Running Gator

No baseball fans here?

40 posts in this topic

Baltimore Orioles fan. Been hooked ever since I took in my first game at Camden Yards. Granted that was only last year, but still it counts.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a fan of the Toronto Blue Jays, something it isn't pleasant to be right now with them having a 2 and 10 record to start the 2017 season.  Injuries aren't helping them -- their closer, Roberto Osuna, started the season on the 15-day disabled list.  Two of their starters -- Sanchez and Happ -- have injuries.  And their MVP third basement, Josh Donaldson,  aggravated his calf injury.  It's a tough way to start a season, especially when they have been in the play-offs the last two years and everybody is expecting them to get there again.

I have followed the Blue Jays since their very first game which they played in a snowstorm -- so happy they are in a stadium with a retractable roof now. 

Would anybody care to make a few predictions about who will end up in the World Series this year?  Will the Indians get there again (they have ex-Blue Jay Edwin Encarnacion who is a hitting machine on their team this year)?  Will the Cubbies be able to go for a repeat or have they dealt too many good players away (like Dexter Fowler -- boy!  Would I ever have liked to see him in a Blue Jay uniform as the team needs another outfielder).  Will somebody who hasn't been in the play-offs for a while surprise us all? 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 6:54 PM, daughterofGrace said:

I am a fan of the Toronto Blue Jays, something it isn't pleasant to be right now with them having a 2 and 10 record to start the 2017 season.  Injuries aren't helping them -- their closer, Roberto Osuna, started the season on the 15-day disabled list.  Two of their starters -- Sanchez and Happ -- have injuries.  And their MVP third basement, Josh Donaldson,  aggravated his calf injury.  It's a tough way to start a season, especially when they have been in the play-offs the last two years and everybody is expecting them to get there again.

I have followed the Blue Jays since their very first game which they played in a snowstorm -- so happy they are in a stadium with a retractable roof now. 

Would anybody care to make a few predictions about who will end up in the World Series this year?  Will the Indians get there again (they have ex-Blue Jay Edwin Encarnacion who is a hitting machine on their team this year)?  Will the Cubbies be able to go for a repeat or have they dealt too many good players away (like Dexter Fowler -- boy!  Would I ever have liked to see him in a Blue Jay uniform as the team needs another outfielder).  Will somebody who hasn't been in the play-offs for a while surprise us all? 

 

the jays are definately hurting atm but i expect they will pick up steam as the season goes on.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:56 PM, Ghostdog said:

 

the jays are definately hurting atm but i expect they will pick up steam as the season goes on.

Thanks for the response, ghostdog.  They actually won another game just last night.  That makes only three for the season.  But it's a start, eh?

In the meantime, I'm watching the hockey play-offs, rooting for all the Canadian teams.  I don't watch hockey during the season because I get sick of all the fighting.  But in the play-offs, they put that nonsense behind them.  In a seven-game series, nobody can afford to give the other team a lot of chances to score goals on a power play.  So they set aside the fights and just play hockey -- as they should!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I root for the LA Dodgers. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I root for the St. Louis Cardinals.  Nearly everyone else around me are Cubs fans.  eek!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 5:48 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I root for the St. Louis Cardinals.  Nearly everyone else around me are Cubs fans.  eek!!!

You must be thrilled that the Cardinals snatched Dexter Fowler from the Cubs.  He's a pretty good ballplayer.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, daughterofGrace said:

You must be thrilled that the Cardinals snatched Dexter Fowler from the Cubs.  He's a pretty good ballplayer.

Yes I was.  He's starting off slowly, but I think the Cardinals fans will be quite happy with him over the years.  I'm pleased the Cardinals kept Jose Martinez on the Major League roster and optioned Grichuk to single A.  Pham and Martinez deserve their chance while Grichuk needs to regroup.  Living in Indiana, I only get to see games played against the Cubs, Reds, and nationally broadcast.

I've gotten to the point that baseball is the only sport I follow.  I'm fed up with disrespectful football and basketball players, I lost interest in golf when I stopped playing, and the only soccer I play is with my Pomeranian.  She's really good.  I haven't bowled in decades due to arthritis (it never affected my golf), but I will restart shooting pool again once I refurbish my table.  I shoot guns (handguns and rifles) but I'm too slow and inaccurate for competition anymore.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atlanta Braves fan, for better or worse. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Butero said:

Atlanta Braves fan, for better or worse. 

Does Ted Turner still own a part of the Atlanta Braves?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites