• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

The Surprise Visits of God
I must expect occasional surprise visits from God. Jesus made a surprise visit once to the Jews of the Temple when He dropped in and "looked round about upon all things" (Mark 11:11, KJV). That was a surprise visit of inspection. I should expect many such visits in my lifetime. A surprise visit from God is a time of special, unique awareness of His presence. It may be for simple fellowship, to correct a wrong tendency within, to commend a right tendency, or to convey a message. 

The Bible is full of God's surprise visits. He sought out Abraham to reveal to him the coming destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 18:1). Jesus suddenly appeared to the two disciples going to Emmaus and convinced them of His resurrection (Luke 24). He appeared to Zechariah, Mary, Paul, Ananias, and others. Outside the Bible, God has appeared to many, including Charles Finney, whose doubts He challenged, and A. J. Gordon, whose ministry He challenged. 

I cannot read Christ's letters to the seven churches of Asia Minor (Revelation 2-3) without feeling that He was their constant Visitor. He repeats the phrase "I know... I will come" throughout. This reveals a Jesus who is personally aware of His people at all times. 

To be visited by God, that is, to be made more acutely aware of His presence, adds to the excitement of being His disciple. To be visited means my life is enriched, invigorated, and refreshed. It means another strand in the rope that binds me closer to God. The visit may occur anywhere - in the solitude of my study, in a worship service, or walking a busy street. It catches me by surprise, may last a moment or hours, and leaves me one notch nearer heaven. In times like these I seem to hear Him say, "Thou shalt be called Hephzibah... for the Lord delighteth in thee" (Isaiah 62:4, KJV). 

"And it came about that while they were conversing and discussing Jesus Himself approached, and began traveling with them" (Luke 24:15).

http://www.newjourneyfellowship.com/dwtk06JUNE.html

When was your last visit from Jesus? 

How do you experience Him in your daily life?

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

I am very aware of His presence when thinking about Him on Worthy.  Occasionally at church I am acutely aware of His presence.  On one such occasion I was so overwhelmed with His love for me I had to share it with the first person I saw.  We aren't supposed to keep such blessings for ourselves, but are to let them overflow to all.

Joh 7:38  Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, 'Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'"  39  Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Angels,,,,,,

Many times I had the "urge" to testify of such things but yet I have not yet been prompted by the Holy Spirit,therefore I remain "still","silent" & wait on the Lord,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I've had dreams,perhaps visions,not sure if I was asleep or awake,in the body or out of the body,,,,,,,,I've smelled the sweet aroma of Gardenia's fill the room ,as if a field of flowers were put there by Heavenly Angels before His Glorious Presence,,,,,,it is just not time to share,,,,

All I will say is,yes,,,,He abides "in us" & to add even more to that He does "visit",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the Mysteries of God that I cannot even comprehend ,our Redeemer Lives,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,                              To God be the Glory                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I have a visit from Jesus with every breath that I take and with every step that I take. He is always with me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,145
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/24/1993

i agree Bopeep i feel the same i feel His presence more during hard times but when even the good times i know im being tested in my faith He walks with us wherever we may be 

33 minutes ago, RobertS said:

We don't have "visits" from Jesus; our house is His home and he's welcome here 24/7 :)

3 hours ago, Willa said:

I am very aware of His presence when thinking about Him on Worthy.  Occasionally at church I am acutely aware of His presence.  On one such occasion I was so overwhelmed with His love for me I had to share it with the first person I saw.  We aren't supposed to keep such blessings for ourselves, but are to let them overflow to all.

Joh 7:38  Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, 'Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'"  39  Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Oh Willa,I am so aware of Jesus present here in Worthy too, I enjoy Worthy so much,it's such an awesome thing to have  fellowship with Gods people from all over the world,He's just so amazing and so good~~all the time, people around us might be cranky or grumpy but we can still keep our joy in Him the finisher of our faith!:emot-heartbeat:

We're in the world but not of the world and I grow farther and farther away from this world., our home is up younder~~~ where the sun is shining:)  

I'm looking forward to spend an eternity with all of you ,we're going to have a splendid time~~~~forever!!!!

J

6 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Angels,,,,,,

Many times I had the "urge" to testify of such things but yet I have not yet been prompted by the Holy Spirit,therefore I remain "still","silent" & wait on the Lord,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I've had dreams,perhaps visions,not sure if I was asleep or awake,in the body or out of the body,,,,,,,,I've smelled the sweet aroma of Gardenia's fill the room ,as if a field of flowers were put there by Heavenly Angels before His Glorious Presence,,,,,,it is just not time to share,,,,

All I will say is,yes,,,,He abides "in us" & to add even more to that He does "visit",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the Mysteries of God that I cannot even comprehend ,our Redeemer Lives,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,                              To God be the Glory                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

Blessing to you Kwik, please share if you feel led too!~ God is so good to us and His name is to be praised!

I love to hear the wonderful stories of the reality of Gods present in our life~~

Tell me about the sweet smell,aren't all Christians a sweet aroma as onto the Lord

2 Cor. 2:15 For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.

5 hours ago, RobertS said:

We don't have "visits" from Jesus; our house is His home and he's welcome here 24/7 :)

Amen,do we welcome Him in all the rooms?:emot-heartbeat:

Col.3:3

For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. :)   Amen!

5 hours ago, CaringBrit said:

i agree Bopeep i feel the same i feel His presence more during hard times but when even the good times i know im being tested in my faith He walks with us wherever we may be 

Hi Brit ,God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Ps 46:1  :emot-heartbeat: