IGNORED

If you don't work you shouldn't eat? 2 Thess. 3:10

GoldenEagle

Guest Thallasa
20 hours ago, Ezra said:

That is not the intent of this thread at all. It simply reinforces the necessity of work for all able-bodied people (Christian or not).  Many do not understand that God gave man a decree to work because not only does it provide for one's own needs, but it also provides for helping others. 

At the same time it is therapeutic in that it maintains one's health, and also creative, in that it gives every worker an opportunity to do things a little bit better.

It is instructive to see that even while Paul was preaching the Gospel and teaching the Word, he worked day and night to support himself and not be beholden to anyone.  Paul says "Do as I do".

l am more disgusted  than ever, as out of all that I wrote , you chose this phrase, and to made it look as though I said the opposite  of what I really did say .  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, Thallasa said:

l am more disgusted  than ever, as out of all that I wrote , you chose this phrase, and to made it look as though I said the opposite  of what I really did say .  

I'm sure you realize now that the term "disgusted" was a poor choice of words.  But there you go, using it again.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings,,,,,,

I think what is really important is that every Christian Understand that "God is our Provider",,,,,,,,period! Earlier I quoted Deuteronomy 8:18,Jehovah Jireh!...Being on a fixed income(below poverty level),,,,,,do I ever "lack",no because that is merely a resource,God is my Source.....when I worked I always knew my job was just the resource,God is the Source,,,,,,,How many times did the Lord say"If my people would humble themselves & call on ME"

Christians do & will "struggle" but very easily can open doors to the spirits of doubt,despair,depression etc,,,,,,these are the times when our Strength should be Renewed in Christ,our HOPE,look to our Source for Direction & Guidance,Wisdom,Understanding,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,He Will & ALWAYS does PROVIDE,,,,,,,these are the times we call out &  look to our Heavenly Father & give Him Glory,we are His Living Testimonies

Personally,I've been on both sides of the fence,,,,,in extreme dire straits & in excessive wealth,& I do mean financial wealth & financial poverty,God never failed me,He put the most amazing ,wonderful people in my life and most times it was never who I thought would help,,,,,but you see,I never relied on people,jobs,gov't etc.....I learned a lot by falling on my face and experiencing what poverty is,it helped me to grow   There are many people who look for handouts,that is between them & God,all we have to do is Trust Him & be obedient,take the opportunity to give then what we Received Freely,Mercy,Love,Grace,Compassion      It's not always about money,I've let some folks take a shower,give em a meal,info on jobs or housing,,,many don't want that but we can still give them a Bible & a burger,it doesn't take much to say"I love you because Jesus does"                             Love<kwik

Guest Thallasa
1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings,,,,,,

I think what is really important is that every Christian Understand that "God is our Provider",,,,,,,,period! Earlier I quoted Deuteronomy 8:18,Jehovah Jireh!...Being on a fixed income(below poverty level),,,,,,do I ever "lack",no because that is merely a resource,God is my Source.....when I worked I always knew my job was just the resource,God is the Source,,,,,,,How many times did the Lord say"If my people would humble themselves & call on ME"

Christians do & will "struggle" but very easily can open doors to the spirits of doubt,despair,depression etc,,,,,,these are the times when our Strength should be Renewed in Christ,our HOPE,look to our Source for Direction & Guidance,Wisdom,Understanding,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,He Will & ALWAYS does PROVIDE,,,,,,,these are the times we call out &  look to our Heavenly Father & give Him Glory,we are His Living Testimonies

Personally,I've been on both sides of the fence,,,,,in extreme dire straits & in excessive wealth,& I do mean financial wealth & financial poverty,God never failed me,He put the most amazing ,wonderful people in my life and most times it was never who I thought would help,,,,,but you see,I never relied on people,jobs,gov't etc.....I learned a lot by falling on my face and experiencing what poverty is,it helped me to grow   There are many people who look for handouts,that is between them & God,all we have to do is Trust Him & be obedient,take the opportunity to give then what we Received Freely,Mercy,Love,Grace,Compassion      It's not always about money,I've let some folks take a shower,give em a meal,info on jobs or housing,,,many don't want that but we can still give them a Bible & a burger,it doesn't take much to say"I love you because Jesus does"                             Love<kwik

I will just agree, as you have said all that needs saying .  However I would not say "I love you because Jesus does " in that situation , as it seems that we are being compassionate, just because we should be and that is charity  , not love .

Sometimes people need to be loved not for any reason but Love itself .

Guest Thallasa
20 hours ago, Ezra said:

I'm sure you realize now that the term "disgusted" was a poor choice of words.  But there you go, using it again.

So no culpability on your part , no sense of having wronged .  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

I will just agree, as you have said all that needs saying .  However I would not say "I love you because Jesus does " in that situation , as it seems that we are being compassionate, just because we should be and that is charity  , not love .

Sometimes people need to be loved not for any reason but Love itself .                                                          posted by Thallasa

Blessings Thallasa,

One of the "birthmarks" of being Born of God or "Born Again" is indeed "Compassion" and true compassion is LOVE   We have a new nature & that nature comes from having Gods DNA,His Seed ........ Jesus abides in us and "love" comes effortlessly,not because we "should"    It should come naturally

Why are we charitable,because we love

Why are we kind,because we love

Why are we patient,because we love

Why are we kind,because we love'

Why are we compassionate,because we love 

Why do we do or say any of the things we do? Because we "love"     We love because we have the Heart & Mind of Jesus     

With love-in Christ,Kwik

PS  I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have said those Words to a complete stranger & they simply broke down & cried and we would end up talking for hours    Because of charity without"love"? No,not at all.........because of the Holy Spirit that convicted their hearts by the Love of Christ

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

On 6/25/2016 at 10:36 PM, GoldenEagle said:

Hiya Gary! :thumbsup:  Long time no talk brother.

This was so encouraging! Praise God for people willing to love you where you were at and allow the Holy Spirit to work in your life. It really shows the true example of what following Christ is all about and following Jesus command to love people. 

John 13:34-35

34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. 35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Would love to catch up via private message sometime to hear how God is is working in your life. 

God bless,

Jon/GE

Hi Jon!

I am growing and learning.  The sewing and reaping principle is very imporrant.  I have learned a lot by the example of my own life and watching the lives of others. Getting involved with the lost, especially those who name the name but still lost, is an excellent resource for seeing these type of things in action. 

Paul says those who wouldn't work shouldn't eat and I believe Paul always spoke from a position of love.  He said this because it would hurt the person who ate without contributing.  Love your enemies we are told.  If I bestow all my goods to feed the poor and have not love then I have hurt the very ones I am feeding.

I aent a man out on the streets with no place to go the other day because letting him stay longer would only have caused him more suffering.  He refused to follow directions and insisted on me jumping everytime he had a thought to do something.  Enabling him more would have destroyed him.  I worked with him for over a month trying to show him his powerlessness over sin in his flesh amd his need for Christ but no matter how much sin moved him to do evil he could not see his dilemma. 

Today I am better understanding why Abraham would not take the land for free.  Nor David sacrifice something to God that cost him nothing.  And why it is inevitable for the end to come and men be lovers of their own selves, proud, boastful amd blasphemous.

Jon, it begins with me.  I have to learn to trade selfishness, dishonesty, impurity and hate into selflessness, honesty, purity and love.  Today I have been watching out for resentmemt, fear, dishonesty and selfishness so that when they crop up I can ask God to remove them immediately.  I practice confessing them to others when they happen and continue in prayer and meditation to improve my relationship with God through Christ.  I slacked and backslid pretty badly when my wife left and my brother Jim forsook me.  They were anchors for me.  God bless them both richly.  

Fight the good fight of faith, Jon.  I am slowly learning how to direct men to reverse horrible things in their lives and it is exciting.  I have been used of God to restore a daughter to a father.  And there is another man who was 15 when he fathered a child that hasn't seen her since she was 9 months old that God is preparing to restore.  I am winning his confidence slowly.  God showed me that she was going to contact him so I sought to prepare him.  He did not believe me.  She did contact him and since he did not believe me and prepare it went badly but it isn't over.  I gave him some work to do that will show God his repentant heart and God will reopen that door.  I pray he chooses too follow instruction.

I am merely a babe in Christ.  Hardly one worthy of attending Corinthian assemblies.  Thank you for being a friend who cares.

Love Gary