Dont know what to do

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello all and hope you are doing well today.  I found this site while in the search of trying to find others to talk with about what was going on my life.  I have been a Christian for many years and did stray away for some time but found my way back about 6 years ago.  Have experienced many ups and downs over the years which is normal.  But lately things have been so hard and I am going through the hardest time ever in my life.  I pray and pray, study and read but nothing is getting better.  I do believe that I can do all things through him that gives me strength and that he is always there, even closer when you are going through times of trouble.  But times are so hard right now and praying for strength and guidance, but seems like my world is falling apart piece by piece.  Every time something good happens it is withing just a few hours that something bad happens and it is not just one thing it is many.  Whenever one good thing happens it is like three bad things happen and it is tearing me down.  I feel so broken, so empty inside like life is just crushing me.  I have spoken to my pastor (who is now on mission trip for next two weeks) and felt better after leaving just to wake up the next morning to crushing news.  I just dont know what to do, or say and came here trying to find others to talk too.  Sorry for going on but it feels like im out of options and just dont know what to do.  Open to any input and hope you have a good day.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Brother.....

Again,Welcome to Worthy,,,,,it is obvious you are really reaching out for some encouragement,,,,you've come to the right place!!!

I have no idea what your current circumstances are CAB,but I can tell you that God is NOT a God of circumstance and that He is with you every second of every minute,every day & all the while through it,,,,,,,"Why worry about tomorrow when today has enough catres of it's own?"Says our Lord.....& He commands us,that's right COMMANDS,it is not a suggestion,,,,,,,,,DO NOT FEAR.....DO NOT WORRY.....DO NOT BE ANXIOUS FOR ANYTHING.......that is pretty encouraging Words,He is Faithful to His Word & He assures us that it is a complete waste of our time to worry.....Glory to God!

I was in a terrible situation but I knew without a shadow of doubt that my Heavenly Father would carry me through it,,,,,I had been diagnosed with INCURABLE cancer,someone stole the deed to my house,the threat of homelessness was trying to instill fear DAILY & I had zero income until disability came through and when it finally did it was ridiculous,couldn't support a mouse!!!!!! Things spiraled downward for 6 YEARS but I was still alive,lol,,,,,,should have dies 5 & 1/2 years earlier!!!!My home was just about ready to be sold from under me & then WHAM,the Year of Jubilee,,,,,,no cancer,got my deed back,got a husband,new car,debt paid,,,,,,& on & on & on

You see CAB,Paul the Apostle asked God 3 times to remove that thorn,,,,,God said NO,My Grace is Sufficient    Paul learned how to be content in all circumstance,in lack & in abundance,in sorrow & in happiness,in jail & free,in pain & in comfort             He prayed without ceasing,yes,but he was Eternal Minded,he had the Heart & Mind of Christ as he walked in Spirit & in Truth,,,,,,,,,,he had a life more abundant,in every situation     You too,can have that......I do,Praise Jesus! And CAB,I am no one special,the very least,I deserve nothing,I do nothing better than anyone else,,,,,,,,,,,but I know how to Praise God,how to say "THank You,Your Grace IS INDEED SUFFICIENT............and the more we give,the more we encourage,the more we praise,the more we focus on Jesus,,,,the less we think about ourselves or our circumstance       and those circumstances are of no consequence to the Love,the Joy,the Peace,the Comfort we RECEIVE       We have to Trust God with it all and REJOICE in the Joy of our Salvation.............I hope this helps,I have no doubt that you can have a heart filled with the Joy of the Lord because of His Love,Grace,Mercy & Compassion    He works all things for the good of those that love Him,according to the Purpose of His Calling        Whatever the circumstance be filled with Joy & the knowledge that it is a learning curve & one day you will say"Ah,that bis why I needed to go through that"when one day "your story" lifts someone else up

Think of it this way,when it is all said & done,if you knew that this situation will result in your being a Living TEstimony for the Glory of God that will save just one soul,wouldn't it all be worth it?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

I agree with what you have said and I want nothing more than to be filled with the Joy of the Lord.  I want to praise him and worship all day long,  What I am facing right now is that I continue to feel empty and broken.  Every time something good happens and I say thank you to God it is within a very short time that things start heading back down hill and all seems to start crashing down on me.  This seems to be happening daily now and joy comes and then turns around and get sucker punched with something bad.  I will start reading and studying and start feeling really good and say thank you to God and then boom out of no where get hit again.  Trying to make it through each day but it honestly feels like I am loosing more and more of my self everyday.  I know that life is going to have its challenges and will get knocked down and that everything here on earth will not be a bed of roses, but I am just trying to find out what I need to do because it is getting harder and harder and I just get worse everyday.  Everything that is going on is taking it all out of me and bringing me down lower and lower everyday, and somedays dont even have the strength to get out of bed.  The last couple of years have been really rough on me and I just feel like I cannot do it anymore.  I cant take no more and just want to through it in and give up.  Not to the point where I would ever do anything dumb just want to stay in bed and not move anymore.  I came here for help not for pity, and really want to get through this and be able to come out the other side.  Couple of months ago I was reading and studying and got a vision of what I should be doing in my life by serving others and the part that I just cannot grasp is that if this vision is giving to me then why do I seem to be going down hill and feeling more and more empty inside?  Why do is the feeling of hurting so bad each and everyday keep happening?  I am just so confused and cannot make sense of it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

You said;

I came here for help not for pity, and really want to get through this and be able to come out the other side.Bad things happen all the time."

I read both your posts and the above, which I quoted,  is the best thing you have said so far.

Hi Cab. Bad things happen to everyone, every day. If you had time I could write one thousand pages of all the trials, tribulations, horrors I have witnessed, including deaths where bodies have squashed, pierced, been torn to shreds and body parts carried away by seagulls, ants, etc, and probably only cover one third of my early life, not to mention the next 40 years.

I suppose I could also as an example give you some of the things the apostle Paul went through;

2 Corinthians 11:24-31;

V. 24, Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
    V. 25, Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
    V. 26, In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
    V. 27, In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
    V. 28, Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.
    V. 29, Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not?
    V. 30, If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities.
    V. 31, The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.

Mate, all we can do is Get Up, brush ourselves off, thank God for the mercies and blessing we do get from Him, and get on with our lives doing the best we can until the end.

I was once the king of mockers of God, a vile and terrible man, a sinner of the worse kind, and I changed. Once I changed, I was ridiculed, abused, made fun of, mocked and even hated by the very people I thought were friends, close acquaintances., even family members, people I had done nothing more to, than help them, I even saved many of them, their lives,  .  .  .  .  .  .  ?  .  .  and after conversion. I expected nothing less? Jesus warned me!

Mathew 10:22, And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

So lets just try and overcome all our sorrows, our guilt, and endure to the end. The rewards are unbelievable and well worth it.

Revelation  2:26, And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

1 Corinthians 2:9, But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Hebrews 11:16, But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

I pray this helps mate.

P.S. Don't think the old adversary and his rebel angels is gonna leave us alone either. His full time job is to devour as many of us as he can, if we let him, which we wont, will we? M8:thumbsup:

1 Peter 5:8, Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Edited by HAZARD

Blessings CAB......

You will never get pity from me,most times I find it very difficult to understand self -pity or "woe is me":,,,,,you said you want help,so buckle up my Brother,,,,,,,I'll tell you like it is if you are prepared to hear it......

You are feeling sorry for yourself,notice anything that stands out about that statement? Well" your"SELF",,,,,"I" am  broken,"I" can't do it any more,"I"am losing more,all I am hearing is all about you,,,,,,you say you want to Praise God BUT,I want JOy BUT,I start toi read His Word BUT,,,,,,MY Friend,the devil comes to steal,kill & destroy,the insidious spirit of pride has made it's way into your mind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Okay,so now what,right? Simple",RESIST THE DEVIL & HE WILL FLEE"

CAB,you have to renew your mind,if you truly want to be transformed into a New Creature in Christ Jesus to the fullest capacity you have to forsake 'self",submit to Him.......your asking what do "I" have to do,,,,,nothing,let go & God Will.......and it begins with renewing your mind,fill it right to the brim with Gods Word,Praise,Prayer,Worship,Heavenly thoughts,Jesus,things Above,,,,,etc,,,etc,,,etc,,,,,

When you feel low,think high,,,,,,speak with your mouth & your Authority in Christ"devil,you are a liar,,,,,Gods Truth is that I have the Joy of the Lord because this is the day HE made ,I will Rejoice & be glad in it!!!!    You're under attack,what Christian isn't ? If you are not bumping heads with the enemy then you are walking on the same side of the street  as him,in the direction he is walking!!!!

You have given me a perfect picture of the cycle,the enemy knows exactly how to press your buttons,,,,,,he will start praising & I tell him he is miserable,he will start giving thanksgiving & I'll tell him,what is to thank,look how bad off he is,,,,,& so on & so on,,,,beat him at his own game,,,,,they are feeble attempts to kill ,steal & destroy

Shout about what you do NOT have,instead of feeling depressed with a NEW perspective   I do NOt have a seeing eye dog,I do NOT have prosthetic limbs,I do NOT have an oxygen tank,I do NOT have a 24hr nurse,I do NOT have a cardboard box to live in       Renew your mind & again,keep your eyes on Jesus,Peter started to sink when he realized the wind,the waves,the depths,the storm,,,,,He took his eyes of Jesus for one moment                               With love-in Christ<Kwik

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings CAB......

You will never get pity from me,most times I find it very difficult to understand self -pity or "woe is me":,,,,,you said you want help,so buckle up my Brother,,,,,,,I'll tell you like it is if you are prepared to hear it......

You are feeling sorry for yourself,notice anything that stands out about that statement? Well" your"SELF",,,,,"I" am  broken,"I" can't do it any more,"I"am losing more,all I am hearing is all about you,,,,,,you say you want to Praise God BUT,I want JOy BUT,I start toi read His Word BUT,,,,,,MY Friend,the devil comes to steal,kill & destroy,the insidious spirit of pride has made it's way into your mind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Okay,so now what,right? Simple",RESIST THE DEVIL & HE WILL FLEE"

CAB,you have to renew your mind,if you truly want to be transformed into a New Creature in Christ Jesus to the fullest capacity you have to forsake 'self",submit to Him.......your asking what do "I" have to do,,,,,nothing,let go & God Will.......and it begins with renewing your mind,fill it right to the brim with Gods Word,Praise,Prayer,Worship,Heavenly thoughts,Jesus,things Above,,,,,etc,,,etc,,,etc,,,,,

When you feel low,think high,,,,,,speak with your mouth & your Authority in Christ"devil,you are a liar,,,,,Gods Truth is that I have the Joy of the Lord because this is the day HE made ,I will Rejoice & be glad in it!!!!    You're under attack,what Christian isn't ? If you are not bumping heads with the enemy then you are walking on the same side of the street  as him,in the direction he is walking!!!!

You have given me a perfect picture of the cycle,the enemy knows exactly how to press your buttons,,,,,,he will start praising & I tell him he is miserable,he will start giving thanksgiving & I'll tell him,what is to thank,look how bad off he is,,,,,& so on & so on,,,,beat him at his own game,,,,,they are feeble attempts to kill ,steal & destroy

Shout about what you do NOT have,instead of feeling depressed with a NEW perspective   I do NOt have a seeing eye dog,I do NOT have prosthetic limbs,I do NOT have an oxygen tank,I do NOT have a 24hr nurse,I do NOT have a cardboard box to live in       Renew your mind & again,keep your eyes on Jesus,Peter started to sink when he realized the wind,the waves,the depths,the storm,,,,,He took his eyes of Jesus for one moment                               With love-in Christ<Kwik

Now that's good advice,  :thumbsup:

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Continue to pray. Stay very close to God. Sometimes we think our prayers are bouncing off the wall but they are not. He is listening to everyone of our prayers and he is always in us through the Holy Spirit. God will open and close door according to what His will and plan is for our lives. In the mean time increase your faith. Sit back and see what God is going to do in your life. God is beyond our human understanding and his timing is different than our timing. God Bless and I will pray for you :th_praying:.

Hey CAB

In case you didn't notice,we love you,we are concerned for you & we wait with GREAT EXPECTATIONS for that Joy of the Lord to Fill you up because our HOPE is always remains in Christ......

I heard 3 sermons this morning & I cannot stop thinking about you.....the 1st was centered around Isaiah 52

Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when the Lord shall bring again Zion.

Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem: for the Lord hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem.

It is very easy to praise the Lord & give thanks to God in good times,we must learn to Rejoice from the ruins.....by FAITH,Trusting

The second sermon was about "motives",,,,,,the true condition of our hearts,

Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to Your name give glory because of Your lovingkindness, because of Your truth [or, faithfulness]. Why should the nations say, ‘Where, now, is their God?’ But our God is in the heavens; He does whatever He pleases.      Psalm 115:1-3

"Not to us,not to us"..........JUst because HE IS Almighty Sovereign God      Also,in Psalm 22,David cries out.....

To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?                              Psalm 22:1

But here is the BEST part of Psalm 22...."and YET"...."BUT"

But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

Yes,just because He is Holy   & He is with us!!!!

Thirdly,was Elijah......from 1 Kings.......WOW,Elijah,He had a Word from God and called to all the nations ,he was bold enough to simply Trust God at His Word,Faithful to the God that First Loved us,,,,,even the king listened to this man of God,,,,,

Be BOLD & confident in what God has shown you CAB,,,,,let your HOPE remain in Christ,stand on Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

Don't you listen to that ole liar devil.......Stand Firm on the POsition of VICTORY that Jesus has afforded you!!!!!      God Loves you,Praise Jesus(& so do I)

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 7/11/2016 at 2:17 PM, CAB59 said:

I just dont know what to do, or say and came here trying to find others to talk too.

Just fight the good fight of faith, and keep on fighting. Flight is not an option. I speak from personal experience.

Thanks everyone for your input and your encouraging words.  I am am trying and fighting my hardest.  Have read what everyone has posted, have been reading and studying the Bible and praying every chance I get even when I get in the vehicle to drive.  Am praying for strength, wisdom and guidance and yes have used the word "I" a lot in my post.  Even though I know he is there and keep praying to him things just keep getting worse everyday and feel like Im about to have a nervous breakdown.  Time is running out on a few things that is going on in my life right now and the pressure that is being put upon me is just more than I can handle right now.  Dont know what to do.  With a snap of the fingers I know he can change anything and make miracles happen, but I just cannot get out of this depression that I am going through right now.  Every phone call every minute that goes by and every negative thing that is happening throughout the day is just tearing me more and more apart.  Im just tired.

Edited by CAB59