• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Now for something completely different, can different ideas be true?

Okay, this video is about ideas concerning the flat earth theory, but . . . I think there is another thing touched upon in it, that is interesting to ponder. Don't get bogged down it the things that the video is trying to inform you of (unless you really want to), but instead, skip ahead to 8 minutes and 36 seconds nto the video.
Consider what the narrator is trying to get accoss about how we know things, and how things can be seen from different perspectives, and different things can seem true from those perspectives, and perhaps, not really be as certain as we think they are.
When you grasp the concept, if you grasp the concept, keep it in mind, next time you engage in or read debates on topics like pre-trib/post-trib eschatology, or Calvinism/Arminianism sotierology, etc.
Above all, don't go crazy being to serious, relax and enjoy our differences.
I am going to set the video here, to play from 8 minutes, 36 seconds forward, if you want to watch the whole thing, you will have to use the video player's slider, to start the video at the beginning.

Fair warning: If you feel tempted to make a discussion/debate of this, especially the topic of the shape of the earth addressed in the video if you watch it from the beginning,, you may find yourself banned from participation in this thread, and your posts deleted. The thread (regardless of the topic that the video author intended) is about how it might be possible, for competing ideas to be true, as long as they are not directly contradictory to each other.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well, I can't post them because of the lengths, but Dr. Michael His er has a lot to say about flat earth.  If you get inside his thoughts as someone who has a doctorate in Hebrew, he least one to the point that the common cosmology of the time was flat earth so the writer of Genesis uses that terminology to describe the earth....    not that it really is fkat, but the wording patterns and verbiage tends to say that if taken literally.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

12 hours ago, other one said:

Well, I can't post them because of the lengths, but Dr. Michael His er has a lot to say about flat earth.

The thread though, in spite of the video subject, is specifially NOT about the shape of the earth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

That is kind of my point also...I didn't elaborate due to the one finger typing tablet situation that I am presently in.

When we discuss things between us all and don't take into consideration the differences in our backgrounds and uses of words we can often come to slightly different conclusions.  I have seen situations here where two people really believe the same thing but argue over how to say it....

I guess I am saying that yes two people's ideas can be true but expressed in different ways.  However in a 10 base numbering system, 1 +2 is always 3 in our dimension. 

I would also say that in my opinion and way of life, in most instances, being friends is more important than being right.