CaringBrit

ABC Movies

825 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

(The) Ice House (1969)

Jamaica Inn (1939)

21 minutes ago, C_Beth said:

Jamaica Inn (1939)

Daphne du Maurier, author of The Birds and Rebecca, among other stories.  I read the book before I saw the movie.

Kill Bill: Volume 1 (2003)

3 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Daphne du Maurier, author of The Birds and Rebecca, among other stories.  I read the book before I saw the movie.

Which medium do you believe is better, book or movie? Generally, I find the book versions to be much better because more details are conveyed, and sometimes that can make all the difference.

In my opinion. :)

3 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Kill Bill: Volume 1 (2003)

Lady in the Lake (1947)

2 minutes ago, C_Beth said:

Which medium do you believe is better, book or movie? Generally, I find the book versions to be much better because more details are conveyed, and sometimes that can make all the difference.

In my opinion. :)

I like most books better than the movie, with a few exceptions.  I haven't seen the movie for 13 Hours yet but I suspect I will like the movie more just because of how the book changes locations abruptly, back and forth.  A lot of characters and locations to keep straight.  The Birds was a short story.  I read that the author was very pleased with how Hitchcock put the movie together.  Lone Survivor was excellent both as a book and as a movie.  I think I liked the book slightly more because you felt closer to the main character and the decisions he had to make, and of course, how he felt when his friends were picked off one by one.  Over the weekend, I watched The Maltese Falcon again, lost count how many times I've seen it.  I still have the book which I read many, many years ago.  I can't imagine it could be as good as the movie though.  I'll have to read it again.  Those are exceptions though.  I usually like books better than movies.  Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men I like better than any movie version that I'm aware of.

22 minutes ago, C_Beth said:

Lady in the Lake (1947)

Miller's Crossing (1990)

"Ordinary People" (1980)

Quiet Ones, The (2014)