IGNORED

Is Jesus just a good moral teacher? Or is He more?

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Is Jesus just a good moral teacher?  Or is He more?

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

“I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept his claim to be God. That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic — on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg — or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse. You can shut him up for a fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God, but let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about his being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.”

― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

OK, He is more then just a good teacher, He is the Creator of the universe, the Beginning and the End, Alpha and Omega, The one that gave everything for me, The one that gives me eternal life.   He is the Savior and Lord of my life, the lover of my soul, the one who knows all about me and loves me anyway.  

Did I get it right?

Blessings RustyAngeL

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Seekers,guests.....friends

We welcome you to Worthy & look forward to hearing from you,,,,,,,WOW,this is a great Topic,just like the title of a book I read 'JESUS,Liar,Lunatic or Lord God"

Yes,He can only be ONE,The Bible provides irrefutable evidence that Jesus is Who He says HE IS,,,,,The Great I AM,King of kings & Lord of lords.......How do we know this,by our Faith......"Faith comes by hearing,hearing the Word of God" ,,,,,,do you have Faith,,,,,,in what,who,Who is Jesus to you?

With love-in Christ,kwik

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

WOW,this is a great Topic,just like the title of a book I read 'JESUS,Liar,Lunatic or Lord God"

The Lord, Liar, or Lunatic option set, presents a good argument, There is a missing L option though.

It is possible, that the options are Lord, Liar, Lunatic, or Legend. Still though the evidence is clear, that Lord, is the only one that stands up to scrutiny.

Hey Mega,,,

This is true & I am quite sure there are many other "L" options but is is a book title,a very good book too.I believe the same author wrote "The New Evidence"   there are volumes I & II,you may have read them.....all references are Scripture                                           With love-in Christ,Kwik

7 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Hey Mega,,,

This is true & I am quite sure there are many other "L" options but is is a book title,a very good book too.I believe the same author wrote "The New Evidence"   there are volumes I & II,you may have read them.....all references are Scripture                                           With love-in Christ,Kwik

Are you referring to "Evidence that Demands a Verdict", and "New Evidence that Demands a Verdict" by Josh McDpwell?

lol.....Yes Mega,that's it!   It was driving me nuts & this morning I went to look through my books to find the Author,I could have saved much energy had I logged on here first!!!!   Spot on Broiher,I kinda figured there was a good chance you've read them.....I like his writing,you?

On 7/22/2016 at 8:50 AM, kwikphilly said:

lol.....Yes Mega,that's it!   It was driving me nuts & this morning I went to look through my books to find the Author,I could have saved much energy had I logged on here first!!!!   Spot on Broiher,I kinda figured there was a good chance you've read them.....I like his writing,you?

Yes, I like it. In the early 1980s, I had a tape, tract, and roadside services ministry, called Crossfire Ministries. One of the things I did was replicate cassette tapes for redistribution at no charge. Among those, were some by Josh McDowell, based on that book. As good as his books were, his lectures were a lot of fun, back in the days of Campus Crudade for Christ. I believe they are now known as CRU, so as not to offend the sensibilities of Muslims. While I am not a fan of being politically correct, I do think that one was a good choice.

Oh gee Mega,Crossfire Ministries sounds very familiar to me,really rings a bell......I wonder why that is? Did you distribute in Fla,NY or did you advertise?I can't help but think I got something from your Ministry ,once upon a time.....perhaps I was visiting a relative in California & was Blessed on the roadside? Hmmmmm

With love-your Sis