OakWood

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

There is nothing Christian about Christian Mingle but the name.  It is owned by a company that has dozens of other niche dating sites.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

44 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

There is nothing Christian about Christian Mingle but the name.  It is owned by a company that has dozens of other niche dating sites.

That may as be, but if it can be forced to accept gay dating then so can other genuine Christian sites.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

If I owned a Christian dating site and was forced to allow Sodomites to use it to find same sex partners, I would shut it down immediately.

Guest Robert
On 7/9/2016 at 9:31 AM, gerbilgirl said:

Good, it's about time gay people were accepted by the church.  God loves everyone.

Define "accepted"; does that mean their "lifestyle" is also accepted as well?

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, HAZARD said:

If I owned a Christian dating site and was forced to allow Sodomites to use it to find same sex partners, I would shut it down immediately.

That is always an option, in this case they didn't really care except for it might cost them future clients. 

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

True Christians, "followers of Christ," are not gay, (Sodomites). They may have been in the past, but no longer after repentance and being born again. Practicing Sodomites are not followers of Jesus Christ and never will be while ever they are engaged in their practices.

Jude 1:7, Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange11 flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Romans 1:26, For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
V. 27, And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Edited by HAZARD

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,332
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/11/2016 at 7:36 AM, OakWood said:

I'm really getting tired of people claiming that 'God loves everybody' in order to justify iniquity. The Bible warns us of the consequence of such behaviour.

Would you mind telling me exactly where it says that?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,332
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, RobertS said:

Define "accepted"; does that mean their "lifestyle" is also accepted as well?

Judging by all the posts here it doesn't seem very accepted by Christians.  However, it should be.  God doesn't discriminate on the basis on sexual orientation just as he doesn't discriminate against any particular race.  I think the gay "lifestyle" as you call it should be accepted, yes.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, gerbilgirl said:

Judging by all the posts here it doesn't seem very accepted by Christians.  However, it should be.  God doesn't discriminate on the basis on sexual orientation just as he doesn't discriminate against any particular race.  I think the gay "lifestyle" as you call it should be accepted, yes.  

Really? So God doesnt discriminate against sexual orientation when the bible says:

Romans 1

26 For this cause, God gave them up to dishonorable affections. For even their women changed the natural use into that which is against nature.
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust toward one another; males with males working out shamefulness, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was fitting for their error.
28 And even as they did not think fit to have God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do the things not right,

1 Corinthians 6

9 ¶ Do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor abusers, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, gerbilgirl said:

False comparison.  The Bible knows nothing of a sexual orientation.  That is a modern pagan construct.

The Bible defines God's plan for human sexuality and it exists in the confines of a marriage between a man and a woman.  God makes no allowances for that.    God condemns homosexuality as an abomination, something He completely despises for which he has complete and utter contempt.

Race and sex are not comparable.   People choose to be gay.   No one chooses their race.  There is nothing in the Bible that supports a "sexual orientation" as if it something people are born with.  That's why God calls it a sin and commands man to repent of his sin.  

The gay lifestyle offends God and He does not accept it and says that those who participate in it will go to hell (I Cor. 6:9).   That's why we don't accept it.