IGNORED

Is Jesus just a good moral teacher? Or is He more?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 7/24/2016 at 9:11 AM, kwikphilly said:

Oh gee Mega,Crossfire Ministries sounds very familiar to me,really rings a bell......I wonder why that is? Did you distribute in Fla,NY or did you advertise?I can't help but think I got something from your Ministry ,once upon a time.....perhaps I was visiting a relative in California & was Blessed on the roadside? Hmmmmm

Crossfire Ministries is probably just a common name. It was operational only from 1981 to 1990. It is doubtful that I distributed much, if anything, to the east coast. I had no budget for advertising. Most of my activity, was distributing tracts and tapes to Christians in local churches for redistribution to others. There were also people who learned of the ministry from a pre-internet bulletin board system.

I also distributed to special events. For example there was a special evolution event at the Los Angeles Museum of Natural History. I tagged the windshields of the cars in the parking lot, with cassette tapes comparing evidence of evolution and creation.

I kept my Chevy van with with things like universal fan belts, hoses, water, fuel, jumper cables, did tire repair,   things like that, for stranded motorists in need. Remember, this was before cell phones were normal. I just sort of drove around looking for people to help. People would usually offer money, which I would refuse, and most often people would ask why I do this . . . that was my opening. Chances are, we never met under those circumstance.

Now, how to make this relate to the thread . . .

Jesus was not just a great moral teacher, but His teaching and example, has served for thousands of years to inspire His followers to continue His work of serving mankind. If He was only a moral teacher, we have plenty of those, but only One who has ever died on the cross for our sins, and only One who rose from the dead. His uniqueness is what makes Him worthy of our devotion, instead of just being some 'nice guy' I admire, but would not spent my life serving. If He is not still alive, then I am wasting my time, and still lost in my sin, and so are all.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Hiya Mega

So cool,I suppose it is a name that could be common,,,,,I certainly would have remembered if I was stuck on the road in Cali & someone helped me-lol   It would not have surprised me though if we did meet,God does some pretty Amazing things,,,,,& it would be great to meet you in person,when I get out that way to see Rust we will have to arrange it......maybe next year? God Willing

I love what you just said about Jesus,Amen! Yes,so much more than just a moral teacher,good man,nice guy,,,,,ONE of a Kind,God in the flesh,the ONE Who gave His Life for everyone,even the worst of the worst,it is hard enough to be willing to die for someone good,kind or innocent BUT for the bad,the unkind,guilty? HMMM? 

He died for me,I live BECAUSE OF & for HIM                                         Praise Jesus!                                   With love-in Christ,Kwik