I am a gay man, an Atheist, but I am looking for answers

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

God's first commandment is love your neighbor as you love yourself. Love, for some isn't easy. But focusing your mind on Christ and reading his word daily will help with that. Jesus shows an example of love, you see it with his parents, his disciples, even to his enemies. It's challenging to follow Christ's example of love. But one thing to remember is that God loves you and he wants you to show your love to others, by either giving back to your community with volunteering. Calling a friend and chatting with them if you haven't spoken to them in a while. Or even prayer, that helps as well, and telling God how much you love him. He will be pleased with that. I hope that helps. God bless!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/29/1953

On 7/13/2016 at 2:04 PM, Ouroboros said:

I would like to ask why God would be so concerned about who I love and how I express that love towards them?

God set things to work in certain ways and that includes things that go on between His creation. So here is what medical science states about the detriments homosexuality generates.

It is about Actions and Consequences, which then determines if a person's actions (behavior in particular) are correct or incorrect... the results of the behavior.

And homosexuality time and time again proves to be a highly detrimental behavior, which needs to be corrected, not glamorized nor rights given to it.

Here are just a few examples of the detrimental results of the homosexual behavior.

- Dr. Selma Dritz in the New England Journal of Medicine: “Oral and ana l inter course present physicians with surgical as well as medical problems, ranging from ana l fissures and impaction of foreign bodies in the rectum to major diagnostic dilemmas.”
* Reference: Dritz SK. "Medical Aspects of Homosexuality." The New England Journal of Medicine, 1980; Vol. 302 No. 8 (463-464).

- “Study: Gay Men Are Twice as Likely to Have Cancer”, Yahoo story, By MEREDITH MELNICK Meredith Melnick– Tue May 10, 10:05 pm ET

- Lesbian sex is linked to higher risks of bacterial vaginosis, HPV specifically genital warts—squamous intraepithelial lesions, trichomoniasis, syphilis, and Herpes simplex virus (HSV), and cervical cancer even among women who have had no prior sex with men. In addition, women who have sex with women have a higher risk of HIV/Aids due to the fact that many of identified lesbians have had sex with bisexual men much more so than a hetero woman has. Transmission also occurs through vaginal and cervical secretions between lesbian women.

* Reference: Women Who Have Se x with Women (WSW), Centers for Disease Control, 2006 (MMWR August 4, 2006 / Vol. 55 / No. RR--11). Retrieved on January 9, 2009.
- Frenkl, Tara Lee, Potts, Jeannette (February 2008). "Sexually Transmitted Infections", Urologic Clinics of North America, 35 (1) p. 33–46.

- In The Gay Report, by Jay and Young, homosexual researchers surveyed the sex habits of homosexuals, Traditional Values reported. The result shows that:

· 99% had engaged in oral se x
· 91% had engaged in anal intercourse
· 83% engaged in rimmi ng (mouth to anu s contact)
· 22% had fisted their sex partners
· 23% admitted to golden showers (urinating on a se x partner)
· 76% admitted to group or public se x
· 4% admitted ingesting feces
These behaviors are the seedbed for a whole variety of serious intestinal parasites, viruses, and bacteria known collectively as "Gay Bowel Syndrome."

-Dr. Stephen E. Goldstone, the medical director of Gay Health.com says that 68% of HIV-positive and 45% of HIV-negative homosexual men have abnormal or precancerous an/al cells, noted Traditional Values.

-Medical experts and scientists believe that the increased number of sexually transmitted diseases (STD) cases is the result of an increase in risky sexual practices by a growing number of gay men. One in five gay men were found to have HIV, according to a study released by the CDC in 2010.

Latest… STDs continue on the increase in San Francisco for the 6th year in a row!
Reference: Article “California: San Francisco sees Spike in STDs”, from HIV/AIDS Resource for Gay Men website, U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention, February 13, 2012.

“MSM have higher HIV and other STI rates than do women and heterosexual men”, Reference: Article from HIV/AIDS Resource for Gay Men website, U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention, May 29, 2012.

“Gay, bisexual, and other men who have se x with men (MSM)1represent approximately 2% of the US population, yet are the population most severely affected by HIV”, Reference, article “ HIV Among Gay and Bisexual Men”, from website HIV/AIDS Resource for Gay Men website, U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention, May 18, 2012.

“Atlanta researchers found a high rate of HIV in gay male couples who thought both partners were HIV-negative”, Reference, article “Gay couples at Risk”, from website HIV/AIDS Resource for Gay Men website, U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention, November/December 2011.

There is a lot, lot, and lot more, but as for the result of these previous studies, it is simple.

Gay men for example, have ana l sex as their main se x act, and the colon is NOT prepare to fight viruses as the vagin a does with all its acidity. Furthermore, the colon is designed by nature to absorb as much material as it can, so when a peni s is introduced in it with all its “wonderful” viruses and bacteria traveling on it, the colon simply does what it does best, it tries to adsorb all of it.... hence the person is more likely to get infections, viruses, cancer causing agents, etc.

The same with Fella tio, the mouth is the beginning of the digestion process, and gay men and lesbians indulge heavily in it, so the introduction of viruses, germs and cancer causing agents into a person is more likely in these cases.

Action and consequences... that is what the opposition against homosexuality has always been all about, the bad consequences to the individuals and society.. because yes YOU too are affected, that irresponsible reckless sexual behavior results in diseases being passes around/spread upon the population, increasing the Health Care cost for everyone! ...so when your Health Coverage BILL increases come in the mail d-o n-o-t complain... with "acceptance" of homosexuality, you asked for it!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

On 7/13/2016 at 9:46 PM, shiloh357 said:

God created us in His image and He created human sexuality to be an expression of love between a man and a woman, as well as the means by which other men and women who are created in His image enter into the world.  Homosexuality does not cooperate with God's plan for humanity.

Yes, I agree with that. Nobody can adapt God to his or her peculiarities. No negotiation allowed. Truth can be bitter for some people.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

God is concern about everything in your life for the simple reason that He loves you and He desires for nobody to perish but for  all to come to repentance and have eternal life. He made you with a purpose in mind and a wonderful plan... homosexuality does not fit that purpose nor plan. He made love to be and be expressed between a man and a woman any other way is an abomination to Him. He loves you so much that even while in our transgressions He gave His life for us. My friend, if you are here seeking answers; you are in a wonderful position for it is our Lord who is knocking on your door....open the door to the Most High God of heaven and He alone shall give you answers and peace and eternal life and He shall also make you a new creature.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 4:04 AM, Ouroboros said:

tI would like to ask why God would be so concerned about who I love and how I express that love towards them?

"I am a gay man, an Atheist, but I am looking for answers."

Here is the answers you are looking for.

If you are an atheist, you do  not believe in God, but if you want answers I assume you may be concerned about the afterlife.

1. If you engage in homosexual behaviour, according to God, you are not Gay. According to God's Word, you are a Sodomite.

What did God do to the city of Sodom, which was full of sodomites?  Sadly, God could not find even forty five persons in the whole  city who were not sodomites?

Genesis 18:28, Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.

Genesis 19:24, Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;

2. Leviticus 20:13, If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

God means what He says, when He says what He means.

God created Adam and Eve in His image and likeness to go forth and multiply, and replenish the Earth, He never created Adam and Bill to go forth and reproduce?

Genesis 1:28, And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth11 upon the earth.

Matthew 19:5, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

Cleave to his wife, not to another man?

Matthew 19:6, Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

PS, Sadly, I don't think Ourboros has any intention of coming back. Its been two months since he asked the question.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Because he cares about you. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,362
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Hi Ouroboros,

The Bible describes God as not only our Creator, but our Father. He therefore has intimate concern for every aspect of our well-being.

As the all-knowing Creator, He has knowledge of our innermost workings – including what is good for us and what is harmful. Those things which are harmful He has designated to be sin and told us to stay away from them. Unfortunately, our first ancestors ignored God’s authority resulting in all of humanity becoming corrupted in various ways. According to the Biblical model of reality, all sin breeds corruption (namely human suffering and death) – and its effects are not limited to those committing the sin. As a consequence of that inherent corruption, we all experience desires which are contrary to God’s explicit will for our lives.

Biblical love means doing what is in the best interest of another – even when it means sacrifice to self.

As an atheist, the world has told you that such things are irrelevant and unimportant, but under the Biblical model, all sin destroys. So what you are calling “love” (based on a secular understanding of reality) the Bible has designated to have broad-ranging, negative effects for both yourself and humanity (remembering that Biblical Adam introduced suffering and death into our entire reality by simply eating a piece of fruit he shouldn’t have). All sin causes suffering to humanity. Continued sin increases the influence of that corruption on humanity.

That is why God is concerned with all sin. God loves us all, but the pursuit of sin (including homosexual practice) increases harm, not just to ourselves, but across humanity.

None of this is intended question the legitimacy of your desires. You have wisely asked the question rather than dismissing our beliefs out-of-hand (like so many others). I hope you are able to give our answers fair consideration.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

3 hours ago, Tristen said:

Hi Ouroboros,

The Bible describes God as not only our Creator, but our Father. He therefore has intimate concern for every aspect of our well-being.

As the all-knowing Creator, He has knowledge of our innermost workings – including what is good for us and what is harmful. Those things which are harmful He has designated to be sin and told us to stay away from them. Unfortunately, our first ancestors ignored God’s authority resulting in all of humanity becoming corrupted in various ways. According to the Biblical model of reality, all sin breeds corruption (namely human suffering and death) – and its effects are not limited to those committing the sin. As a consequence of that inherent corruption, we all experience desires which are contrary to God’s explicit will for our lives.

Biblical love means doing what is in the best interest of another – even when it means sacrifice to self.

As an atheist, the world has told you that such things are irrelevant and unimportant, but under the Biblical model, all sin destroys. So what you are calling “love” (based on a secular understanding of reality) the Bible has designated to have broad-ranging, negative effects for both yourself and humanity (remembering that Biblical Adam introduced suffering and death into our entire reality by simply eating a piece of fruit he shouldn’t have). All sin causes suffering to humanity. Continued sin increases the influence of that corruption on humanity.

That is why God is concerned with all sin. God loves us all, but the pursuit of sin (including homosexual practice) increases harm, not just to ourselves, but across humanity.

None of this is intended question the legitimacy of your desires. You have wisely asked the question rather than dismissing our beliefs out-of-hand (like so many others). I hope you are able to give our answers fair consideration.

Excellent post Tristen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

On 13/07/2016 at 7:04 PM, Ouroboros said:

I would like to ask why God would be so concerned about who I love and how I express that love towards them?

You're confusing love with lust.

God wants me to love my sister. He does not want me to have sex with her.

God wants me to love little children. He does not want me to be sexually attracted to them.

God wants me to love other men and treat them as my brothers. He does not want me to go to bed with them.

I can love another man.

I can care for him, I can feed him when he is hungry. I can grieve for him when he dies. I can love him with all my heart.

I am not permitted to have sex with him.

God does not care about who I love. God does care about who I have sexual relations with.

I hope that answers your question.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 14/07/2016 at 6:04 AM, Ouroboros said:

Which God are you asking? The God we believe in, or the God you don't believe in? There is a difference.