• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Spock to Marilyn,

`as I recall, I know you don't believe America is mystery Babylon, but do you see a possibility that NYC could be the city Rev 17/18 is talking about?  It sure seems like NYC can "possibly" meet most if not all of those requirements.`

Hi Spock,

I didn`t want to get that thread off topic so am giving my answer here which will probably lead to a wider discussion.

Now I will surprise you by saying that – yes I do see NYC, (the financial aspect) as part of the `Babylonian Commercial spirit.` It is also evident in other places, London & Brussels etc as main ones. However.....I do not see NYC as the final resting place of that Babylonian Commercial spirit, (incorporating finance and commerce).

Now we know that the false prophet eventually heads up the economic aspect of the Global government. This economic area involves – the financial systems, the commercial enterprises & the multinationals. And these we can clearly see today operating across the world in every country & step by step being interrelated.

Now I see that when the EU`s central control eventually gets their hands on its individual countries fiscal plans, then it will become the headquarters of the Global Economic Community, (a market economy). Then eventually when the Global leader arises & deceives the world` s leaders, then I see that the Common Market apparatus, (finance, commerce, multinationals) will all get transferred to the actual city of Babylon.

`The angel who talked with me came out & said to me, “Lift your eyes now, & see what this is that goes forth.” So I asked, “What is it?”And he said, “This is a basket  that goes forth.”  He also said, “This is their resemblance throughout the earth......

I said to the angel who talked with me, “Where are they carrying the basket?” And he said to me, “To build a house for it in the land of Shinar; when it is ready, the basket will be set there on its base.” (Zech. 5: 5 & 6,  10 & 11)

The basket is an ephah, a measuring container – symbol of the economic.

The land of Shinar – Babylonia.

Thus I see the final resting place of this evil Babylonian Economic System will be in the city of Babylon in Iraq.

Quite a bit to discuss there. Looking forward to your comments & also what others think.

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

17 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Thus I see the final resting place of this evil Babylonian Economic System will be in the city of Babylon in Iraq.

I have said this all along.  While we do not know how everything will lead to that, we should not transpose things in the Bible and go off on flights of fancy.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

17 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Spock to Marilyn,

`as I recall, I know you don't believe America is mystery Babylon, but do you see a possibility that NYC could be the city Rev 17/18 is talking about?  It sure seems like NYC can "possibly" meet most if not all of those requirements.`

Hi Spock,

I didn`t want to get that thread off topic so am giving my answer here which will probably lead to a wider discussion.

Now I will surprise you by saying that – yes I do see NYC, (the financial aspect) as part of the `Babylonian Commercial spirit.` It is also evident in other places, London & Brussels etc as main ones. However.....I do not see NYC as the final resting place of that Babylonian Commercial spirit, (incorporating finance and commerce).

Now we know that the false prophet eventually heads up the economic aspect of the Global government. This economic area involves – the financial systems, the commercial enterprises & the multinationals. And these we can clearly see today operating across the world in every country & step by step being interrelated.

Now I see that when the EU`s central control eventually gets their hands on its individual countries fiscal plans, then it will become the headquarters of the Global Economic Community, (a market economy). Then eventually when the Global leader arises & deceives the world` s leaders, then I see that the Common Market apparatus, (finance, commerce, multinationals) will all get transferred to the actual city of Babylon.

`The angel who talked with me came out & said to me, “Lift your eyes now, & see what this is that goes forth.” So I asked, “What is it?”And he said, “This is a basket  that goes forth.”  He also said, “This is their resemblance throughout the earth......

I said to the angel who talked with me, “Where are they carrying the basket?” And he said to me, “To build a house for it in the land of Shinar; when it is ready, the basket will be set there on its base.” (Zech. 5: 5 & 6,  10 & 11)

The basket is an ephah, a measuring container – symbol of the economic.

The land of Shinar – Babylonia.

Quite a bit to discuss there. Looking forward to your comments & also what others think.

Marilyn.

“What is it?”

He replied, “It is a basket.” And he added, “This is the iniquityb of the people throughout the land.”

7Then the cover of lead was raised, and there in the basket sat a woman! 8He said, “This is wickedness,” and he pushed her back into the basket and pushed its lead cover down on it.

9Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings! They had wings like those of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between heaven and earth.

10“Where are they taking the basket?” I asked the angel who was speaking to me.

11He replied, “To the country of Babyloniac to build a house for it. When the house is ready, the basket will be set there in its place.”

spock:. Marilyn, I'm not so sure this is talking about Babylon the city.  It says "the COUNTRY of Babylonia. To build a house for it... When the house is ready..."

I'm not sure why you seem to think this country and house has to be in the city of Babylon, Iraq. It seems like these two women had to wait for the house and or country to be built. America wasn't America as we know it back when these words were spoken.  Babylon was. What needed to be built?  

Maybe this is my imagination running wild, but could this be the Statue of Liberty - a WOMAN waiting to be placed on her pedestal?  That woman used to symbolize our freedom after all comes from idols. 

I believe the nearest town to the Statue of Liberty is Babylon, NY. I know I read somewhere there was some connection between Babylon and the Statute.  I may have to find it again.

spock

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Marilyn and Ezra,

in addition, this could mean MODERN BABYLON. Revelation would say ROME was Babylon. Maybe today it is NYC.  I don't really know, but my gut tells me today's Babylon in Iraq is not a player. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

6 hours ago, Ezra said:

I have said this all along.  While we do not know how everything will lead to that, we should not transpose things in the Bible and go off on flights of fancy.

Hi Ezra,

Glad we can agree. Now when you said `flights of fancy` were you referring to anything in the OP?

Marilyn.

6 hours ago, Spock said:

“What is it?”

He replied, “It is a basket.” And he added, “This is the iniquityb of the people throughout the land.”

7Then the cover of lead was raised, and there in the basket sat a woman! 8He said, “This is wickedness,” and he pushed her back into the basket and pushed its lead cover down on it.

9Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings! They had wings like those of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between heaven and earth.

10“Where are they taking the basket?” I asked the angel who was speaking to me.

11He replied, “To the country of Babyloniac to build a house for it. When the house is ready, the basket will be set there in its place.”

spock:. Marilyn, I'm not so sure this is talking about Babylon the city.  It says "the COUNTRY of Babylonia. To build a house for it... When the house is ready..."

I'm not sure why you seem to think this country and house has to be in the city of Babylon, Iraq. It seems like these two women had to wait for the house and or country to be built. America wasn't America as we know it back when these words were spoken.  Babylon was. What needed to be built?  

Maybe this is my imagination running wild, but could this be the Statue of Liberty - a WOMAN waiting to be placed on her pedestal?  That woman used to symbolize our freedom after all comes from idols. 

I believe the nearest town to the Statue of Liberty is Babylon, NY. I know I read somewhere there was some connection between Babylon and the Statute.  I may have to find it again.

spock

Hi Spock,

I think we need to keep to what God`s interpretation of this symbolic picture is.

Basket – Heb. `ephah` - a measure – symbolic of commerce, economics.

Woman – wickedness, false religion.

Babylonia - The land of Shinar.

House – temple. (Heb. `bayith,` house, palace, temple, place, etc)

Thus we see that this Hebrew idiom represents the 2 aspects of man`s government – economics & religion. The infrastructure of these will be taken from its central place to Babylon in Iraq, (Babylonia – Shinar) where its place, (temple, palace) will be built.

This is the exact spot where mankind started to establish his government after the flood – “Let us make a name for ourselves.” They built a city & a tall tower. (Gen. 11: 2 – 4)

In Isaiah we see that God is talking about the King of Babylon, however He goes beyond the King at that time, (OT) & we realise that God is also referring to Lucifer, & then to the last ruler of Babylon. (Isa. 14: 4, 12, 16....)

Regards, Marilyn.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Ezra,

Glad we can agree. Now when you said `flights of fancy` were you referring to anything in the OP?

Marilyn.

No. Just the idea of making NYC into Babylon.  That is a stretch, since it is thousands of miles away from the action. We also read about the river Euphrates being dried up (Rev 16:12), and that would certainly not be the Hudson river. Also the four avenging angels connected with the Euphrates.

Thanks Ezra,

;) That makes sense.

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

Hi Spock,

May I show you something?..... I see that you desire truth & are trying to understand God`s symbols.

`Maybe this is my imagination running wild, but could this be the Statue of Liberty - a WOMAN waiting to be placed on her pedestal?`  

So let`s use this method of interpretation –

Woman/own base. (Zech. 5) -  Statue of Liberty, a woman on a pedestal.

Lamb of God. (Rev. 5: 6) – a lamb.

Sharp word out of mouth. (Rev. 19: 15) –a sword out of a mouth.

Now let`s use God`s interpretation -

Woman/own base. (Zech. 5) -  Wickedness/ Shinar. (Zech. 5: 8 & 11)

Lamb of God. (Rev. 5: 6) – Christ`s sacrifice. (John 1: 29)

Sharp word out of mouth. (Rev. 19: 15) – the word of God. (Heb. 4: 12)

So you can see we can rely on the Lord to show us exactly what He means.

Hope that helps, bro. :)   Marilyn.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

13 hours ago, Spock said:

in addition, this could mean MODERN BABYLON. Revelation would say ROME was Babylon. Maybe today it is NYC.  I don't really know, but my gut tells me today's Babylon in Iraq is not a player. 

In Rev 17 Babylon the city is described as:

• "The woman whom you saw is the great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.”  Revelation 17:18

To me, NYC qualifies both because the UN headquarters is there and it fits the Rev 18 description.  Things can change but if the 10 leaders act anytime soon, the likely target is NYC.