  1 Chron. 22:1

When the King of the North "plant the tents of his pavilion...at the glorious holy mountain" (Dan. 11:45), no mention is made of any Temple; yet the Great Tribulation follows right after in 12:1, "a time of trouble such as never was..." Likewise, Daniel 12:11 mentions no blood sacrifice being taken away when speaking of the "abomination of desolation being set up." 

Therefore in sum, I see no clear biblical evidence at all for there being any need for even an altar present in order for the Abomination of Desolation to be fulfilled. All that will be needed is for the Son of Perdition to "sit as a god in the Holy Place of God, exhibiting himself that he is a god." That Holy Place of God is a spot either on the Temple Mount or just south of it above the old City of David, now being continually excavated. It needs no structure nor altar to become the holy Place, because it never ceased being the Holy Place.

• Steward

7 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

Paul used the word naos -- sanctuary or holy place. Jesus used the phrase topo hagio -- literally, holy place. Neither used the term heiron, temple. (Even though the conversation Jesus had with his disciples in Matthew 24 began with the question of the heiron being thrown down.)

Very true -- and why I wasn't saying the Temple "needed to be rebuilt" so to speak.  However, an altar seems to be necessary based on the wording in Daniel 9:27.

Dan 9:27  And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator."

I realize there are some that say that Yeshua (Jesus) was the sacrifice that was the end of the sacrifices that stopped 3 1/2 years into his ministry as He was the FINAL sacrifice.  It's a possibility.  However, I do believe that WHATEVER God does, Satan will COUNTERFEIT it.  So based on that reasoning, I do believe there will be a "false" Temple even constructed by the Jews.  This is an understanding from the orthodox Jewish community.

According to the Rambam, the Jewish people must build the Third Temple any way they can, at any time they can accomplish the task. In the Laws of Kings, the Rambam states that the Messiah, an earthly, Jewish king, will build the Third Temple. And, in fact, he states that the only conclusive proof of the identity of the Messiah is that he will be the one to build the Temple.

God bless,

George

1 hour ago, George said:

The interesting thing about Psalm 83 is Islam is buried within the context, as most people never understand.  In Psalm 83, it says deal with them as Gideon dealt with the Midianites.  If you study the passage of Judges 8, it speaks of taking the "crescent" ornaments around the heads of the Midianiites -- or in other words the CRESCENT MOONS -- the symbol of Islam.  So I think it could very well have significant relevance to the last days.

I hold that history never repeats itself in detail. And all of the very details of Psalms 74, 79, 80, 83, and 89:18, 38f. were fulfilled during the days of their authorship.

2 minutes ago, George said:

an altar seems to be necessary based on the wording in Daniel 9:27.

Dan 9:27  And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator."

I believe this prophecy was fulfilled in very detail within 66-73 AD. As I have explicated in the recent long discussion with Marcus on the pinned Pre-Wrath topic.

Realistically, in modern Israel, what are the chances of blood-sacrifice being restored? Only a minuscule fraction of Israelis, I believe, would support such a thing, and vastly more would oppose it.

• Steward

3 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Realistically, in modern Israel, what are the chances of blood-sacrifice being restored? Only a minuscule fraction of Israelis, I believe, would support such a thing, and vastly more would oppose it.

Lamb slaughtered at Passover re-enactment in Jerusalem

http://worthy.info/3E

40 minutes ago, George said:

(Worthy News) - At a model Passover sacrifice ceremony on the Mount of Olives attended by approximately 400 people...

He added, “We came here to say we are preparing for when the day will come, when they will flatten the Temple Mount, clean everything out, build the Temple, offer the Passover sacrifice, and all the Jewish people will come up in their droves for the pilgrimage ..."

Lots of space between 400 people and "all the Jewish people," don't you think? 

A similar ceremony during the 2015 Fall Feasts, a water-pouring ceremony, with water from the Pool of Siloam I believe, drew a similar crowd last fall, most of them curious touristas. Lots of show, but minuscule support by the very secular Israeli people.

Whereas, in contrast, compare the recently celebrated largest world gay pride festival in Tel Aviv, which was welcomed and supported by the Israeli government, including conservative Prime Minister Netanyahu.

So, based upon the current world and Israeli situation, I don't have the slightest expectation that either the Israelis or worldwide Jewry will suddenly WANT to have anything to do with ANY restoration of blood sacrifice on the Temple Mount. Whereas, in contrast, I do see events in Syria and throughout the Middle East seemingly progressing rapidly to a Daniel 11:40ff. King of the North invasion of the Middle East, including an apparently peaceful military occupation of Israel. Quickly followed by "a time of trouble such as never was..." -- the Great Tribulation.

Let's see how things stand by the 9th of Ab...