But it does not preclude others from being saved

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

Predestination is best understood "simplified", regarding thinking about it in terms of God's sovereignty..

Just think of it like this..... To know a thing in advance, is not the same as causing it to happen.

For example, before you were born, God knew you would be reading what im saying right now, but he didnt cause me to write it, and he didnt cause you to read it.

But he knew we would.

And what causes us to be "predestined to be conformed to his Image", is not God choosing some to be saved and some to be lost..

But rather its the fact that once you are "in Christ", ....the natural evolution of your Christianity happens over time.

The thing about salvation is......you give God your trust in Christ, (faith) then God and Christ take it from there, based on salvation being "finished" by Jesus on the Cross.

Hebrews 12:2

Philippians 1:6

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

On 7/4/2016 at 8:07 AM, WarriorforHim said:

Has God predetermined who will or will not go to heaven?  The term predestination the context of salvation literally means: knowing  who to choose or own before the beneficiary's decision will be made in agreement  with  the  call  to salvation. God who is omniscient already knew in eternity past who would respond in agreement with His offer of eternal life through Christ Jesus by faith.

God predetermined that salvation would be by grace through faith in Christ crucified alone.. Thus, all are afforded the opportunity to be saved (Titus 2:11)  11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, God never predestined that people would go to hell (2 Peter 3:9) The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance. As a matter of fact, hell was purposefully and exclusively prepared for satan and his angels (Matthew 25:41) Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels. While it is both true and tragic that people are going to hell... they do so at their OWN choosing.   God has purposed that people would be born to be born again ( 1 Timothy 2:4) who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. This required God's offer of salvation and man's responsibility to receive God's gift of eternal life by faith. God will never save anyone without their consent ( John 1:12) But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name. Predestination has to do with more than just going to heaven. God has predestined that all who would believe on the Lord Jesus Christ would be conformed to the image of Christ. It is to every Christians advantage to grow in the likeness of Christ.   Life eternal and internal do not exist apart from Christ .

I think the confusion lies in a misunderstanding of Creation.

We exist in Gods mind.

Everything you see is a thought.

There is no other explanation.

It is like if you could create for yourself a dream and in that dream have full control over whatever you imagine.

We all are only a thought.

Everything we see is a thought.

But to a thought, another thought is "real".

Our whole creation is but a manifested reality existing in the consciousness of the Creator.

What He has done is to think a creation into existence and impart unto that creature a piece of His consciousness, which then gives the created being life and then there is a period of confusion in which the creation wonders who, what, when, where and how everything is.

In so doing this wondering, and wandering, the creature seeks truth which can lead in many different directions. But only one direction leads to The Creator.

The realization that our temporary reality will disappear in the near future and an eternal reality will continue where we will just "be", is revealed to us that we may deny the illusions around us and sacrifice this temporary reality in which we temporarily exist, to focus on what is really important for all other created Adamites, Spreading the Word of Truth and Light, that we must believe in and on and through The Creators personal manifestation which is Yehoshua, and believing that He saves us from this reality which was ruined by a being that was created for a purpose and it decided that the purpose was not good enough.

That being corrupted the entire creation by refusing to do its job. Its job being a step below the Creator. But instead of wiping out the entire creation in one swoop, The Creator already had plans in place for every scenario and those plans kicked into motion at lucifers fall.

What we are living in is plan "B".

Every calculation was made before hand, every plan and backup plan thought of before hand, predestination yes, some people were born for a purpose, other people are remainders in an equation.

Everyone will have an opportunity to choose in whatever way God sees fit.

God is to us an infinitely powerful quantum super computer, which created a seemingly infinite number of realities in which every possible outcome has taken place, which reality we observe is based on our decisions, does that make sense?

Soo based on the decisions of every human our overall reality changes accordingly and the heading and speed are set also.

Soo God has already worked out every possible equation in real time and knows your end and the world's end instantly.

You are in control of your future, unless you give up your control willingly.

Right now, I know that I could turn my life into chaos, I have the power to turn my town into a warzone, but I dont, I dont desire that reality, soo therefore even though I could choose that reality, I do not, soo that I may live a life pleasing to my God who loves me.

But I could, I could reject God and do sin until I died, but that is not what anyone but satan desires.

The end of this reality is set in stone, the positions of the players have been created, it is up to us and our decisions on who fills the slots.

That's why we say that a person is on this path or that path, the wide path or the narrow path, each path comes with its own choices and own outcomes.

God knows the end of a path and therefore knows your destiny based on where you are walking, but He loves us and gives us opportunities to change, some ignore him, some hear and change their fate.

But time will run out, there will be a cutoff point, soo we in haste try to spread the word soo that even at the last possible second there is still a chance if someone has heard and remembers the Good News.

I hope that makes sense to someone, peace and love.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

On 7/31/2016 at 8:18 AM, Behold said:

Predestination is best understood "simplified", regarding thinking about it in terms of God's sovereignty..

Just think of it like this..... To know a thing in advance, is not the same as causing it to happen.

For example, before you were born, God knew you would be reading what im saying right now,

God may know our thoughts, and if he for some reason is the one who through his Spirit made you write this post or part of it, because he wants specificaly someone to read it, how would you know. And how would you know the reason and why.

For what is known to you, and from that knowledge you may say that I wrote this from my self, and this may well  be a very reasonable statement for we write many things from our selfs.

Or you may have a meeting with someone and later you write down their suggestion, to the readers you are the one who thought about it, unless you inform them, and still some of the suggestions maybe his and some maybe yours.

Now how do you know and how can you tell what you wrote it is only from yourself and God had  nothing to do with that, or we should not ignore the fact that they are other spiritual powers who want to guide people  without revealing their intentity , or they make them think that their sourse is from God when actually it is not.

I am quite sure that you are not ignorant what it is written that he appears to people as an Angel of light so he can deceive them to accept the guidance of spirits that distort the truth  as the guidance from the holy spirit. 

Not everyone who says Jesus is Lord, or I bring you the word of the Lord, has all the time the word of the Lord Jesus Christ .

but he did not cause me to write it, and he didnt cause you to read it.

But he knew we would.

And what causes us to be "predestined to be conformed to his Image"

Hope that you have heard about the Holy Spirit and also many people may decide on their own that what they want to do and not only the Holy Spirit but many other spirits are available to help them in this matter according to their way of thinking, we have earthly teachers as well. 

, is not God choosing some to be saved and some to be lost..

God can some times as in the case of Paul, intervine in some dramatic way, as in many cases people witness miracles and they believe.

God new from the very beginning that not everyone would believe.

And he also new that through the sircumsition and later the Law people can not be free from the Adamic captivity of having been born with it. 

And also  could not received the Spirit from above and have a Heavenly Inheritance and at the time of their death not to go below, but to go above, this was in the plan of God from the beginning to be made possible only through Jesus Christ, with no other way but his must death on the Cross. 

And he did not stay there he was raised from the dead, and he did not stay on earth for long and he went in the Heavens.

It was for him to go down there, but not for us who believe and are born after the Cross and not before.

For us is only one way when we died, only to Heaven because that's where Jesus is, and we belong their our selfs because we are his children and co-heirs with him of the Heaven.

Do not let anyone deceive you in this matter.

But rather its the fact that once you are "in Christ", ....the natural evolution of your Christianity happens over time.

The thing about salvation is......you give God your trust in Christ, (faith) then God and Christ take it from there, based on salvation being "finished" by Jesus on the Cross.

Hebrews 12:2

Philippians 1:6

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

On 7/4/2016 at 11:07 AM, WarriorforHim said:

Has God predetermined who will or will not go to heaven?  The term predestination the context of salvation literally means: knowing  who to choose or own before the beneficiary's decision will be made in agreement  with  the  call  to salvation. God who is omniscient already knew in eternity past who would respond in agreement with His offer of eternal life through Christ Jesus by faith.

God predetermined that salvation would be by grace through faith in Christ crucified alone.. Thus, all are afforded the opportunity to be saved (Titus 2:11)  11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, God never predestined that people would go to hell (2 Peter 3:9) The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance. As a matter of fact, hell was purposefully and exclusively prepared for satan and his angels (Matthew 25:41) Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels. While it is both true and tragic that people are going to hell... they do so at their OWN choosing.   God has purposed that people would be born to be born again ( 1 Timothy 2:4) who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. This required God's offer of salvation and man's responsibility to receive God's gift of eternal life by faith. God will never save anyone without their consent ( John 1:12) But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name. Predestination has to do with more than just going to heaven. God has predestined that all who would believe on the Lord Jesus Christ would be conformed to the image of Christ. It is to every Christians advantage to grow in the likeness of Christ.   Life eternal and internal do not exist apart from Christ .

The word predestination simply means to predetermine something. The Reformers tied this word to salvation and people have been arguing it ever since. The Scriptures use the word predestination to speak of God's dealing with Israel, not whether Joe has or have not been chosen to be saved.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
(John 6:65)

the vain, Pelagian idea of free-will conversion,
destroyed.
 in a single passage, by Christ's own words.

((thank God!!))

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

He has a mind of His own. :)

8 hours ago, post said:

no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
(John 6:65)

post,-

This verse you are twisting out of Context, has to do with when Jesus was ON the earth, before he died on a Cross, and before the Holy Spirit was given.

He is talking to those disciples who were chosen by him at that time.

This is not you, and this is not the believers who are born again AFTER Jesus died on a Cross, as that is a completely different situation.

So, plz stop twisting verses and misapplying context to try to prove your heresy.

Thx,

<B><

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

3 hours ago, Behold said:

post,-

This verse you are twisting out of Context, has to do with when Jesus was ON the earth, before he died on a Cross, and before the Holy Spirit was given.

He is talking to those disciples who were chosen by him at that time.

This is not you, and this is not the believers who are born again AFTER Jesus died on a Cross, as that is a completely different situation.

So, plz stop twisting verses and misapplying context to try to prove your heresy.

Thx,

who told you that Christ was raised a different God? 

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
(Hebrews 13:8) 

He forgave sin on the basis of mercy and faith while He walked in the flesh, and He still does. 
He chose His disciples, they did not choose Him, and nothing has changed. 
No one understood Him unless it was given to them by God to do so then, and nothing has changed. 

please stop introducing Pelagianism without any support whatsoever. 
Pelagianism has been roundly condemned by the Church for 1,500 years, but for whatever reason (('
great falling away' anyone?)) it is the most prevalent and pervasive theological stance among so-called believers today. 

"thanks"

20 minutes ago, post said:

who told you that Christ was raised a different God? 

As ive not said anything about Jesus being "raised", or about him being a "different God", i assume you must be making something else up.

Now, here is one of the things you need to consider......When you are reading the New Testament, you have to realize the TIME and SITUATION and the AUDIENCE that is being addressed.

So, If this is not the BORN AGAIN CHURCH that is being addressed,  then you have to be careful not to try to CREATE DOCTRINE from verses that are not designed as doctrine.

Dont do that.