• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

On 09 July 2016 at 2:30 PM, Rationaltheology said:

Me and a friend decided to investigate the topic of religion and wars, since this is often a topic atheists bring up saying that they are inevitably linked. We found that religion wasn't the main cause of war at all, or suffering in the world and that more deaths have resulted from atheistic communism itself in the 20th century alone compared to crimes linked to religion. You can read the post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/badhistory/comments/4ec4jy/religion_is_the_main_cause_of_war_and_the_root_of/

Amen, I got that rebuff recently "aw I don't want to talk about religion, religions is the cause of all wars"

Wow I was gobsmacked

I said religion dint cause

ww1

ww2

Vietnam

Korea

The Napoleonic wars

the Crimean war

the Boer war....

At which point he threw his hands up and fled

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/25/1942

On 7/9/2016 at 8:30 AM, Rationaltheology said:

Me and a friend decided to investigate the topic of religion and wars, since this is often a topic atheists bring up saying that they are inevitably linked. We found that religion wasn't the main cause of war at all, or suffering in the world and that more deaths have resulted from atheistic communism itself in the 20th century alone compared to crimes linked to religion. You can read the post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/badhistory/comments/4ec4jy/religion_is_the_main_cause_of_war_and_the_root_of/

Atheism, AND Communism are BOTH Just as much "Religions" as Christianity, Islam, Judaism, or Roman Catholicism.