IGNORED

The “sin lists” in the NT condemn all habitual sinners!

ZacharyB

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  410
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Throughout the Bible, God views sin as indicative of rebellion, disobedience, and unbelief.

Those born-again have been given a new nature by which they are no longer slaves of sin!

And they have been given the Holy Spirit, who has come to help them overcome their sins!

Compared to the OT, God’s born-again people have NO excuse for failure to be overcomers!

1 Corinthians 6:8-10, TLB

“But, instead, you yourselves are the ones who do wrong, cheating others, even your own brothers. Don’t you know that those doing such things have no share in the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who live immoral lives, who are idol worshipers, adulterers or homosexuals — will have no share in his Kingdom. Neither will thieves or greedy people, drunkards, slanderers, or robbers.”

• No habitual sinner will have any part in the Kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:18-24, TLB

“When you are guided by the Holy Spirit, you need no longer force yourself to obey Jewish laws. But when you follow your own wrong inclinations, your lives will produce these evil results: impure thoughts, eagerness for lustful pleasure, idolatry, spiritism, hatred and fighting, jealousy and anger, constant effort to get the best for yourself … and there will be wrong doctrine, envy, murder, drunkenness, wild parties, and all that sort of thing. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God. … Those who belong to Christ have nailed their natural evil desires to his cross and crucified them there.”

• No one who lives/walks in the flesh will inherit the Kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:3-7, TLB

“Let there be no sex sin, impurity or greed among you. Let no one be able to accuse you of any such things. Dirty stories, foul talk, and coarse jokes — these are not for you. Instead, remind each other of God’s goodness, and be thankful. You can be sure of this: the Kingdom of Christ and of God will never belong to anyone who is impure or greedy, for a greedy person is really

an idol worshiper — he loves and worships the good things of this life more than God. Don’t be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the terrible wrath of God is upon all those who do them. Don’t even associate with such people.”

• No Kingdom of God for them, and are those receiving God’s wrath going to heaven?

Colossians 3:5-8, TLB

“Away then with sinful, earthly things; deaden the evil desires lurking within you; have nothing to do with sexual sin, impurity, lust, and shameful desires; don’t worship the good things of life, for that is idolatry. God’s terrible anger is upon those who do such things. You used to do them when your life was still part of this world; but now is the time to cast off and throw away all these rotten garments of anger, hatred, cursing, and dirty language.”

3:6, NKJV – “Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience”

• Will anyone who receives God’s terrible anger and wrath be going to heaven?

Revelation 21:7-8, TLB

“Everyone who conquers (is victorious, overcomes) will inherit all these blessings, and I will be his God and he will be my son. But cowards who turn back from following me, and those who are unfaithful to me, and the corrupt, and murderers, and the immoral, and those conversing with demons, and idol worshipers and all liars — their doom is in the Lake that burns with fire and sulphur. This is the Second Death.”

• 8 examples of habitual sinners who will be thrown into the Lake of Fire.

Revelation 22:14-15, TLB

“Blessed forever are all who are washing their robes, to have the right to enter in through the gates of the city (the New Jerusalem) and to eat the fruit from the Tree of Life. Outside the city are those who have strayed away from God, and the sorcerers and the immoral and murderers and idolaters, and all who love to lie, and do so.”

22:14-15, NKJV – “Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves

and practices a lie.”

• 6 examples of habitual sinners who will not be allowed to enter the city of the New Jerusalem.

Edited by ZacharyB
  • Thumbs Up 1

Once again, we are saved by what we believe, not how we behave. If you believe that you have to perform works (stop sinning) in order to maintain your salvation, then you are believing a different gospel than the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You are also taking the responsibility for your own salvation.

16 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

Once again, we are saved by what we believe, not how we behave. If you believe that you have to perform works (stop sinning) in order to maintain your salvation, then you are believing a different gospel than the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You are also taking the responsibility for your own salvation.

It's nice to have an opinion, but it's also deadly.

Why don't you just stick to discussing the Scriptures?

Suggestion: you could tackle them one at a time.

No pre-requisite required, such as being a football player.

Guest Robert
54 minutes ago, ZacharyB said:

" The apostles and the elders came together to look into this matter. After there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said to them, “Brethren, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles would hear the word of the gospel and believe. And God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith. Now therefore why do you put God to the test by placing upon the neck of the disciples a yoke which neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear? But we believe that we are saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, in the same way as they also are.” " (Acts 15:6-11, NASB, emphasis mine)

"But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed; for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith. For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one." (Romans 3:21-30, NASB, emphasis mine)

"What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, has found? For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say? “ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS CREDITED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS.” Now to the one who works, his wage is not credited as a favor, but as what is due. But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness, 6just as David also speaks of the blessing on the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works: “BLESSED ARE THOSE WHOSE LAWLESS DEEDS HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN,  AND WHOSE SINS HAVE BEEN COVERED.“BLESSED IS THE MAN WHOSE SIN THE LORD WILL NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT.” Is this blessing then on the circumcised, or on the uncircumcised also? For we say, “FAITH WAS CREDITED TO ABRAHAM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS.” How then was it credited? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised; and he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while uncircumcised, so that he might be the father of all who believe without being circumcised, that righteousness might be credited to them, and the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also follow in the steps of the faith of our father Abraham which he had while uncircumcised. For the promise to Abraham or to his descendants that he would be heir of the world was not through the Law, but through the righteousness of faith. For if those who are of the Law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise is nullified; for the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law, there also is no violation. For this reason it is by faith, in order that it may be in accordance with grace, so that the promise will be guaranteed to all the descendants, not only to those who are of the Law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all, 1as it is written, “A FATHER OF MANY NATIONS HAVE I MADE YOU”) in the presence of Him whom he believed, even God, who gives life to the dead and calls into being that which does not exist." (Romans 4: 1-16, NASB, emphasis mine)

" “We are Jews by nature and not sinners from among the Gentiles; nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified. But if, while seeking to be justified in Christ, we ourselves have also been found sinners, is Christ then a minister of sin? May it never be! “For if I rebuild what I have once destroyed, I prove myself to be a transgressor. For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.  do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.” " (Galatians 2:15-21, NASB, emphasis mine)

"Even so Abraham BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS. Therefore, be sure that it is those who are of faith who are sons of Abraham. The Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “ALL THE NATIONS WILL BE BLESSED IN YOU.” So then those who are of faith are blessed with Abraham, the believer. For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, “CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT ABIDE BY ALL THINGS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THE LAW, TO PERFORM THEM.” Now that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident; for, “THE RIGHTEOUS MAN SHALL LIVE BY FAITH.” However, the Law is not of faith; on the contrary, “HE WHO PRACTICES THEM SHALL LIVE BY THEM.” Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us—for it is written, “CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO HANGS ON A TREE”— in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith." (Galatians 3:6-14, NASB, emphasis mine)

" For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. " (Ephesians 2:8-10, NASB, emphasis mine)

We are called to live righteously, but not through our own efforts; it is by faith in Jesus Christ that we are made free, and we cannot do this in our own strength. Nor is there anyone on this planet that is saved that does not sin; the flesh is never fully conquered until we are translated either in death or through the Rapture.

I have a suggestion of my own-

"Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all." (Ephesians 4:1-5, NASB, emphasis mine)

"Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear. Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." (Ephesians 4:29-32, NASB, emphasis mine)

There's no need to treat people with sarcasm and disdain.

1 hour ago, ZacharyB said:

Because I and others have posted the relevant Scriptures so many times in response to the constant repetition of the faith plus works doctrine which is patently false. People who ascribe to such a doctrine just reject the faith alone doctrine even when it is right there in front of them. That is why I always start my response with "Once again." Not for the faith plus works error crowd, but for those still seeking the truth.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

2 hours ago, RobertS said:

I have a suggestion of my own-

"Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love,

well said

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, ZacharyB said:

Compared to the OT, God’s born-again people have NO excuse for failure to be overcomers!

True enough.  At the same time John tells us that if we have no sin we deceive ourselves. So the other truth is that in spite of God's provision, the Christian can and does sin, but not habitually.

13 hours ago, Ezra said:

True enough.  At the same time John tells us that if we have no sin we deceive ourselves.

So the other truth is that in spite of God's provision, the Christian can and does sin, but not habitually.

Especially if the Christian believes in OSAS, he/she can easily fall into habitual sin,

which if not rectified, will lead to eternal death!

E.G. Paul warns of this 3 times in 8 verses (Romans 6:16-23).

... and also ...

Especially if the Christian believes in the false pre-tribulation rapture doctrine:

-- he/she may fall away from the faith during the great tribulation!

-- he/she may submit to taking the mark of the beast!

The NT teaches that either one of these will cause the Christian to lose salvation!

13 hours ago, Ezra said:

True enough.  At the same time John tells us that if we have no sin we deceive ourselves.

So the other truth is that in spite of God's provision, the Christian can and does sin, but not habitually.

Especially if the Christian believes in OSAS, he/she can easily fall into habitual sin,

... and also ...

Especially if the Christian believes in the false pre-tribulation rapture doctrine:

The NT teaches that either one of these will cause the Christian to lose salvation!

13 hours ago, Ezra said:

If the Christian believes in OSAS, he/she can easily fall into habitual sin,

... and also ...

If the Christian believes in the false pre-tribulation rapture doctrine:

Edited by ZacharyB