• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

:beehive:

Hi everyone. I know what I say may not be taken with any weight. I do thank every one of you who gives what I say some consideration. 

The old and new covenant have a lot of parallels. Consider the fact that jewish infants were required to he circumcized on the 8th day. They didn't make a profession-of-faith; They couldn't make the decision for themselves; They had no choice. Once circumcized,  the infant was a jew. Jew-by-birth. Infant circumcision is biblical, though a sign, the infant was a jew nonetheless. This is my first and leading point. 

What about Baptism? One is normally received into The Church by an act of baptism, like circumcision. 

"He then brought them out and asked, 'Sirs, what must I do to be saved?'

They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household."

And again, Peter says concerning Baptism "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. This promise is for you and your children."

My second point is that the whole household was saved through baptism. The children were not excluded just as jewish children were not excluded from having to be circumcized in order to enter into the covenant with their God. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The foundation of salvation is: 

Luke 10:25-28  And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?

27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

Anything we do to be saved must accomplish LOVING GOD with our WHOLE HEART.

Baptism was a place to DIE(to your will and to dedicate your life to serving GOD)

It is a dedication to LOVE GOD with your whole life!

Accepting JESUS as LORD and SAVIOR involves the same principle.

This is a decision that a person commits to.

Infants cannot make this decision. The children's parents were the children's covering for salvation until they were old enough and became responsible for their own decision to dedicate their life to Christ.

I believe it was at 13 years old when a Jewish child became accountable to the law.

Edited by Randy DeCarlo
spelling

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

Romans 6 says we are baptize into christ. And that was water baptizing. Its not the water that cleans us. But faith in God's power to raise the dead. So when we get baptize we are showing our faith in christ death and resurrection. It's the visable word. We seal our identity with christ at that moment. We are identfiy with his death. So we die too. Our old man dies. The we identify with his risen body too as we come up out of the water. Now our new man lives which is christ Jesus our life.Salvation is not only being forgiven but a new life. When we doubt ourselfs we are surpose to look back at our being baptize into christ. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

Water Baptism always follows being born again, it follows believing and being saved.

Water Baptism is like putting on an army uniform AFTER you are signed up and accepted.

One you are IN the Army, they say....... "here, put this on".

If you put it on before you are signed up, are you in the army?.......not quite.........but if you wear it after you are signed up and accepted, then its what you do.

Water Baptism is exactly like that.... Its what you do AFTER you are saved, but never to become saved.

God SAVES you when you take Christ by faith (trust), .... God does not save you because you become "wet".

You become "wet" because you ARE saved = ARE Born Again, already.