Ezra

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Days Won:  20

“A time, times, and half a time” would be a very obscure and mysterious phrase if there were no other Scriptures to clarify what it means and to show its significance.

CONNECTED WITH THE REIGN OF THE ANTICHRIST

And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings. And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. (Daniel 7:24,25).

Here we see that the Antichrist will be given “a time, and times, and the dividing of time” to have authority, to war against the saints of God, to change times and laws, and to blaspheme God.

CONNECTED WITH THE TIME OF JACOB’S TROUBLE

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book... And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders? And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished. (Daniel 12:1,6,7)

It is connected to the time of Jacob’s trouble, when Michael the archangel (with his angels) comes against Satan and his evil angels to cast them down and also protect Israel’s believing remnant.  All the prophecies given to Daniel would be “finished” or completed at that time.

CONNECTED WITH THE DESECRATION OF JERUSALEM

And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.  (Revelation 11:1,2)

This is where we first see the meaning of a time and times and the dividing of time or a time, times, and an half.  The Hebrew prophetic (luni-solar) year consists of 360 days or 12 months. Therefore 42 months would be exactly 3 ½ years. Thus “a time” = 1 year, “times” = 2 years, and “half a time” = 6 months.

CONNECTED WITH THE MINISTRY OF THE TWO PROPHETS

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. (Revelation 11:3,4)

We also see in Revelation 11 that this is the exact time during which the two prophets of God (which many believe to be Moses and Elijah) prophecy on earth during the reign of the Antichrist. Now we see this period of 3 ½ years expressed as 1,260 days.

CONNECTED WITH THE PROTECTION OF A BELIEVING REMNANT

And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days... And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. (Revelation 12:6,14).

Here  we have the clearest interpretation  of  “a time, and times, and half a time”, which is 1,260 days, which is  3 ½ years. Many Bible students and scholars interpret this “woman” to represent Israel, or more precisely redeemed Israel, and we read of her remnant being protected from Satan in the wilderness in this chapter. So while the Antichrist is controlling the unbelieving and the ungodly world, Satan is doing his utmost to destroy a believing Jewish remnant (without success).

CONNECTED WITH THE WORSHIP OF SATAN AND THE ANTICHRIST

And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. (Revelation 13:4,5).

This passage takes us right back to Daniel, which tells us about the blasphemy of the Antichrist, and the power which is given to him for 42 months, or 3 ½ years.

What these Scriptures teach is that a time is coming when God will literally give this world into the hands of the Devil, the Beast, and the False Prophet (the unholy trinity) for exactly 3 ½ years, while the Holy Spirit is taken out of the way.  This also means that the Church will be absent, but there will be (1) a protected Jewish believing remnant on earth and (2) Gentile Tribulation saints who will be martyred for refusing to take the Mark of the Beast. This is the first half of Daniel's 70th week, not the last half as some imagine.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  315
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1959

12 hours ago, Ezra said:

CONNECTED WITH THE REIGN OF THE ANTICHRIST

And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings. And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. (Daniel 7:24,25).

Here we see that the Antichrist will be given “a time, and times, and the dividing of time” to have authority, to war against the saints of God, to change times and laws, and to blaspheme God.

I would think the above would be longer space in time as to when the vision starts. 10 nation then another nation arise. I have never herd a nation rise in one day or one year maybe a war can last a day but it would grow then become a nation as we see in history.  I would not think 3 1/2 years. The word (and) not a big word but I need to think about it, could be 1000 years (and) 2000 years equals 3000 (and) minus 500 equal 2500 years or maybe 3500 years then again 1260 years. Moreover three time frames also three things that happen 10 nation rise, one nation rise, take over three nation.

13 hours ago, Ezra said:

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. (Revelation 11:3,4)

We also see in Revelation 11 that this is the exact time during which the two prophets of God (which many believe to be Moses and Elijah) prophecy on earth during the reign of the Antichrist. Now we see this period of 3 ½ years expressed as 1,260 days.

Two nations again I would think. God over and over calls nations like a tree even Israel.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,172
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Ezra,

So if you believe that the time, times & half a time is the first half of the Daniel`s week, then what do you think happens in the second part?

regards, Marilyn.

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Ezra,

So if you believe that the time, times & half a time is the first half of the Daniel`s week, then what do you think happens in the second part?

regards, Marilyn.

The Great Tribulation, which will be shortened to less than 3 1/2 years.

And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. (Mt. 24:22).

8 hours ago, ezekiel said:

I have never herd a nation rise in one day or one year maybe a war can last a day but it would grow then become a nation as we see in history. 

This period is not about nations rising and growing.  The Antichrist will take control of existing nations and then establish his reign for 3 1/2 years.

Hi Ezra,

Thank you for your reply. Now this is what you said -

What these Scriptures teach is that a time is coming when God will literally give this world into the hands of the Devil, the Beast, and the False Prophet (the unholy trinity) for exactly 3 ½ years, while the Holy Spirit is taken out of the way.  This also means that the Church will be absent, but there will be (1) a protected Jewish believing remnant on earth and (2) Gentile Tribulation saints who will be martyred for refusing to take the Mark of the Beast. This is the first half of Daniel's 70th week, not the last half as some imagine.

So can you please clarify for me - who is ruling in the last part of the 70th week?

Marilyn.

11 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

So can you please clarify for me - who is ruling in the last part of the 70th week?

God is ruling during the Great Tribulation (which is "the hour of His judgment"), as noted below. Hence the command to fear God and give glory to Him:

Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. (Rev 14:7).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Ezra said:

The Great Tribulation, which will be shortened to less than 3 1/2 years.

And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. (Mt. 24:22).

I like Mark  13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

3 hours ago, Ezra said:

God is ruling during the Great Tribulation (which is "the hour of His judgment"), as noted below. Hence the command to fear God and give glory to Him:

Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. (Rev 14:7).

Hi Ezra,

God certainly rules as He always has & will. `know that heaven rules...` `He does according to His will in the army in heaven & among the inhabitants of the earth....` (Dan. 4: 27 & 35)

And God the Father specifically says to His Son - `Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool.....rule in the midst of your enemies!` (Ps. 110: 1 & 2)

God the Father ruling, ............making enemies footstool........Christ ruling in the midst of His enemies.....

................................................................................................................................I..............(70th week)....................................(A)..I.....

(A) - `And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, & their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse & against His army.` (Rev. 19: 19)

So we see that the beast, (A/C) & the kings are ruling the nations on earth right up to Armageddon at the end of the 70th week.

Marilyn.

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

So we see that the beast, (A/C) & the kings are ruling the nations on earth right up to Armageddon at the end of the 70th week.

You could hardly call it "ruling" in view of the unprecedented judgments and plagues which are poured out upon the earth. The rulers are still around but cowering as God's wrath is poured out. We are talking about the Day of the Lord, so please review what that entails.

And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? (Rev 6:15-17).