• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Here's my take - From my own Biblical Perspective

Genesis 1:1 Is a Preface or Summary -The Story of the "Beginning" of the Physical World.
Genesis 1:2  Narrates us the condition of the deep (dark - void) before the world was.
Genesis 1:3 Documents us the bringing forth of the Light before anything is made that was made; before the world was.
Genesis 1:4 The division / separation of Light Day from Darkness - the first work of old.
Genesis 1:5 The evening & the morning, the first day.

Notice: The heaven and the earth were still formless and void on the first day? The first formation of the PHYSICAL heaven only took place on the 2nd day (Gen. 1:6-8) not Gen 1:1

Here's  how I read Genesis 1:1-2 - A Preface or Introduction

The Almighty God Father first Created (thru power of his logos) the materials or matters needed in order for his Son (Jesus) to physically form/fashion with his own hands our heavens and earth.

In the context of the text, I see the narrative as saying: Insertions are mine for presentation.

In the beginning God Created the heaven (Air) and the Earth (Ground). And the Earth (Ground) was without form, (Dust) and void (Empty); and darkness was upon the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The 3 things necessary for all physical form are shown.. Air, Dust, and Water.Everything which is physical is composed of these 3 things. The text is correct in showing that the water was not directly created, or spoken into being, because it consists of elements of the Air or Atmosphere. Water is Hydrogen and Oxygen and came from the Atmosphere and is not shown as a separate creation.

God bless

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Seve said:

The 3 things necessary for all physical form are shown.. Air, Dust, and Water.Everything which is physical is composed of these 3 things. The text is correct in showing that the water was not directly created, or spoken into being, because it consists of elements of the Air or Atmosphere. Water is Hydrogen and Oxygen and came from the Atmosphere and is not shown as a separate creation.

God bless

Genesis 1:1 is the preface, the synopsis of the creation account.  Gen. 1:2 to the end of the chapter is the expansion/explanation of Gen. 1:1.    That means that Gen. 1:1 would include water.   Day one is vv. 2-3 meaning, that on day one it was not just light and dark that God created.   He created the heavens, earth and light on that day.  The earth began as a formless, empty watery mass. Out of that watery mass, God created the earth and vegetation on day three.   The text does not have to say, "and God created water"  for us to understand that water was directly created by Him. 

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Genesis 1:1 is the preface, the synopsis of the creation account.  Gen. 1:2 to the end of the chapter is the expansion/explanation of Gen. 1:1.    That means that Gen. 1:1 would include water.   Day one is vv. 2-3 meaning, that on day one it was not just light and dark that God created.   He created the heavens, earth and light on that day.  The earth began as a formless, empty watery mass. Out of that watery mass, God created the earth and vegetation on day three.   The text does not have to say, "and God created water"  for us to understand that water was directly created by Him. 

The Light in Gen 1:3 was NOT created.  YHWH or Jesus, the Son, came forth (begotten) from the invisible realm of his Father into our Physical World when God spoke the "Word" and said, "Let there be light; and there was light" .

The brightness of the glory of the Lord provided the light in the Beginning  (Alpha) as he will also be the one to provide the light of heaven in the End (Omega) Rev 21:23.  

There could not have not anything made that was made without the True LIght of Heaven in the beginning. John 1:3-4. 

Edited by Seve

Guest shiloh357
14 minutes ago, Seve said:

The Light in Gen 1:3 was NOT created.  YHWH or Jesus, the Son, came forth (begotten) from the invisible realm of his Father into our Physical World when God spoke the "Word" and said, "Let there be light; and there was light" .

The brightness of the glory of the Lord provided the light in the Beginning  (Alpha) as he will also be the one to provide the light of heaven in the End (Omega) Rev 21:23.  

There could not have not anything made that was made without the True LIght of Heaven in the beginning. John 1:3-4. 

The light was created.  And God separated it from the darkness in with 2 parts of one day.  It was a 24 hour period of light and darkness.

16 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The light was created.  And God separated it from the darkness in with 2 parts of one day.  It was a 24 hour period of light and darkness.

Not so... I disagree with your view. Sorry

The light was separated from Darkness (death) but it does NOT mean that it was Created! Simply because, in him - the True Light of Heaven - was life (Gen 1:4).

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Seve said:

Not so... I disagree with your view. Sorry

The light was separated from Darkness (death) but it does NOT mean that it was Created! Simply because, in him - the True Light of Heaven - was life (Gen 1:4).

How do you know that the light that existed was the light that in Him?  If God was there and the light came from within Him, then why say, "let their be light?"  The light would have already been there?

16 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

How do you know that the light that existed was the light that in Him?  If God was there and the light came from within Him, then why say, "let their be light?"  The light would have already been there?

During the time Jesus was praying to his Father at the garden of Gethsemane before his death in crucifixion , He speaks of the following.....

And now, O Father, glorify thou Me with Thine Own Self with the Glory which I had with Thee BEFORE the world was." John 17:5 

Glory is brightness, a physical trait. Jesus was speaking of the brightness of his Glory that he shared to his Father, when God said.."LET THERE BE LIGHT"....(Gen. 1:3). Before the world was could only be Before 1st Day. 

If one believes that In the Beginning God Formed the 1st Heaven BEFORE the 1st Day, then the Words of Jesus would seem to be in error.

If one believes that the 1st Firmament or Heaven was formed on the 2nd Day (Gen.1:6), then it would agree with Jesus, and would show that Jesus came into the World Before the 1st Heaven was formed....... BEFORE THE WORLD WAS!

Edited by Seve

Guest shiloh357
8 minutes ago, Seve said:

During the time Jesus was praying to his Father at the garden of Gethsemane before his death in crucifixion , He speaks of the following.....

And now, O Father, glorify thou Me with Thine Own Self with the Glory which I had with Thee BEFORE the world was." John 17:5 

Glory is brightness, a physical trait. Jesus was speaking of the brightness of his Glory that he shared to his Father, when God said.."LET THERE BE LIGHT"....(Gen. 1:3). Before the world was could only be Before 1st Day. 

If one believes that In the Beginning God Formed the 1st Heaven BEFORE the 1st Day, then the Words of Jesus would seem to be in error.

If one believes that the 1st Firmament or Heaven was formed on the 2nd Day (Gen.1:6), then it would agree with Jesus, and would show that Jesus came into the World Before the 1st Heaven was formed....... BEFORE THE WORLD WAS!

So why is it not the case that God created light external to Himself?   Why is that unacceptable?

9 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

So why is it not the case that God created light external to Himself?   Why is that unacceptable?

YHWH was with his Invisible Almighty God Father BEFORE the Making of our Physical World. He came forth (begotten), the first time, into our physical world, from the invisible realm of his Father, when God said in the Beginning, “LET THERE BE LIGHT”, and there was light. (Gen. 1:3).

The Son became the only God physically formed or ever shall be physically formed for us to see and witness. He is the great I AM" (YHWH) of the Old Testament who became known as Jesus Christ in the New Testament.

Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I*am*he: before me there was no God formedneither shall there be after me.

The brightness of glory of the Son provided the True Light of heaven in the beginning (ALPHA) before the world was (Gen. 1:3).... as he will also be the one to provide thelight of heaven in the end (OMEGA). Rev. 21:23

John 1:3 All things were MADE by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Note: The Almighty God Father is an invisible Spirit without physical shape or form and changes not.