Willtysn89

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

As well as following Jesus in my heart, I also like to make him and the father offerings but am concerned whether this would be classifyed as magic. But I will be honest with you all here to give as much detail as I can. When I wake up in the morning I go to my table which has a Golden cross upon it, either side are two specially made cups. One with a sun to represent the day and another with a moon to represent the night.

The first thing I do is pour water into the cup with the sun and offer it to Jesus, when I drink from it I imagine im driking the blood of Christ to remind me of the most important lesson of all. That he died for our sins. I thank the Lord for this new day and request his blessings and guidence throughout the day. The same thing happens at nightime, with the only difference being that I make special prayers for things at night, such as relatives, loved ones, global isssues etc.

Im just wondering what people here think, when It comes to talking to God I certainly don't get any bad feeling from his side of things. But in terms of the Bible where I lack Biblical knowledge, is this form of offering to the Lord in alignment with the teachings of the Lord?

The only sacrifice/offering that GOD will accept is that of Jesus Christ on the Cross. I think that the only offering GOD accepts are ones of service in the name of Christ. I do think that what you are wanting to do is commendable, but I personally don't think that it is something I would do or that GOD would want from you, either. Just my personal opinion.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Hi Willtysn.,

Here in the Seekers Lounge we invite those who do not know Jesus as their Savior.  It for the unsaved.  It sounds as if you are a Christian.  However the two bowl part sound a bit New Age to me.  Instead of the bowls, get out your Bible, read His Word, the just pray.  Sit and talk with Him about your day.  Thank Him for Him keeping you safe during the night and waking you up in the morning.  

I have never read anything about bowls representing the sun and moon, as I said sounds new age to me. You said you lack Bible knowledge, this is why I suggest you get into His Word, learn what He has to say, the Bible is His love letter to us.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

Sorry I didn't mention before, but iv'e moved to a new area and started a new church where they don't do holy communion as it is a non-denominational church. And with the type of work I do I need to be in a steady routine, in my old church holy communion was taken on a Sunday, but since Im at church on Sunday im ujnable to do that. So this is idea really isn't as new age as it sounds, but im wondering if the practise of holy communion (breaking the bread and wine) at home is a suitible or approrpiate act. I do consult the bible often but there is no mention about this sort of thing in there which why in the end I decided to reach out to the net. God doesn't seem to have a specific answer for me other than the focus should be more on the bible, which im in agreement with as I do with you guys. But I do miss the practise of holy communion and wonder if it is still okay to practise it while being at home?

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Wiltysn

Welcome to Worthy & I say,"Good for you",it sounds to me like you are hoping to do exactly what Jesus told us to do 'Do this in remembrance of me",,,,it is not the sacrifice or offering ,Jesus is the Sacrifice ,the Lamb of God,,,,it is the condition of your heart & Brother,if what you are telling me is so,that you only desire to commune with our Lord,,,,,AMEN!

I partake of Him everyday & I do use the bread & the wine when I am "remembering His Words & His Finished Work on the Cross....here are some Scriptures for you .............

1 Corinthians 11:26 - For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

John 6:53-58 - Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.   (Read More...)

Luke 22:19-20 - And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake [it], and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.   (Read More...)

1 Corinthians 11:24-27 - And when he had given thanks, he brake [it], and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.   (Read More...)

1 Corinthians 11:28 - But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of [that] bread, and drink of [that] cup.

Matthew 26:26-28 - And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed [it], and brake [it], and gave [it] to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.   (Read More...)

John 6:53 - Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Acts 2:42 - And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

1 Corinthians 11:27-29 - Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink [this] cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.   (Read More...)

John 6:51 - I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Isaiah 53:5 - But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Luke 24:30 - And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed [it], and brake, and gave to them.

John 6:33 - For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

The 'bread" itself & the "wine" or(water) is not magic,it has no powers,,,,what they represent does & if it helps your heart & mind to better get focused then by all means,do it!                                                                                                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

Thankyou for all these scriptures, and yes that is the reason! We used to do it in my Church since I was a baby, but I never understood its meaning until about the age of 7, and at that age the story really was central to my life as I want it to be now, I will be making a post soon in the welcome section as there its been a very crazy week for me, but I am really thrilled to be here and thankyou again for your kind responce!

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 7/14/2016 at 7:06 AM, Willtysn89 said:

Sorry I didn't mention before, but iv'e moved to a new area and started a new church where they don't do holy communion as it is a non-denominational church. And with the type of work I do I need to be in a steady routine, in my old church holy communion was taken on a Sunday, but since Im at church on Sunday im ujnable to do that. So this is idea really isn't as new age as it sounds, but im wondering if the practise of holy communion (breaking the bread and wine) at home is a suitible or approrpiate act. I do consult the bible often but there is no mention about this sort of thing in there which why in the end I decided to reach out to the net. God doesn't seem to have a specific answer for me other than the focus should be more on the bible, which im in agreement with as I do with you guys. But I do miss the practise of holy communion and wonder if it is still okay to practise it while being at home?

You bet it is.  You may take communion whenever you wish.  It is between you and Jesus, and He honors it and is present every time you do this in remembrance of Him.

Blessings RustyAngeL

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

On 7/13/2016 at 5:36 PM, Willtysn89 said:

As well as following Jesus in my heart, I also like to make him and the father offerings but am concerned whether this would be classifyed as magic. But I will be honest with you all here to give as much detail as I can. When I wake up in the morning I go to my table which has a Golden cross upon it, either side are two specially made cups. One with a sun to represent the day and another with a moon to represent the night.

The first thing I do is pour water into the cup with the sun and offer it to Jesus, when I drink from it I imagine im driking the blood of Christ to remind me of the most important lesson of all. That he died for our sins. I thank the Lord for this new day and request his blessings and guidence throughout the day. The same thing happens at nightime, with the only difference being that I make special prayers for things at night, such as relatives, loved ones, global isssues etc.

Im just wondering what people here think, when It comes to talking to God I certainly don't get any bad feeling from his side of things. But in terms of the Bible where I lack Biblical knowledge, is this form of offering to the Lord in alignment with the teachings of the Lord?

Hello, and welcome!

It does sound a little New Age, as RustyAngeL said, but from your description, it sounds like your heart is in the right place.

The Bible tells us that it is through Jesus alone that we are saved...

John 14:6 ESV -- Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

...so I would say you should just ask yourself; why am I doing this? If it is because you seek salvation through ritual, you would be in the wrong. But if you simply use it as a daily reminder of His word and sacrifice for you, to focus your mind and heart on Him, then I don't believe there to be anything Biblically wrong with it. And I would also echo Rusty's suggestion to get into that Bible on a daily basis; there's nothing better for growing your knowledge of right and wrong and finding out what God actually thinks of what you're doing. God bless!

2 Timothy 3:16-17 ESV -- All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Wilty

Thank you for all these scriptures, and yes that is the reason!

You are very welcome,my pleasure & me too            so glad you are here,all the Glory & Thanksgiving to God Most High!

With love-in Christ,kwik