• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Brothers & Sisters,,,,,,

I heard a "delicious" sermon this morning & I thought I would share this with all of you,,,,,,a tasty snack of Peace,Joy & Wisdom

If anyone has ever heard David Jeremiah then just imagine his gentle,peaceful & gracious tone with this encouraging message.So many times we hear about the "evidence" of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit & yet more often we hear verses of Scripoture being taken out of context ,leaving the "hearer" wondering if they are truly Saved    We are Saved by the Grace of God,we are "Born Again" into His Righteousness by our Faith   It is because of what HE has done,Jesus Finished Work on the Cross,,,,,so where is the 'evidence"?Is it "speaking in tongues"?Is it our works?  Is it the Gifts of the Spirit? The Fruits?How do we know we are "Born Again"?

Many people will tell you a date they were Saved,without a shadow of doubt they will say"On such & such date I was Born Again" and some (like myself) cannot remember the date but of course I know there was a day I asked Jesus to come into my heart & Save me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that is all we need to know,there was a time that Jesus came to live in us,we were indwelled with His Holy Spirit.There are folks that remember the date very well & on that date they cast away their drugs,alcohol,cigarettes & everything else that they were bound by & they simply will never forget.That is not usually how it works & so, many New Believers question the day they came to the Foot of the Cross,,,,,,"Am I Born Again?"

David Jeremiah said there are 5 birthmarks of Salvation,how you know that you are Saved or you know that someone else has Jesus Living in them.The first is easy,it is the birthmark of CONFESSION,,,,,You BELIEVE that Jesus is the Son of God,the Savior of the world 

1 John 5:1
Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

You BELIEVE & have asked His forgiveness of your sins,,,,,that is the Confession of FAITH

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

It is a decision,"Lord Jesus,be my Savior                        (see also John 3:16,1 John 4:1-3 and John 3:36)   It is nothing that "I" did,it is because "He" did it ALL

The second is the birthmark of CHANGE    As I mentioned earlier,some folks experience an immediate transformation,they threw their cigarettes away,stopped swearing,no more drugs,,,,,,,but it does not always happen instantaneously & that is okay because a change does take place that day,Jesus came to live inside of you and it happens from the inside out,we become a New Creature,,,the Holy Spirit is within us 

1 John 2:29
If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

2 Cor 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new

The 3rd is the birthmark of COMPASSION    Being Born of God is having Gods DNA,the old sinful nature has passed away(the old man) & it is who you love,you love God,love one another,,,,,,you are now Gods Family & you want to be with other Christians,children of God  

1 John 4:7
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God

And isn't it True,when we meet a Brother or Sister in Christ there is an instant Bond,we know we are Family    such a Joy,Praise Jesus!

The 4th is the birthmark of CONFLICT,,,,,,

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

You've heard many times that we are in the world but not "of" the world,being Born Again we take on the foes of the world but as overcomers,Victors   Everything that is not of God conflicts with our New Nature,the UnBelievers can see that we are different,we know it too

Finally,we have the 5th,,,,this is the birthmark of CONDUCT,,,,

1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 5:18
We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Does this mean we will never again sin? No it does not ,what it does mean is that we can no longer live in willful rebellion,,,,,if anyone does continually sin & violate Gods Laws with the attitude of "Well I live in Grace & am not under the Law so I will do what I want" they are deceiving themselves & are not Saved    Gods children live in Gods Grace & are Forgiven ,you don't reach a "sin limit" or have a quota-lol  It does not mean you will never again sin,trip & fall,,,,it simply means that you will be convicted and will not KEEP sinning God Seed in you,the Holy Spirit will not allow sin    You will not want to sin because you love God

I'm sure I did not say exactly what Dr Jeremiah said but I'm am sure you all got the jist of it,I could not remember all the lovely Scriptures he referred to ,I should have written them all down-lol  What I liked about the 5 birthmarks is that all the Scriptures do say "Born of God",,,,,,,I only hope to encourage someone who has any doubts about being Saved,,,,,,,there is nothing that "we do",nothing that we "do not do",,,,,,we are TRANSFORMED into into New Creatures in Christ Jesus ,a continual work in progress as we walk with jesus....know that you know what you know,you are His,bought & paid for "in Full",,,,,,,,His Grace never expires,His Love is Unconditional and He Forgave you,past,present & future,,,,,,a change took place the very moment you said"Please forgive me Jesus,I need you to be my Lord & Savior" now just Let go & let God                                                           All Glory ,Praise & Honor to our Precious Lord Almighty,JESUS!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Good post Kwik, I enjoyed it. In fact I went in search of Dr. David Jeremiah and I found his website. Next I found the sermon you heard and listened to it. I thought I'd give a link to the site and this should (maybe) even be the sermon for today. If it isn't you can easily get to it by clicking on the Full Episodes tab. Here's the link:

http://www.lightsource.com/ministry/turning-point/full-episodes