Running Gator

No baseball fans here?

34 posts in this topic

Baltimore Orioles fan. Been hooked ever since I took in my first game at Camden Yards. Granted that was only last year, but still it counts.

I am a fan of the Toronto Blue Jays, something it isn't pleasant to be right now with them having a 2 and 10 record to start the 2017 season.  Injuries aren't helping them -- their closer, Roberto Osuna, started the season on the 15-day disabled list.  Two of their starters -- Sanchez and Happ -- have injuries.  And their MVP third basement, Josh Donaldson,  aggravated his calf injury.  It's a tough way to start a season, especially when they have been in the play-offs the last two years and everybody is expecting them to get there again.

I have followed the Blue Jays since their very first game which they played in a snowstorm -- so happy they are in a stadium with a retractable roof now. 

Would anybody care to make a few predictions about who will end up in the World Series this year?  Will the Indians get there again (they have ex-Blue Jay Edwin Encarnacion who is a hitting machine on their team this year)?  Will the Cubbies be able to go for a repeat or have they dealt too many good players away (like Dexter Fowler -- boy!  Would I ever have liked to see him in a Blue Jay uniform as the team needs another outfielder).  Will somebody who hasn't been in the play-offs for a while surprise us all? 

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 6:54 PM, daughterofGrace said:

I am a fan of the Toronto Blue Jays, something it isn't pleasant to be right now with them having a 2 and 10 record to start the 2017 season.  Injuries aren't helping them -- their closer, Roberto Osuna, started the season on the 15-day disabled list.  Two of their starters -- Sanchez and Happ -- have injuries.  And their MVP third basement, Josh Donaldson,  aggravated his calf injury.  It's a tough way to start a season, especially when they have been in the play-offs the last two years and everybody is expecting them to get there again.

I have followed the Blue Jays since their very first game which they played in a snowstorm -- so happy they are in a stadium with a retractable roof now. 

Would anybody care to make a few predictions about who will end up in the World Series this year?  Will the Indians get there again (they have ex-Blue Jay Edwin Encarnacion who is a hitting machine on their team this year)?  Will the Cubbies be able to go for a repeat or have they dealt too many good players away (like Dexter Fowler -- boy!  Would I ever have liked to see him in a Blue Jay uniform as the team needs another outfielder).  Will somebody who hasn't been in the play-offs for a while surprise us all? 

the jays are definately hurting atm but i expect they will pick up steam as the season goes on.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:56 PM, Ghostdog said:

the jays are definately hurting atm but i expect they will pick up steam as the season goes on.

Thanks for the response, ghostdog.  They actually won another game just last night.  That makes only three for the season.  But it's a start, eh?

In the meantime, I'm watching the hockey play-offs, rooting for all the Canadian teams.  I don't watch hockey during the season because I get sick of all the fighting.  But in the play-offs, they put that nonsense behind them.  In a seven-game series, nobody can afford to give the other team a lot of chances to score goals on a power play.  So they set aside the fights and just play hockey -- as they should!