Last Daze

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

I came to this site a couple of years ago now for the purpose of engaging in reasoned discussions concerning end time prophecy.  Many thanks to the owner of this site for facilitating and allowing those discussions.  I have benefited from them a great deal.  While there isn't, and probably never will be, a consensus on the subject I've identified what I consider to be the "weightier aspect" of prophecy which is being prepared.  Others I see as important but this one I see as necessary.  Its my final topic, at least for the foreseeable future, because I'm going to focus my efforts on disseminating the following cover letter and pdf to other believers.  I wanted to share it with those who helped me in it first.

Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Please allow me to share something with you that is especially relevant to the season we find ourselves in.  Its not something new but rather something fundamental to our faith; something that we need to stay focused on amid all of distractions that surround us.

The world has been pursuing a specific agenda for decades now.  It has been doing so under the guidance of the domain of darkness for the purpose of setting the stage for the man of sin.  Its an agenda that spreads lies and opposes truth; exalts evil and despises godliness.  Its hostile toward God and those who seek to live godly lives.

We are seeing today the fruit of this agenda as corporations, learning institutions, the media, and even some churches have converged with the ways of the world and promote immorality.  One of the characteristics that Jesus gave concerning the days before His return was that deception would be prevalent.  That’s true of today and something we need to guard against if we are to continue being the salt and light of the world.

Its understandable that those of the world would embrace the lies being promoted by their father.  There's really nothing left for those who reject the truth but lies.  However, as believers we are called to be separate from the world and to reject its ways.  It would be prudent for us to regularly take stock of our spiritual lives to make sure that we aren't growing fond of the things of this world.  This is especially true as we see the day of our Lord's return drawing near.

In addition to deception, there are other signs that Jesus gives us to look for that also indicate the nearness of His return.  I've attached a pamphlet that goes over some of those.  It's my prayer that the body of Christ would be prepared and alert for His return as He instructs us to be.  If there is ever a time that we need to discern between the things of God and the things of this world, its now.  If there is ever a time to use that discernment and be separate from the world, its now.

May we walk in the Spirit as we set our affections on things above and fix our eyes on our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  For then we will fare well in the days ahead and until His return.  Thank you for your time.  Maranatha.

If anyone wishes to redistribute this in any way, feel free.  If anyone would like the Word (.doc) document that the pdf is created from in order to edit it to their liking, you can download it here, or message me.  Be prepared, and help others be too!

readyornot.pdf

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,181
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Last Daze,

Have appreciated your comments & attitude Last Daze. Pray all goes well for you as you share your faith & hope you can pop in again from time to time. Bless you bro, & I fully agree, as you said - 

May we walk in the Spirit as we set our affections on things above and fix our eyes on our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  For then we will fare well in the days ahead and until His return.  Thank you for your time.  Maranatha.

Marilyn.

13 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Last Daze,

Have appreciated your comments & attitude Last Daze. Pray all goes well for you as you share your faith & hope you can pop in again from time to time. Bless you bro, & I fully agree, as you said - 

Marilyn.

Thanks Marilyn.  I'll still be around, just a bit less.

Have appreciated your contributions to the discussions as well.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

On 27/06/2016 at 2:26 AM, Last Daze said:

I came to this site a couple of years ago now for the purpose of engaging in reasoned discussions concerning end time prophecy.  Many thanks to the owner of this site for facilitating and allowing those discussions.  I have benefited from them a great deal.  While there isn't, and probably never will be, a consensus on the subject I've identified what I consider to be the "weightier aspect" of prophecy which is being prepared.  Others I see as important but this one I see as necessary.  Its my final topic, at least for the foreseeable future, because I'm going to focus my efforts on disseminating the following cover letter and pdf to other believers.  I wanted to share it with those who helped me in it first.

Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Please allow me to share something with you that is especially relevant to the season we find ourselves in.  Its not something new but rather something fundamental to our faith; something that we need to stay focused on amid all of distractions that surround us.

The world has been pursuing a specific agenda for decades now.  It has been doing so under the guidance of the domain of darkness for the purpose of setting the stage for the man of sin.  Its an agenda that spreads lies and opposes truth; exalts evil and despises godliness.  Its hostile toward God and those who seek to live godly lives.

We are seeing today the fruit of this agenda as corporations, learning institutions, the media, and even some churches have converged with the ways of the world and promote immorality.  One of the characteristics that Jesus gave concerning the days before His return was that deception would be prevalent.  That’s true of today and something we need to guard against if we are to continue being the salt and light of the world.

Its understandable that those of the world would embrace the lies being promoted by their father.  There's really nothing left for those who reject the truth but lies.  However, as believers we are called to be separate from the world and to reject its ways.  It would be prudent for us to regularly take stock of our spiritual lives to make sure that we aren't growing fond of the things of this world.  This is especially true as we see the day of our Lord's return drawing near.

In addition to deception, there are other signs that Jesus gives us to look for that also indicate the nearness of His return.  I've attached a pamphlet that goes over some of those.  It's my prayer that the body of Christ would be prepared and alert for His return as He instructs us to be.  If there is ever a time that we need to discern between the things of God and the things of this world, its now.  If there is ever a time to use that discernment and be separate from the world, its now.

If anyone wishes to redistribute this in any way, feel free.  If anyone would like the Word (.doc) document that the pdf is created from in order to edit it to their liking, you can download it here, or message me.  Be prepared, and help others be too!

readyornot.pdf

Agreed and agreed brother.

All I want to say is, "Don't be too absent Daze"  

Respectfully, 

Me.

17 hours ago, Serving said:

Agreed and agreed brother.

All I want to say is, "Don't be too absent Daze"  

Respectfully, 

Me.

I'll still be around, just on a more casual level.  I didn't mean to indicate that I wasn't going to post anymore.  I'm just not going to start anymore topics but rather focus on getting this message out.  This was confirmed to me this morning while I was reading Hebrews:

• But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.  Hebrews 5:14

I'm convinced that this is the meat that the church needs to focus on in this season; discerning good from evil and practicing godliness in preparation for the things to come.

Blessings brother.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Last Daze...

I'm glad you have clarified that you WILL still be around,I would not like to see you go ,you are a dear Brother that contributes much,,,,,,,Praise Jesus

I'm not sure what you are trying to do,I suppose you are hoping to distribute tracks,pass on literature or something ,,,,,,,as far as I know that is not permitted,,,,,,,,,is there something you would like to discuss in this Thread?                                  With love-in Christ,Kwik

Thanks Kwik,

I was just wanting to share the culmination of the many prophecy discussions I've engaged in here on Worthy with those who had a hand in it.  This topic sums it up for me and I'm convinced that its relevant for the body of Christ today so I'm going to try and get the message out however I can.

If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them.  I plan to do a YouTube presentation, some emailings, postal mailings, chit-chats, etc.

Distributing tracts and literature is illegal?  In Florida?

• 2 weeks later...

After reflecting on this further, I've made a few changes.  I wanted to emphasize more the need to know Jesus, as the five wise virgins did.  Because they knew Him, they also knew how to prepare for His return.

If anyone is interested in the revised version you can get it here.  I would be interested in any constructive criticism or discussions on the topic of being alert and ready for the return of Christ.  It was important enough for Jesus to mention several times.

Knowing about Jesus' return is important.  Knowing Jesus is mandatory.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 7/9/2016 at 5:41 AM, Last Daze said:

If anyone is interested in the revised version you can get it here.  I would be interested in any constructive criticism or discussions on the topic of being alert and ready for the return of Christ. 

Looks good thru page 5, then (from my point of view) you go out on some eschatological limbs. Which, again from my point of view, will eventually be cause for a few more changes in pages 6-8 (but not 9).

13 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Looks good thru page 5, then (from my point of view) you go out on some eschatological limbs. Which, again from my point of view, will eventually be cause for a few more changes in pages 6-8 (but not 9).

Thanks for the input.  I agree that there are going to be eschatological differences which is why I revised it to put a greater emphasis on knowing Jesus.  I may make some further revisions that diminish or exclude my personal bias.  Matthew 24 describes the signs of His coming as:

• deception, eventually accompanied by signs and wonders
  • wars, rumors of war, famine, earthquakes
  • the great tribulation - Israel fleeing to the wilderness, saints being martyred because of Jesus' name
  • the sign of the Son of Man which ends the great tribulation
  • the Son of Man returning on the clouds for the gathering of the saints

I think we can agree on those points even though we see different timings.  Those who know Jesus will be able to discern what's going on and revise their eschatology as necessary.