IGNORED

Swarm of 6 small earthquakes hits Yellowstone Lake, 23 miles from Old Faithful Geyser, Wyoming

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Not a good place to have earthquakes.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

Angels, there are many quakes in that area. A swarm like this isnt unusual. The magnitude is so small anyway. 

Check out this map. The options allow you to see different time frames and magnitudes. You can move around and look at different locations. 

Link to quake map

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

When we were there last summer I talked to one of the geologists there and he said that it was thought that the quakes would have to be around 4.0s before they would be concerned about them.  The lake bed does rise and fall,, but if it starts to rise a lot it will cause larger quakes.  If gasoline stays low we may take the Winnebago there this fall and stay a couple of weeks.

Only thing the person did say that might be a bit worrisome is that we really don't know what happens just before a mega volcano blows...

Anyway,  if we were there when it goes, we'll just get to heaven a little before many of the rest of you.

13 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Angels, there are many quakes in that area. A swarm like this isnt unusual. The magnitude is so small anyway. 

Check out this map. The options allow you to see different time frames and magnitudes. You can move around and look at different locations. 

Link to quake map

Thanks Jade, I am concerned for people living in that area~~~

6 hours ago, other one said:

When we were there last summer I talked to one of the geologists there and he said that it was thought that the quakes would have to be around 4.0s before they would be concerned about them.  The lake bed does rise and fall,, but if it starts to rise a lot it will cause larger quakes.  If gasoline stays low we may take the Winnebago there this fall and stay a couple of weeks.

Only thing the person did say that might be a bit worrisome is that we really don't know what happens just before a mega volcano blows...

Anyway,  if we were there when it goes, we'll just get to heaven a little before many of the rest of you.

This  world is just so uncertain that we have to put our trust in God~~~

The earth is groaning and so are we~~~

Personally I'm not groaning....  we all know that the world is going to go to hell in that proverbial hand basket, but I refuse to let it ruin what time we have left...  when it comes, it comes but until then, I am going to enjoy myself....   I don't think the Lord wants us to be depressed about the future.  we help who we can and put out a positive attitude when we can and help others th hopefully enjoy what we have been given....   I am also going to fight the devil tooth and toenail till I can't fight him any longer and then continue to pray as we've been doing for years.

Most of my family and friends are real dedicated Christians so we really don't grieve too hard as they transition to be with the Lord.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

I don't think the Lord wants us to be depressed about the future.  we help who we can and put out a positive attitude when we can and help others th hopefully enjoy what we have been given....   I am also going to fight the devil tooth and toenail till I can't fight him any longer and then continue to pray as we've been doing for years.                                                                                         posted by other one

Amen! Absolutely,,,,,,,Personally I don't put much thought into these things,I certainly would not want to live in an area that has constant tremors,then I would probably be thinking about it much more      I live in South Florida,we have many Tropical Storms & there is always "Hurricaine Season" to look forward to ,I suppose you get used to anything if you live in an area where it is a common occurrence Difference to me is that you have a pretty fair amount of time to "Get out of Dodge" with hurricaines,not with volcanoes & earthquakes,I don't know how people in those areas can ever become complacent or feel safe?  

I do pray for everyone in those ;places,I pray that God will keep them out of harm's way,,,,,,,,,Too unpredictable,I don't like surprises,,,,,,,,,everywhere you go there is some kind of threat,Tornadoes,tidal waves,blizzards etc,,,,if it's not one thing it is another,just Trust God,,,,,,,can't live in fear 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

Kwik, you guys have sinkholes. Those scare me. 

I always said I wanted to experience an earthquake....  we'll several years ago we had a 5.6 and it lasted for nearly a minute.  I really thought our house was going to fall down.,  I think I have had my one.....  at least you can almost always see a tornado coning.