• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Attacking the Citadel's Strong Part
It is true that Satan attacks us at our weakest point. But it is even more true that he attacks us at our strongest point. How did he cause Peter to fall? By striking him where the disciple thought he was strong - his ability to command leadership, to do the heroic, to be a "star." "I will lay down my life for You" (John 13:37). But as with Samson, his strength was his weakness, and Satan knew it. Peter not only had depths of which he was unaware, there were also heights; and it was on the heights that Satan caught him. 

Have I not felt the same thing? In the place where I felt strong and bulwarked, Satan tripped me up. Where I felt secure, he stripped me naked. 

I think of Job. Satan trapped him in his integrity, his strongest spiritual asset. Perhaps Job thought too highly of his integrity, perhaps it became his pride; and where pride entered, he developed a blind spot. 

I think of Jesus. It was in His very sonship that Satan tried to dislodge Him. "If [since] You are the Son of God, command that these stones" (Matthew 4:3). Satan knew Jesus was God's Son; acting on the knowledge, he tried to shrewdly twist Jesus' strongest element into something devious. He attached the strongest part of the citadel. 

I must not think of Satan as only a wily serpent who sneaks around nibbling at my exposed weak parts. I must see him as a frontal foe who hammers hard at my very strengths. That means I must be careful to let my strengths simply be my strengths, but never my boasts. I am assured that because Christ is in me, I can be just as frontal with Satan as he is with me: "Resist the devil and he will flee from you" (James 4:7). Then my strengths can remain my strengths through the victorious One. 

"You will tread upon the lion and cobra, the young lion and the serpent you will trample down" (Psalm 91:13).

newjourneyfellowship.com

Do we know our weaknesses and strengths and where the enemy can try to attack us?

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,134
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Angels,,,

The way I see it is to be mindful of your "words",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the enemy knows us by what we speak with our mouth,our words,,,,only God knows the heart & minds of men,satan can only inject thoughts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so as they say"be careful what you speak",,,,,

Peter sort of boasted ,didn't he,,,,,,,,,,,,"Not me Lord,I will die f or you",,,,,hmmm?And Job,,,,well,we all know the story of job & that is the point,,,,

The accuser hears everything & that is what he will always use against you in an attempt to make you eat your words! And usually,yes,,,,we can easily think that we have our strong points but our true Strength comes from the Lord,not ourselves     Praise Jesus

One day I may tell you a little story,a testimony about "words we speak"...............................

With love-in Christ,Kwik

6 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Angels,,,

The way I see it is to be mindful of your "words",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the enemy knows us by what we speak with our mouth,our words,,,,only God knows the heart & minds of men,satan can only inject thoughts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so as they say"be careful what you speak",,,,,

Peter sort of boasted ,didn't he,,,,,,,,,,,,"Not me Lord,I will die f or you",,,,,hmmm?And Job,,,,well,we all know the story of job & that is the point,,,,

The accuser hears everything & that is what he will always use against you in an attempt to make you eat your words! And usually,yes,,,,we can easily think that we have our strong points but our true Strength comes from the Lord,not ourselves     Praise Jesus

One day I may tell you a little story,a testimony about "words we speak"...............................

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Amen, love to hear your story~~~~~   :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,436
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

On 6/24/2016 at 8:01 PM, angels4u said:

s hard at my very strengths. That means I must be careful to let my strengths simply be my strengths, but never my boasts. I am assured that because Christ is in me, I can be just as frontal with Satan as he is with me: "Resist the devil and he will flee from you" (James 4:7). Then my strengths can remain my strengths through the victorious One. 

"You will tread upon the lion and cobra, the young lion and the serpent you will trample down" (Psalm 91:13).

newjourneyfellowship.com

Do we know our weaknesses and strengths and where the enemy can try to attack us?

I agree that he attacks our strengths first. Likewise he attacks us particularly when we are just about to have a spiritual breakthrough...

1 minute ago, SIC said:

I agree that he attacks our strengths first. Likewise he attacks us particularly when we are just about to have a spiritual breakthrough...

so true,we always have to be so aware of his schemes

2 Cor.2:11

in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.

45 minutes ago, angels4u said:

so true,we always have to be so aware of his schemes

2 Cor.2:11

in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.

The being aware of his schemes part is a little tricky though 

26 minutes ago, SIC said:

The being aware of his schemes part is a little tricky though 

That part can indeed be very tricky , so often our( or should I say my ) mouth can get us so quick into trouble :(

2 hours ago, angels4u said:

That part can indeed be very tricky , so often our( or should I say my ) mouth can get us so quick into trouble :(

You can our. Mine gets me into trouble often too

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

11 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

The way I see it is to be mindful of your "words"

Correct. By our words we are justified and by our words we are condemned.  Words are expressed thoughts, so it all begins with thought.  As a man thinketh in his heart so he is. Therefore the weapon against Satan is *every word of God* (Mt 4:4).  When our thoughts are conformed to Scripture, Satan is resisted by the power of the Holy Spirit.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It is easily seen in The Scriptures as God 'IS' The Only One to whom satan cannot contend... this is why we are to answer him thus in rebuke

Our rulers
2 Pe 2:9-11
9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
KJV

even against satan himself
Jude 9
9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
KJV

Love, Steven