IGNORED

The Lion King Biblical Analogy, Part 3 (Matthew 16:18)

Hawkeye

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  566
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/08/1985

The Lion King: If you ever come near my son again Image result for simba and the hyenas graveyard  

I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. Matthew 16:18

SCENE SYNOPSIS: Simba got himself into heaps of trouble when he decided to take Nala and go visit the elephant graveyard, even after specific orders not to. Even though he was told not to go in there, when Mufasa realized he was in trouble- he came to his rescue, despite his disobedience. So many times, we go off and do our own thing- despite God telling us differently.

We get ourselves into all kinds of precarious situations, and we need him to help us. We may stray off the path, but he loves us regardless. He will protect us, and we need to rely on him. Even when we are disobedient, he still has a perfect plan for our life. He wants us to strive for perfection, even though we will never achieve it. God tells us in Matthew 16:18, that if we build our house upon the rock- the gates of Hades will not prevail against it.

Jesus is our chief cornerstone (1 Corinthians 3:10-11) and in him we have a firm foundation. (Ephesians 2:20) With putting our full trust in him, we believe in him to take care of us. And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, that you should walk in it.- 2 John 1:6 Love and obedience go hand in hand. If a child loves their parent, they will obey.

Likewise; if we love God- we will want to obey him. Not for the sake of obedience, but because we love him. We know he has our best interest in mind, and we have that foundation of trust.

Question: Do you have trouble obeying God, even when you are in danger? I know i do!