• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I cant believe yellowstone is doing this! we just about had them extinct, and now theyre bringing them back. Theres a reason we shot them all....they are dangerous, and literally destroy the local habitat. Another example of why liberals shouldnt be in charge.

After a 93 year hiatus, the elusive Jackalope has returned to the greater Yellowstone ecosystem! These beautiful, yet frightening, creatures were once widely collected by tourists, but better management practices have allowed a re-introduced pack to thrive again. These guys have been sporadically spotted all around the west, including Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, and New Mexico. Idaho allowed a “shoot on sight” policy for jackalopes, so they have not been seen there in quite a while.

Closely resembling a the jackrabbit, the jackalope is actually a member of the hare and the antelope family. With an average height of two feet, this a formidable predator in our ecosystem. They may even compete with our largest grizzlies and wolves for meals.

Click here for full story

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Last time we went to Big Bend I thought I really saw one of those things... turned out to just be a huge Jackrabbit that something had damaged its ears. Still had fun playing it out with the family..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  533
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,391
  • Content Per Day:  4.99
  • Days Won:  206
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Does hunting season start on April 1st ????