• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,332
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Out of the Shadows said:

Where did you get that idea?  Not from the bible that is for sure. 

I got the idea from Roman Catholic religious education classes.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

16 minutes ago, gerbilgirl said:

Not from the bible

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

18 minutes ago, gerbilgirl said:

Perhaps you would be better served to stick with the bible. 

On 9/12/2016 at 2:34 PM, ayin jade said:

Not from the bible

So you're saying Roman Catholic religious education classes aren't based off the Bible?

On 9/12/2016 at 2:52 PM, Davida said:

gerbilgirl do you believe homosexuality is not a sexual sin? I suggest you do a Bible study of homosexuality and see what the Bible scripture states on the topic.  Most homosexuals wouldn't even come in contact with any Christians accept as living next door.... so how are Christians hurting gays- is my question? lol!   I've had several gay colleagues and neighbors. None of them would care for a moment if I approved of their lifestyle choice or not, and it would not affect our interaction in the least so what's the big deal here?  If they demanded that I paint my house rainbow colors or fly the gay flag to show solidarity - I would refuse.  Would they want to sue me for hurting their feelings?  It might just come to that some day as more and more rights of Christians are being subtly taken away to refuse the world view.   

According to the Bible homosexuality is referred to as unnatural affection,  sexual perversion , it is one of the a sexual sins, so is fornication, cheating on your spouse, pedophilia, etc.... and if you are continuing in a lifestyle of celebrating that sin - that's called unrepentant sin. The Bible says sexual sin defiles the body.  Who does it hurt?  themselves carnally, spiritually and eternally if they don't repent and turn to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.  When we reject GOD's standards destruction follows one way or another. Our sin isn't isolated to our selves , sin affects not just the in individual, it also hurts and effects families,  children , the communities and nations .

Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,   (Read More...)

Romans 1:26-28 - For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:   (Read More...)

Leviticus 20:13 - If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

1 Timothy 1:10 - For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

1 Corinthians 7:2 - Nevertheless, [to avoid] fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

1 Timothy 1:10-11 - For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;   (Read More...)

Mark 10:6-9 - But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.   (Read More...)

Jude 1:7 - Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

I doubt any gay or lesbian person would ask you to paint your house or fly a rainbow flag.  If a gay or lesbian person were to ask me that I would also refuse, simply because I wouldn't want a rainbow house or a gay pride flag at my house (but not because I disprove of gay people).  Assuming no gay or lesbian person is trying to make you participate in their "lifestyle" as you call it I don't see what is wrong with hanging out with them.  Cheating on a spouse hurts the spouse.  Pedophilia hurts the victims.  I don't see why hurting themselves makes it sin, not that I think they are hurting themselves.  The Bible was not written by Jesus and therefore contains errors and this is one of them.  Not to mention there could have been errors in translation.  

Guest shiloh357
24 minutes ago, gerbilgirl said:

I doubt any gay or lesbian person would ask you to paint your house or fly a rainbow flag.  If a gay or lesbian person were to ask me that I would also refuse, simply because I wouldn't want a rainbow house or a gay pride flag at my house (but not because I disprove of gay people).  Assuming no gay or lesbian person is trying to make you participate in their "lifestyle" as you call it I don't see what is wrong with hanging out with them.  Cheating on a spouse hurts the spouse.  Pedophilia hurts the victims.  I don't see why hurting themselves makes it sin, not that I think they are hurting themselves.  The Bible was not written by Jesus and therefore contains errors and this is one of them.  Not to mention there could have been errors in translation.  

Funny how homosexuality is the ONLY sin in the Bible that exists because of translation errors...   How do you know that "love your neighbor as yourself"  is not a translation error? How do know that "thou shall not kill" is a not a translation error?  How do you know whether or not the parts of the Bible you agree with are not translation errors?   It would be interesting to know how you arrive at which parts of the Bible are "errors."   What is your hermeneutic process for arriving at that conclusion?

1 hour ago, gerbilgirl said:

So you're saying Roman Catholic religious education classes aren't based off the Bible?

Some things they teach are definitely not based off the bible. In that particular case, the definition you posted of sin from that class, is not based on the bible.

57 minutes ago, gerbilgirl said:

The Bible was not written by Jesus and therefore contains errors and this is one of them.  Not to mention there could have been errors in translation.  

2 Timothy 3

16 All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be perfected, thoroughly furnished to every good work.

If you think there are errors in the bible, then how do you determine what is or isnt truth? Why would you believe any of it then? What do you believe about who Jesus is according to the bible?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

Born gay~~~~~~ most say no-- some say yes-- but for sake of argument lets say yes born that way. So what did Jesus say about that????????

He clearly said- "You MUST be born again"--  so even if you where born gay- its not okay with the Lord---- some say Alcoholics are genetic-- born that way "You MUST be Born again"--- some say I am born with overactive testosterone levels hence my insatiable desire for sex~~ "You MUST be Born again"--------- what ever sin we where born with --- any sin we are born with the answer is "You MUST be born again"--- not turn over a new leaf, not join a 12 step, not promise to do better~~~~ YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

2 hours ago, gerbilgirl said:

Assuming no gay or lesbian person is trying to make you participate in their

I'm sorry- but this is a fail argument- the LGBTQILIKEDOGS agenda is clearly trying to get all of American society to participate by approval in their life style--- trans bathrooms-- suing bakers that wont bake them cakes-- forcing employers to hire in situations where it would not be appropriate to have a confused attraction individuals-- Forcing the Boy Scouts ( Of all organizations) to allow gay men to camp out in the woods with young boys---- they are forcing their life style on hetero people and it is poisonous