IGNORED

The “sin lists” in the NT condemn all habitual sinners!

ZacharyB

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

It's so so simple. 

We are saved by grace.  When we accept Jesus as Lord and Savior of our lives and we truly put Him on the Throne in our lives we will not fall into habitual sin. We will listen to His Voice and the world will have no hold over us, or any attraction for us.  As stated His Holy Spirit in us will always keep us safe.  The Bible is clear, we are in the world not of it.  There is nothing in this world that is more important to me then my faith.  

I don't have to ask myself if I should go into that bar and drink because nothing in me wants to.  I don't have to think of living with a man I"m not married to because once again the Holy Spirit in me says no.

Do you have the Holy Spirit in you?  I'm thinking if you did why are you so concerned about the habitual sin thing.  If you have the Holy Spirit then the things of this world and the sin that goes with it should not even catch your eye.

Blessings RustyAngeL

On 7/6/2016 at 5:01 PM, Rick_Parker said:

Once again, we are saved by what we believe, not how we behave. If you believe that you have to perform works (stop sinning) in order to maintain your salvation, then you are believing a different gospel than the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You are also taking the responsibility for your own salvation.

Our belief in Jesus and our walk with Him will show our fruits.  When we really walk with Him it will show in everything we say and do.

5 hours ago, woundeddog said:

Darrelx== I agree whole heartedly with your entire post--- thank you for elaborating- I usually dont have the patience to do it

Nor do I.  When someone is not listening to anything that is being said, or refuses to hear and acknowledge the truth and I just have to shake the dust off my feet and move on to someone who wants to listen. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  410
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 9:11 AM, kwikphilly said:

You can easily delete two of the posts that were  posted 3 times,I'm sure this was a glitch,,,,,,click options & hit "delete"                    Love,Kwik

Be glad to, but don't see any "Options" ... so please advise.

23 hours ago, woundeddog said:
23 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Fortunately, none of those habitual sinners are Christians, because real Christians cannot live in habitual sin.

Shiloh, you're going to have to define what a real Christian is.

Because American churches are absolutely filled with habitual sinners!

And like I said when I joined here, the website doesn't work properly (to say the least).

kwikphilly, you do not belong here ...

unless the Lord has placed you here to teach them some spiritual Truth.

Because there is just no end to the areas in which they are ignorant.

I'm seeing people here we believe in ...

(1) OSAS, (2) the pre-trib rapture, (3) cessationism!

All of these are horrendous "doctrines of men" ...

actually horrendous doctrines of Satan taught by the churches!

If cessationism had not been taught (starting in 100 or so a.d.),

the whole world would have been evangelized centuries ago!

When the great tribulation of the antichrist comes (soon),

many so-called "believers" will fall away from the faith and be lost. 

Yes, false doctrine (originating from Satan) is like deadly poison!

Satan is "the god/ruler of this world/age" (John 12:31, 2 Cor 4:4) ...

and he is by far the greatest liar and deceiver in the history of the world.

When God said, "My people are lost for the lack of knowledge",

He was referring to His people in both of His old and new covenants.

Edited by ZacharyB

Guest shiloh357
47 minutes ago, ZacharyB said:

Shiloh, you're going to have to define what a real Christian is.

A real Christian is a person who has been born again, who has trusted in Jesus Christ and His finished work on the cross.  A real Christian is someone who has repented of His sins, recognized he is a sinner and has received Jesus as his personal Lord and Savior.  A real Christian is a person who has been transformed by Holy Spirit, who has a new heart and a new set of desires to serve the Lord.  He may occasionally stumble in a sincere attempt to serve the Lord, but he is repentant and has a godly sorrow over his sin.  He doesn't live  in it.  He repents and he depends on the grace of God through Jesus Christ.

YOU have a weird notion about Christians living in sin, and real Christians never live in sin.   A person who claims to be a Christian but lives in sin was never a Christian because that is not what Christians do.

You simply don't understand what a real Christian is.  All you can do is point a bony, judgmental finger at everyone else as if you live perfectly and are in a position to render judgment on every one else.

Do you have eternal life?  If so, what makes you think you do?

Guest Robert
5 hours ago, ZacharyB said:

kwikphilly, you do not belong here ...

unless the Lord has placed you here to teach them some spiritual Truth.

Because there is just no end to the areas in which they are ignorant.

I'm seeing people here we believe in ...

(1) OSAS, (2) the pre-trib rapture, (3) cessationism!

All of these are horrendous "doctrines of men" ...

actually horrendous doctrines of Satan taught by the churches!

If cessationism had not been taught (starting in 100 or so a.d.),

the whole world would have been evangelized centuries ago!

When the great tribulation of the antichrist comes (soon),

many so-called "believers" will fall away from the faith and be lost. 

Yes, false doctrine (originating from Satan) is like deadly poison!

Satan is "the god/ruler of this world/age" (John 12:31, 2 Cor 4:4) ...

and he is by far the greatest liar and deceiver in the history of the world.

When God said, "My people are lost for the lack of knowledge",

He was referring to His people in both of His old and new covenants.

Despite the presentation of solid Scriptural evidence, you continue to not only deny what has been spoken in the Bible (countless passages have been quoted to you), but you continue to treat the brethren here poorly even when said Scripture instructs you not to. It's also become clear you have put several people on ignore as well; that said, Scripture instructs us:

“If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother. But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that BY THE MOUTH OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES EVERY FACT MAY BE CONFIRMED. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector. Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven." (Matthew 18:15-18, NASB, emphasis mine)

I'm sorry to have to do this ZacharyB, but it's clear you will not listen to anyone. I cannot speak for anyone else here, but for myself, I will not continue to contend with someone who will not listen. And so regretfully, I wipe the dust from my shoes off in protest. I pray that you one day see the harm you have caused.

Goodbye.

Edited by RobertS

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

I'm not so certain that a list of sins condemns a person. Sinners are living lists of sin anyway, and that includes all, not just the poor church goers.

I would have thought that naming sins for what they are is a saving act, helping people to identify what is happening and giving them a chance to acknowledge the truth of God's grace towards all.

Seeing sins in the churches? Churches full of habitual sinners? 

I don't know about that, and I really don't want to know. As far as I am concerned they are just poor darlings struggling in life, all their sins combined only amount to one of mine, because I know better. But I hate false doctrine. It is better to die than to never know God. There is absolutely no point in life unless you know that you are loved by Him.

False doctrine (lies) eclipse the face of God. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

I think this will be my last post on this topic--- it gets the "Dead Horse Award"  but its not sins that separate us from God. it is SIN that separates us from God. SIN is the state of death that the unsaved individual lives in. When they trust Christs atoning sacrifice they are translated from the state of SIN to Gods life. Yes, they may commit acts of sin, but those individual acts do not damn them because they are already saved and secure in Gods family.

"If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteoousness"

but even better than that~~~~~

"For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things." and "if we are faithless God remains faithful because he can not deny Himself" -- even if we fail to confess a sin, it is still wiped from our account because we are in Gods family and under the blood