I am a gay man, an Atheist, but I am looking for answers

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I would like to ask why God would be so concerned about who I love and how I express that love towards them?

Guest shiloh357
40 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

I would like to ask why God would be so concerned about who I love and how I express that love towards them?

God created us in His image and He created human sexuality to be an expression of love between a man and a woman, as well as the means by which other men and women who are created in His image enter into the world.  Homosexuality does not cooperate with God's plan for humanity.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,134
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Welcome to Worthy,Ouroboros

God is concerned for everyone...because He loves you

King James Bible
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

The question is,"Are you concerned?'                                                                            With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,207
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

Because God is concerned with your health, physical , mental and spiritual.

Gods desire for us on earth is to seek Him  and grow spiritually in Him

Growing spiritually in Him means to let go of our egos, let go of our old nature ,

that are bent on destructive ways and to turn our lives over to HIM.

God is not only concerned for you

He is concerned about EVERYONE

God is concerned about how

WE ALL express our love towards our fellowman.

If how we think our expression of love is good when its harming to ourselves or another than

how could our loving creator and Father in heaven be happy about it?

I can justify smoking

but who can I blame when i get sick?

I can justify drinking alcohol

but who can I blame when I get sick?

I can justify gambling

but who can i blame when I loose all?

I can justify cheating on my spouse

but who do I blame when loose all?

I can justify stealing, or murdering

but who can I blame when my soul consciousness has become so depraved form those actions, that have made me sick and have cause great loss?

Not to get into  any great detail here, as this is a family forum,

But I think it is safe to say that you are quite aware of the physical damages such unnatural actions can cause to the body.

From tears, inflammations, infections...

God made our bodies perfect to functions in the proper usage of them.

When we derail from our bodies proper usage, we are going off track.

We are missing the mark, we are harming ourselves and possibly others.

and that no longer has any part to do in Gods second commandment loving your neighbor as yourself.

nor is it respecting Gods first commandment to Love thy God with ALL they strength, might and capacity.

When we fail at those two commandments, we consequently are failing other commandments given by God

that are guidelines to a healthy living in Him.

Edited by 1to3

1 hour ago, Ouroboros said:

Many people would like to know why the LGBT community is so concerned about broadcasting who they love and how you express that love towards them. Why do you need your own "flag," your own parades, your own legislation and insistence that your "movement" is part of the civil rights movement? If the LGBT agenda wasn't so "in your face," then I don't believe that it would be such a public issue. The LGBT community is treated fairly in this country, and most people, including Christians, are silent towards you until you force your views down our throats. Christians know what the Bible says about homosexuality, as does the LGBT community. GOD is concerned about the sin problem, not the LGBT problem.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,701
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 hour ago, Ouroboros said:

we can certainly address why, using scripture, but it would just lead to a endless debate. But, how about we look at what God is actually concerned about. And that is your soul. God, loves you, pure and simple. Its not about you being gay. Don't get me wrong-Im not saying that being gay isnt a sin. Im saying it is. But, so is adultery. So is lying. So is looking at a woman out of lust. And lying. Stealing. Taking Gods name in vain. It is all sin, and none of it, was what God intended for us-it all came about, by mankinds bad decision skills. God cares about you-and wants a relationship with you-but it can't happen until you turn from sin and towards Him. 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

God created us in His image and He created human sexuality to be an expression of love between a man and a woman, as well as the means by which other men and women who are created in His image enter into the world.  Homosexuality does not cooperate with God's plan for humanity.

Correct. Starting in Leviticus, chat  18:22 " You shall not lie with a male as with a woman.  It is an abomination. That is just one,  Romans in the first chapter you will find more and several in Revelation all talk about sexual morality.  Sodom and Gomorrah was so thoroughly destroyed they cannot even find where it once stood.  Romans 1:20-32.  It speaks of vile sexuality immorality.  You are created to be an eternal being.  You will spend eternity somewhere and one of the posters already said are you concerned where you will spend eternity?  Homosexuality is a sin in God's eyes and He wants you to see that, accept His Gift of Eternal Life and spend eternity with Him.  Isn't that what you want? I know it's what I want.  I want you to see the truth and not the lies of the enemy. Please remember too, once you enter into whatever eternity you choose you are there forever, that's what eternity is.  No changing your mind. Without God, eternity is a long, long time.  You are precious in God's sight and in ours too.

Blessings RustyAngeL 

we can certainly address why, using scripture, but it would just lead to a endless debate. But, how about we look at what God is actually concerned about. And that is your soul.                                                                                                                                                                   Patriot

Exactly what I said,,,,,,,God is concerned about you,where you will spend eternity & He wants you to spend it with Him            With love-in Christ,Kwik

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,864
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

As others have said, God loves you, Ouroboros. That's where it all starts.

John 3:16 ESV -- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

In the same way a parent corrects their children who have gone astray, so does God disprove of actions that harm us, those around us, and our eternal outlook. Parents disciple and set rules not out of hate, or anger, or wanting to make things tough for their children. It's because their children will destroy themselves, not knowing better. God disproves of actions which harm you and His plans for you because He wants the best for you; we, by ourselves, are too limited to really know what's best for us.

Jeremiah 29:11 ESV -- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

If we and everything else is created by God, then He best understands what we need. He created love between a man and woman as a symbol of His love for us, and to facilitate the raising of strong families that form the backbone of human society.  Homosexual relationships run counter to God's design and creation, and only He holds authority over what is right and wrong.

Hebrews 13:4 ESV -- Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous

You'll have to ask yourself an important question; is the Bible the infallible word of God? If the answer is "yes," that has many implications for all of us, in all aspects of our lives. What you or I or any other human thinks about any subject becomes completely moot at that point. If God is real, if God is God, then we have to chose if we're going to act like it or not. He gives us that choice, because obedience without choice is meaningless. But He only allows us to choose actions, not consequences, and consequences have been laid out very clearly.

Here is a great message, given by a man much wiser than I, that you may find of interest as well. God bless you in your seeking of the truth. I will pray for you!

http://www.desiringgod.org/messages/let-marriage-be-held-in-honor-thinking-biblically-about-so-called-same-sex-marriage

Blessings Ouroboros..

He gives us that choice,                                                                                                                                                                 posted by BK1110

Amen! That is right,it is all about making a choice,free will,the decisions we make throughout life "In Whom will I Serve"       God Bless you,Praise Jesus!

With love-in Christ,Kwik