• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/05/1999

Hi! My name is Erika, I am new here, and I need an advice.

You know, I was baptized when I was a baby, I had First Holy Communion and Confirmation, but I was never a real Christian. My parents never talked to me about God or anything in that topic. Since I was born (I am 17) my father was in church (more like because he had to be there) maybe 5 times. My mother used to go, but she has anxiety and she stopped to go when I was 5 years old. I had religion in school but, one class a week? You think that child can understand to something it hears for the first time?

So, I stopped to go to church because I didnt see the point.

Now, when I was 15, I dont know how but I started to feel the need for God.  Somehow I knew that He is what I miss in my life. But, I didnt know what to do. So I went to church after all these years. But since then, I have weird mixed feelings. I go to church, and then I stop because I dont want to go there (I dont really know why). I feel like a hypocrite. On the one hand, I speak about God to other people and on the other hand, I cant find a way towards Him.

Imagine that you come home from church, happy and with praise song still in your heart, but all you hear at home is screaming and swearing. You forget everything you heard and you cant think about anything else but when will it finally end.

You know, I have a sin from which I can not find a way out. I say God´s name in vain a lot. And I swear. But, how can I stop when I hear it all around me? Mainly at home.

When I sin and I dont pray I feel empty. How can I get to know God better when I have no one to talk to about Him? I dont understand to many things. How can I read the Holy Bible when I dont understand? I dont know anything from Bible and I feel really embrassed about it.

I dont really know why I wrote this. I have mess in my head. I just need some words of encouragement.

God bless you all.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English. J

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me. (

Psalm 23, 4)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

The short answer....We all go through peaks and valleys.  I always found that just pressing through the valleys has helped me.  If you draw near to God he will draw near to you.  He is always there.  I have a lot of times where I feel my prayers are hitting the ceiling and coming back.  But I have to remember that is my feeling not Gods.  I have to have faith that He is hearing my prayers.  As I push through that valley, I soon find myself on another peak.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,828
  • Content Per Day:  4.76
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Praying for you, Erica.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Erica,

We were created for a relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

Are you a born again Christian?  Have you made Jesus the Lord of your life.  You can go to God and ask His forgiveness of your sins.  The Bible says we all have sinned.  When you confess your sins then ask Jesus into your heart.  He will come into your life and fill you up with Spirit.  Jesus died on the cross for your sins and He loves you.  He is anxious to share His Love with you all you have to do is just accept it.

I would suggest you get a Bible and start in the Book of John.  Pray daily and read His Word.  If you have questions we are here for you.

Blessings RustyAngeL

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

Praying for you , God bless you dear 

• Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/11/1978

The Reason You Are Hveing this Problem is because you hold little vaule in the word of God. You are not in love with Jesus.   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 7/13/2016 at 11:37 PM, jaso96nezzer78 said:

The Reason You Are Hveing this Problem is because you hold little vaule in the word of God. You are not in love with Jesus.   

Jaso,

We are not here to judge people.  You do not know this girls heart.  I would suggest that you take a few steps back and stop  judging. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/05/1999

Thank you all so much for your replies. I value each one of them. It´s been better and a bit calmer at my home and I have been able to think more clearly and talk to God.

God bless you all.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

Excellent news!!!