• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,332
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

People choose to be gay.  

People are born gay, it's not a choice.  Assuming you are heterosexual, did you choose to be heterosexual?

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, gerbilgirl said:

People are born gay, it's not a choice.  Assuming you are heterosexual, did you choose to be heterosexual?

No, people are not born gay.  God would not cause people to be born that way and then call it an abomination.   God calls it sin because man can repent of it and be delivered from it by the power of Jesus.  

Heterosexuality is how designed us.  That's His will for human sexuality and that alone.   I was born the way God intends and so were gay people.  They need to repent and be saved.

Guest Robert
14 hours ago, gerbilgirl said:

Judging by all the posts here it doesn't seem very accepted by Christians.  However, it should be.  God doesn't discriminate on the basis on sexual orientation just as he doesn't discriminate against any particular race.  I think the gay "lifestyle" as you call it should be accepted, yes.  

Unfortunately for your position, Scripture says otherwise:

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures. Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them." (Romans 1:18-32, NASB, emphasis mine)

According to the Word of God, He doesn't "accept the gay lifestyle", and it is stated several times in scripture that he doesn't. That said, my question to you then is this: at what point do you accept that there are standards that we have believers to live by; standards that His Word has placed in our hearts? Because if you do not, then you are essentially saying that there is no difference between the Church and this world (which the Lord called us to be separate from); that we should simply accept anyone who will not repent of sin nor plans to (God says in scripture "Be holy as I Am holy, and calls for us to repent of our sin, and God is very clear on His opinion of homosexuality); and that "love" means approving of actions that are clearly wrong (once again, scripture is clear on this).

I'm sorry, but the Lord made Himself clear on this. If that bothers you, then you really need to take it up with Him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The simplicity of the answer lies in the very element of continued life ... we are to choose life in all things
or else we are in the rebellion of life being death! Why would anyone want eternal life practicing
dead end things :noidea: - but that's exactly what pro homosexuals are asking for. No wonder why God is
spewing them out of His Existence within the Life Eternal.   Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member

19 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No, people are not born gay.  God would not cause people to be born that way and then call it an abomination.   God calls it sin because man can repent of it and be delivered from it by the power of Jesus.  

Heterosexuality is how designed us.  That's His will for human sexuality and that alone.   I was born the way God intends and so were gay people.  They need to repent and be saved.

My best friend is a lesbian.  I've talked to her at length about it.  When she was a teenager she just started liking other females.  She didn't wake up and decide to be gay.  She hates being different and the discrimination she faces and often wishes she was heterosexual.  But she is not heterosexual.    

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, gerbilgirl said:

My best friend is a lesbian.  I've talked to her at length about it.  When she was a teenager she just started liking other females.  She didn't wake up and decide to be gay.  She hates being different and the discrimination she faces and often wishes she was heterosexual.  But she is not heterosexual.    

That demonstrates a mental illness. Homosexuality can be overcome.  I am sure no one wakes up and arbitrarily chooses to be gay, just like some people don't just wake up and decide to be bi-polar or schizophrenic.  Mental illness just happens sometimes because the mind is an organ of the body and it gets sick just like other parts of the body get sick.

God doesn't cause people to be born gay.    If it were a born condition that thy had no control over, then God would not have labeled it an abomination.   You are at odd with God's word. 

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

That demonstrates a mental illness. Homosexuality can be overcome.  I am sure no one wakes up and arbitrarily chooses to be gay, just like some people don't just wake up and decide to be bi-polar or schizophrenic.  Mental illness just happens sometimes because the mind is an organ of the body and it gets sick just like other parts of the body get sick.

God doesn't cause people to be born gay.    If it were a born condition that thy had no control over, then God would not have labeled it an abomination.   You are at odd with God's word. 

Mental health professionals do not classify homosexuality as a mental illness.  And if someone has no control over it, as you just stated, why can't they be gay if that makes them happy?

Guest shiloh357
21 minutes ago, gerbilgirl said:

Mental health professionals do not classify homosexuality as a mental illness.  And if someone has no control over it, as you just stated, why can't they be gay if that makes them happy?

I didn't say they have no control over it.  The only reason mental health professionals don't call it a mental illness any longer is because of political correctness.  

The truth is that many people have been delivered through the power of Christ from homosexuality.   That's what people need.  God hates homosexuality and calls it an abomination.   You seem to ignore than simple fact.   God wants to se them free so they can have a saving relationship with Him and go to heaven.    The homosexual's worst enemy is the Christians who affirm their sinful lifestyle and continue to be enablers for it.  Christians who do not point gay people to the gospel are ensuring that homosexuals remains comfortable in their sin and end up in hell.

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

I didn't say they have no control over it.  The only reason mental health professionals don't call it a mental illness any longer is because of political correctness.  

The truth is that many people have been delivered through the power of Christ from homosexuality.   That's what people need.  God hates homosexuality and calls it an abomination.   You seem to ignore than simple fact.   God wants to se them free so they can have a saving relationship with Him and go to heaven.    The homosexual's worst enemy is the Christians who affirm their sinful lifestyle and continue to be enablers for it.  Christians who do not point gay people to the gospel are ensuring that homosexuals remains comfortable in their sin and end up in hell.

I don't ignore that fact, I simply interpret the Bible differently than you.

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, gerbilgirl said:

I don't ignore that fact, I simply interpret the Bible differently than you.

There is nothing to "interpret."   He calls it an abomination, something disgusting and abhorrent.   So, you really have nothing to interpret.  It means what it says.  And yes you are ignoring it.