IGNORED

Ezekiel's Temple: God's Millennial Temple

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
57 minutes ago, post said:

feasts are "for a memorial" -- e.g. the Lord's Supper is "for a memorial" -- but you imagine it will be replaced by a blasphemous sacrifice which the scripture clearly states is "for atonement for sin" and "for a guilt offering" and "for sanctification" -- not because the scripture says so, but because that's how you can make it 'make sense' to yourself. 

Yes, but I already addressed this and instead of responding to that, you go off on some breathless tangent.    The sin offering for the altar is to consecrate the altar.   No atonement for sin in an expiatory sense is included in Ezekiel's temple.  The Yom Kippur sin offering is not included in this temple.  The guilt offering is for ritual impurity, not for atonement for sin.   Sanctification, yes, for inanimate things and for those who will be performing the rituals.  But nothing approaching any kind of redemptive act is included in that.   You are simply rushing to judgment instead of actually being willing to walk through this.

yes, the sacrificial system under the old covenant pointed forward to Christ: it is a shadow, and the substance is come. but a second shadow? what, do you imagine there are two lights? and two substances? 

And in that way they served as a memorial looking forward.   In Ezekiel those sacrifices will look backward at what Christ has done.   Communion looks forward and backward as well.   Communion looks forward to the full and final blessings of redemption that will be ours in the Kingdom.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Hey Shiloh,,,

Oh dear would it be better to say these things are done for remembrance? Of course they are memorials,I don't understand it when I hear"the Scripture never said that word"......Ezra understands,yes it is a logical conclusion .....God always said His People must never forget(hence remember,memorial?)

Memorials and Shadows 29 Old Testament Remembrance Both Testaments discuss the activity of remembering in general and the subject of memorials in particular. One may conduct fruitful word studies on the “to remember” family of words in the Old Testament and the New Testament. We will summarize these studies.

http://chafer.nextmeta.com/files/v8n2_2_memorials_and_shadows.pdf

Guest shiloh357
12 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Hey Shiloh,,,

Oh dear would it be better to say these things are done for remembrance? Of course they are memorials,I don't understand it when I hear"the Scripture never said that word"......Ezra understands,yes it is a logical conclusion .....God always said His People must never forget(hence remember,memorial?)

In Hebrew a remembrance and a memorial are almost the same thing.   Memorial and Remember come from the same word in Hebrew.  A memorial is meant to bring about remembrance. :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Exactly my point Brother but I knew you got it,you've been trying to explain that in how many posts?

Hebrew a remembrance and a memorial are almost the same thing. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

17 hours ago, post said:

so it seems to me that either the new testament is lying about the significance and efficacy of Christ's sacrifice, or Ezekiel is lying about the purpose of the sacrifices being described here, or as a third option, this isn't actually describing a literal temple to be built and fully operated during a thousand year literal reign of Christ on earth. 

None of your above conclusions has any merit whatsoever. There is NO CONTRADICTION between the prophecy of Ezekiel and the sacrifice of Christ.  And there are certainly no lies in Scripture, so to even suggest that is blasphemous.

And there is absolutely no way that Ezekiel's prophecy can be dismissed as figurative, allegorical, symbolical, fantastical, or any such nonsense. 

Why can't you be content with the fact that God will make all things clear at the appropriate time?  The Millennial Temple can in no way minimize or nullify what Christ accomplished for the redemption of the human race. But only God and Christ know why there should be this Temple and those sacrifices.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

7 hours ago, Kan said:

If what you are saying is true - about the millennium etc....
why did the reformers not teach it....
or find it in the Bible....

Why have the disciples and apostles not spoken about it....
and why has Jesus never said anything about it....

You really are on your own here.....

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. Revelation 20:5-6

Why Indeed,

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. Revelation 20:7-10

Poor Brother Saul

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

~

Ever Wonder

And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night: Exodus 13:21

Why The Word

Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness. 1 Corinthians 10:1-5

Of The LORD Sent Through The Jews

I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence, And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth. Isaiah 62:6-7

And Even The Apostles

What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. Romans 3:1-2

Are Mocked

And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. Revelation 5:10

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Ezekiel 43:10 - "Son of man,

describe The Temple to The House Of Israel (THAT) They May Be Ashamed Of Their Iniquities;

and let them measure The Pattern. And (IF) They Are Ashamed Of All They Have Done

make known to them the design of The Temple . . ."

- Ezekiel's Temple Vision was for Israel's 2nd Temple.

- Instead the Temples Israel received was from The Patterns of King Cyrus and King Herod.