• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

1 Corinthians 6:12-20   I can't find that verse where it talks about thief's and liars and homosexuality cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.

Edited by tigger398

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, tigger398 said:

1 Corinthians 6:12-20   I can't find that verse where it talks about thief's and liars and homosexuality cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.

I Corinthians 6: 9

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

15 hours ago, gerbilgirl said:

I'm not sure how old you think I am....
but I think my username makes me sound younger than I actually am.  I'm 22....
I've even taken 1 college level Christian-based religion class....
I've also attended Catholic religious education classes.... 
While I'll admit homosexuality didn't come up much....
I do know about the Bible.....

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved Sister, You Are Welcome Here And You'll Do Just Fine

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

As Long As You Will Always Turn To God

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Matthew 5:18

While Refraining From

And they said, There is no hope: but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart. Jeremiah 18:12

Kicking Sinners

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

Into Hell

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Romans 1:21-32

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

10 hours ago, gerbilgirl said:

the Old Testament doesn't (dare I say "shouldn't?") settle any issue because....
Romans 10:4 says that Christ is the end of the law.....

>For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. Romans 10:3-4<

Because, as Hebrews 8:13 says, the old law is obsolete and aging."....

>For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
Hebrews 8:10-13<

:emot-heartbeat:

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. Jeremiah 31:31-34

:sherlock:

What Did Jesus Say (WDJS)

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Matthew 5:18

And The Holy

There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: Romans 3:18-22

Spirit

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3:23-28

~

Dear

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

Reader

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. Romans 10:8-11

Will You Believe?

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Corinthians 5:20-21

Love, Your Brother Joe

Guest Robert
2 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

That article is a hermeneutical train wreck.  It's both amusing and sad when someone like Erica Simons does something like this.  They don't really understand the Bible, so they take what someone else says about it, in this case, Matthew Vines and they just run with it.  Then they throw some of their own personal tripe in with it and perform the equivalent of a biblical Slice & Dice.

First of all, Matthew Vines is an LGBT activist, and he is openly gay.  That means his studies of the Bible are not about gaining the truth about the Bible, his studies are aimed at re-working the Bible in an attempt to make it fit his lifestyle, so he won't have to change it.  He is attempting to rationalize and justify his sin.  Homosexuality is already condemned in the Bible.  He knows that, but he doesn't like it, so he does a re-work on what scripture says, trying to re-explain it so suddenly, homosexuality is no longer a sin.

First of all, above anything else, the only relationship that God, or Jesus say is acceptable when it comes to a sexual relationship is a man and a woman in a marital relationship.  God considers no relationship, outside of that as either normal, or acceptable.  Every other form of sexual relationship is a satanic counterfeit.

Simon's and Vine's points are easily countered, and they are not any points that Mel White, or Rick Brentlinger or others haven't used before that have already been debunked many times over.  They are just getting a new lease on "life" through Vine's.  The verses have to be re-written or minimized because taken just simply for what they say, they make homosexuality a forbidden lifestyle for a Christian.  Most homosexuality-justifying writers try and say that Sodom & Gomorrah's sins were a "lack of hospitality."  Vines tries to say it's gang rape.  Luckily, Jude tells us why Sodom & Gomorrah were destroyed:

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. (KJV)

Then Simon's travels down the road that others have already tread, mixing Mosaic Law up in a blender so every law mentioned is equivalent to every other.  There are 3 components to Mosaic Law.  Civil, Ceremonial, and Moral.  Simon's says Jesus is the "end" of the Law.  Odd choice of a word.  Jesus said Himself that he didn't come to abolish the Law, but to fulfill it.   Jesus' fulfillment of the law fulfilled the civil and ceremonial laws, but Jesus re-affirms all 10 commandments except the Sabbath meaning that the moral components are still in affect, including homosexuality.  It's still forbidden in the New Testament.

They both really mess up and take liberties with Romans 1.  They obviously don't understand that section, and they don't want to.  Paul isn't going to be talking about a same-sex relationship in the vernacular of two people of the same sex in a monogomous, loving relationship because same-sex relationships are forbidden no matter what.  In Romans 1, Paul is clearly talking about emn and woman giving up normal sexual relationships, i.e. a man and a woman, and instead turning to abnormal sexual relationships, i.e., a man with a man or a woman with a woman.  Romans 1 has nothing to do with temple prostitutes, or men with boys outside their marriage.  Paul is condemning homosexual relationships.

What they do with 1 Corinthians 6:9 and 1 Timothy 1:10 is even worse.  These people who say that we don't really know what the words "malakoi" and "arsenokaitai" mean and that Greek Scholars, theologians and even Paul himself didn't know make me laugh.  Because they tell us no one really knows what they mean, but they then go on to tell us what they mean.  Or what they don't mean.  Depending on what point of view they are trying to justify.  In these two verses, Paul is actually re-enforcing the language in Leviticus of "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman."  He is using the words to illustrate the active and passive persons in the homosexual act and they are still spoken of in a negative and sinful connotation, just as they were in Romans.

The article works very hard to build detours around plain biblical language and plain biblical laws.  It fails to do so.

Well said, and eloquently so.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Thallasa
On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 2:46 AM, shiloh357 said:

Matthew Vines should study the Bible a little better.    The Bible has two words it uses for "abomination" in the Old Testament.   When God refers to something as being ritually impure and thus an "abomination"  He uses the Hebrew word, "sheqets"  which simply a word for what is ritually defiled.  That's the word used in reference to animals like pork and shellfish and it is the word used for other forms of ritual impurity.    However, when God refers to Homosexuality, sorcery, etc.  He calls it an abomination but uses the word "toe-ay-vah" and that word is used to describe what is disgusting and reprehensible or abhorrent to God.

As for Romans 10: 4,  When it says that the Christ is the end of the law,  the word "end" is "telos" in the Greek and in the context of Romans 10, it means that Christ is the focus or the main idea of the law.  Christ was the "end" in the sense that he was the "goal" the law was supposed to point us to.   It doesn't mean that Christ was the termination of the law.

If Christ were the termination of the law, then it would be okay to murder, dishonor parents, covet, steal and worship idols.    So Matthew Vines is quite a bit off in his presentation here.    Hebrew 8:13 says the Old Covenant is obsolete; it DOES NOT say that the old law is obsolete.  The Old Covenant refers to the old administration of the law, not the law itself.   The Writer of Hebrews isn't talking about the abrogation of God's laws at all.  Besides, Hebrews was only talking about the laws pertaining to the sacrifices, not the entire law.   His point is that the law is under a new administration.  We still have a sacrifice, blood, and a high priest just like in the OT.   But all of those things are now met in Christ.

That is only partially true.  In the ancient Greek and Roman cultures homosexuality was rampant.  It was not just confined to the a specific form of relationship.   History records the gross immorality that took place in cities like Corinth.   It was so rampant that if one were called a "Corinthian" they were a person of extreme immorality.  

When Paul was speaking of men having long hair as unnatural, Paul was speaking to the Corinthian church.  Male prostitutes wore their hair long and effeminate to attract other men.  It was a homosexual practice.  It is unnatural for men to purposely dress and adorn themselves as females.

Same sex marriage is an abomination because it perverts God's plan for marriage and human sexuality.   God abhors homosexuality in any shape or form be it in a monogamous relationship or done with several partners.  The specific mode is irrelevant.  God condemns it all.

The word "homosexual"  didn't exist in the Greek vocabulary.   But the lifestyle was discussed in both I Cor. 6:9-10 and I Tim. 1:10.   Those are the Bible's way of referring to homosexuals.   And it stands as the means by which we judge ALL similar homosexual relationships no matter what form they take.

The Bible never mentions same sex marriage.  True.  But it doesn't mention child molestation or spousal abuse, either.  Should we assume those things are okay simply because they are not explicitly mentioned?  

The Bible doesn't mention every sin that can be possibly committed.   What it does do is it provides us with a behavioral paradigm with the sins it does mention that we can use to judge as sin, the things it doesn't explicitly mention.

Shiloh ,Thank you for this very informative post .

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

There is no bias at the cross, no discrimination.

ALL may come and receive pardon, their sins washed away.

ALL may come and receive new life "if any person be in Christ they are a new creation. old things have passed away behold all things have become new"

To say that Homosexuals alone among sinners cannot receive this new life and change and be clean and made holy would be to discriminate.

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, TehMill said:

There is no bias at the cross, no discrimination.

ALL may come and receive pardon, their sins washed away.

ALL may come and receive new life "if any person be in Christ they are a new creation. old things have passed away behold all things have become new"

To say that Homosexuals alone among sinners cannot receive this new life and change and be clean and made holy would be to discriminate.

No one said any different.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No one said any different.

But some have indicated that a homosexual who is saved is a homosexual Christian...no such thing