• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/20/1988

5 minutes ago, Jewels7 said:

That orange part is refuted by Isaiah 45:7 And Psalm 139:1-9 isn't it? 

I'm not speaking in every regard, but in regard to how people try to bring a refutation to what is considered to be "Calvinism". They say "God is not the author of evil" in that God does not cause a person to sin.

I was just reviewing my statement and realized that I used evil rather than sin. That is my bad. I knew what I meant, but it isn't what I said.

Edited by lance.dunlop

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I get ya. :)

Didn't God determine the parameters of sin? Define sin? Introduce the sin formula into the world? 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/20/1988

That He did. In fact, concerning the Law, He gave it so that sin may increase.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:37 PM, Jewels7 said:

How do you figure our will is able to do other than what was pre-destined by God himself? 

All I can answer to that is one cannot ever fully know the mind of God especially this side of heaven.

But God cannot force one to believe like the Islamics think they can do, or the Roman Catholics used to believe. If conversion doesn't come from the heart it means absolutely nothing.

Let me put it another way too. Demons can possess people and force them to do their will. Since demons originally came from heaven, likewise the angels of God probably could possess someone if they wanted to. But they are forbidden of God to do so.

Why? For the very reason I just gave.

1 hour ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

All I can answer to that is one cannot ever fully know the mind of God especially this side of heaven.

But God cannot force one to believe like the Islamics think they can do, or the Roman Catholics used to believe. If conversion doesn't come from the heart it means absolutely nothing.

Let me put it another way too. Demons can possess people and force them to do their will. Since demons originally came from heaven, likewise the angels of God probably could possess someone if they wanted to. But they are forbidden of God to do so.

Why? For the very reason I just gave.

And yet, Demons can never possess those who are indwelt by God's holy spirit. Otherwise, demons would be more powerful than God's holy spirit. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:49 AM, Jewels7 said:

That orange part is refuted by Isaiah 45:7 And Psalm 139:1-9 isn't it? 

One portion of hermeneutics is to take the whole council of God's Word as a sieve to eliminate error in contradiction...  God Also says

James 1:13
13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
KJV
Hab 1:13 a
13 Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity
KJV

The problem with your understanding or rather what you seem to be saying is it doesn't pass the Biblical pronouncements of God about Himself.
Moral evil simply can not come from God.... or God contradicts Himself in His Word!

Love, Steven

There is no contradiction. Perhaps the problem with understandings is that it is hard to admit that logic dictates a God that is creator of all that exists.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

9 hours ago, Jewels7 said:

There is no contradiction. Perhaps the problem with understandings is that it is hard to admit that logic dictates a God that is creator of all that exists.

Did God create the lie?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I made peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things."

This verse has been badly translated from the Hebrew text. Lets take a close look at two words here, the words "create", and "evil". The verb "create" or "bara" in the Hebrew requires the rendering "to bring about". This word has to be determined in the context of it's use.

The word "evil" is never rendered "sin", but "calamity". God brings calamity into our lives as the inevitable consequences of the sin that is committed. God is saying that if you chose to bring sin in your life, you can count on the calamity that will follow. God has not created the sin, or evil, but God has created the individuals that have turned to evil. Then when you get out of line, God provides the distress within your life to show you that you are out of line, and by that calamity you know it is time to repent and get back into line.

If you are a child of God, you will pick up on those times when you are out of the will of God, and see the distress for what it is and thank Him for it. You will get back to where you should be, and then God will straighten you path and break down those bars and gates that are in your way. However it is all up to you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:33 PM, Jewels7 said:

And yet, Demons can never possess those who are indwelt by God's holy spirit. Otherwise, demons would be more powerful than God's holy spirit. 

Yes I know, but that was not my  point